Gen X Jet

MNF Colts @ Jets

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Impossibe to tell which is worse.  Fans who sell out to other teams, or fans who do the type of crap you see in this picture.  Have the guts to support the team through good and bad.

Those fans you refer to are, in fact, supporting their team.

This analogy is on the serious side, but should ring a bell nonetheless.

I am sure you have had some deaths in the family.  People grieve in different ways.  Some celebrate life. Some block it out.  Some become irritable.  Some get really depressed.  Some turn to religion...etc. etc.

Fans deal with losing differently too.  Some get depressed. Others tune them out completely and find something better to do.  Some share their displeasure on message boards. Some stay over-the-top positive that better days are ahead.  Some wear green goggles.  Some show up with bags on their head, etc...

All of the above are still Jet fans.   This team has put all of us through too much crap to knock anyone for how they handle being emotionally attached to this cursed franchise.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Just now, RoadFan said:

Those fans you refer to are, in fact, supporting their team.

This analogy is on the serious side, but should ring a bell nonetheless.

I am sure you have had some deaths in the family.  People grieve in different ways.  Some celebrate life. Some block it out.  Some become irritable.  Some get really depressed.  Some turn to religion...etc. etc.

Fans deal with losing differently too.  Some get depressed. Others tune them out completely and find something better to do.  Some share their displeasure on message boards.  Some show up with bags on their head, etc...

All of the above are still Jet fans.   This team has put all of us through too much crap to knock anyone of for how they handle being emotionally attached to this cursed franchise.

True, but none (at least in my family), express shame for being associated with the deceased (not 'til I kick the bucket anyway).

Hell, Bowles just named Fitz the starter again...go ahead and wear the bags.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

True, but none (at least in my family), express shame for being associated with the deceased (not 'til I kick the bucket anyway).

Hell, Bowles just named Fitz the starter again...go ahead and wear the bags.

That's the spirit!  I might cope by donating to a FireBowles billboard.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Come on Todd, play all the youngsters including Petty so I can enjoy watching some youngsters develop.

I think he is...Jenkins, Lee, Roberts, Miles, Simon (on D) and Marshall, Anderson, Peake, Ijalana, Johnson, Tomlinson (on Off). 

The ratings will probably be lower than a Kapernick led 49er's team playing at West Point. I would bet the under on that ratings #. I'll still watch though. You know its bad when my wife the Lions fan can talk smack to me. It just never end's does it?

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The ratings will probably be lower than a Kapernick led 49er's team playing at West Point. I would bet the under on that ratings #. I'll still watch though. You know its bad when my wife the Lions fan can talk smack to me. It just never end's does it?

On the bright side, getting out of the stadium after the game should be a breeze!

7 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

they paid large amounts of money for tickets, they can do what ever the f they want. lol at defending supporting losers.

who's dummer? fans that pay money to watch losers lose or people that only spend their hard earned money thats something thats more entertaining..you know..like winning...

Los Angeles fans are the smartest fan's on earth, not the least loyal

What language is this supposed to be? 

If Bowles is still the coach next year after repeatedly trotting Fitzpatrick out there with no chance to make the playoffs......I will still probably be a fan but dammit this is frustrating.

I understand that we want to win games and I do too no matter what the circumstances but Fitz will not be on the team next year so stop putting Fitztragic out there!

UConn athletics and the Jets are my two biggest sports passions. 

Monday night, I got UConn vs. Syracuse (the one single entity I hate more than the cheats from foxboro), and the Jets in primetime. Both figure to be complete sh*tfests for me. 

Yay.

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

Impossibe to tell which is worse.  Fans who sell out to other teams, or fans who do the type of crap you see in this picture.  Have the guts to support the team through good and bad.

Boy I disagree with this, did you notice something?  They are at the game, yeah they are still supporting the team with the thing that matters most, hard earned cash.  Secondly fans should 100% for sure do stuff like that, it's one of the few things that can affect change with your team.

Amazingly sports seems to be the only thing in the world product which in which you are expected to sit down, shut up, and give us your money no matter how awful of a product we hand you for 20 years or more.

Anything that negatively imparts fans?  Ticket costs, PSL's, stadium deals, players leaving for more money, etc etc its called a 'business decision' that the fans have to live with.  However the fans are expected to totally put aside their own 'business decisions' for some kind of blind faith/religion.

Whole lot of people who supposedly don't give a shlt about this team giving a shlt.
lol

It is truly amazing how the "don't give a sh*t" brigade of so called fans spend virtually all their waking hours on Jet fan message boards announcing that they don't give a sh*t.

Solution. If you really don't give a sh*t go root for another NFL team...there are 31 of them...or watch the NHL or NBA or read a book or wait for April and baseball.

The thing is that the Colts are yet another team we should be able to beat if you do a few simple things.  Do NOT let Hilton kill you, have our all world dline crush a weak oline and harass Luck all game. 

Instead Hilton will run wild, luck will have time and some guy named Jack Doyle will score two tds and get about 3 crucial 3rd down conversions.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Boy I disagree with this, did you notice something?  They are at the game, yeah they are still supporting the team with the thing that matters most, hard earned cash.  Secondly fans should 100% for sure do stuff like that, it's one of the few things that can affect change with your team.

Amazingly sports seems to be the only thing in the world product which in which you are expected to sit down, shut up, and give us your money no matter how awful of a product we hand you for 20 years or more.

Anything that negatively imparts fans?  Ticket costs, PSL's, stadium deals, players leaving for more money, etc etc its called a 'business decision' that the fans have to live with.  However the fans are expected to totally put aside their own 'business decisions' for some kind of blind faith/religion.

I totally disagree.  You can do what you want but not for your reasons.  Fans should never effect change.  Fans are too stupid and self centered to have any say in what goes on with the team.  

To make it worse why should or how could a handful of nitwits who think it's cute and smart to wear a bag over their heads like Aints fans have any say over the other 99% of the stadium that is rooting for their team to win? Like real fans do.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I totally disagree.  You can do what you want but not for your reasons.  Fans should never effect change.  Fans are too stupid and self centered to have any say in what goes on with the team.  

To make it worse why should or how could a handful of nitwits who think it's cute and smart to wear a bag over their heads like Aints fans have any say over the other 99% of the stadium that is rooting for their team to win? Like real fans do.

Why should I listen to you?  You are stupid and self centered!

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Why should I listen to you?  You are stupid and self centered!

Because even at stupid and self centered I'm more informed and make more sense than you are?  Left you with nothing more to say? 

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because even at stupid and self centered I'm more informed and make more sense than you are?  Left you with nothing more to say? 

Well looks like ya got me there, fine comeback.  One of your better ones, probably about #3 overall in your career.