A man with a plan

LIJetsFan

20 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Played 15 games and was the leading receiver in 2014 with a horrid QB. 

He is not a pure number one, no but he's a 1b and he can play inside or outside. And you're right in that the Jets have cheaper alternatives. None of them are as productive as Decker has been for the previous two seasons for the Jets. That's laughable. 

He's been injured or hurt or whatever 2 out of the 4 years he's been here. Yeah, he was productive because the Jets had no other talented WRs. So, maybe the QB wasn't so horrid. He did, after all, lead them to 5 more wins than they have now.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, phill1c said:

He's been injured or hurt or whatever 2 out of the 4 years he's been here. Yeah, he was productive because the Jets had no other talented WRs. So, maybe the QB wasn't so horrid. He did, after all, lead them to 5 more wins than they have now.

Just admit you're wrong about Decker and move on. This is his third season as a Jets player. Before his two surgeries this season he played 30 out of 32 games. He was productive with pretty much any QB and had a great season last year with other weapons surrounding him and Fitz. Hell, he made Genomlook not terrible and was also productive with Tebow. Decker is a really solid player and has been worth the money. I'm not sure what your beef is. Maybe he's too pretty for you? There's no real reason to have beef with this player. 

1. Players to re-sign: Ijalana, Winters, W.Johnson, J.Martin, M.Williams, D.McDougle, M.Catapano, A.Johnson, T.Purdum

2. Players to let walk and/or cut: Fitz, Geno, Mangold, Harris, Breno, Clady, Revis, Folk, B.Carter 

3. Players to re-structure: Gilchrist, B.Marshall, Skrine  

4. Players to sign in FA: Kalil-OT, J.Collins-OLB, S.Gilmore-CB, Hoyer-QB, P.Dawson-K

Replacements for players lost (excluding rookies): Clady replaced by Kalil, Revis replaced by Gilmore, Harris replaced by Henderson, Mangold replaced by W.Johnson, Fitz/Geno replaced by Petty/Hack/Hoyer, Folk replaced by Dawson

Positions to target in draft, in this order: OT, CB, TE, RB, S

*Obviously, the draft will depend heavily on who is available where. Macc always focuses on BPA, and I like that. I would not mind if the Jets traded down either.

If you look at 1 and 2 alone, this will free up a ton of cash for 4. If Macc can also re-structure some players from 3, the Jets should be ok as far as the cap. If the Jets plan on trading Richardson b/c they have no interest in re-signing him, fine. I personally think he is a great talent and we should find a way to keep him. But getting a second round pick for him would allow us address a different (much needed) position in the draft. 

K.Rogers has to go but I would not fire Gailey. 

This team needs to do 3 things this offseason. 1- figure out who their QB will be. 2- cut overpaid, under-performing, aging players. 3- fix the secondary (cut Revis, sign a replacement FA, draft a CB high, hope Burris, Roberts, Skrine, and Williams can be a quality group with the FA addition and top tier rookie talent).

Infusing the team with young talent will come naturally with the draft. First, you have to cut the overpaid, aging players. Figuring out who the QB will be SOUNDS difficult but its just a matter of seeing if Petty or Hack are ready, if not, you turn to Hoyer- first, you have to sign Hoyer. Fixing the secondary SOUNDS difficult, but if you rid yourself of Revis and bring in someone like Gilmore and draft a CB high, that's half the battle. The Jets will have Roberts (whos playing great right now), Skrine (who can finally go back to the slot), Burris (who looks very promising), a vet in Williams, and a talented rookie.

The Jets are set at the WR position. They are set at the D-line. If they bring in J.Collins they will be set at LB. I'm fine with Gilchrist and Pryor at safety for now. The O-line will be fine if they bring back Ijalana, Winters and bring in an OT like Kalil. I fully expect them to draft an OT high as well. The RB corps is fine with Forte, Powell and fill in the blank (a rookie? R.Morris? Whoever). TE will be more than fine if they draft a TE in the top 3 rounds (just pair him with Enunwa and we have 2 weapons at TE).    

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick and Bowles ruined my football season.

You have no one to blame but yourself.  Until we have an Aaron Rodgers type franchise qb, failure should be expected.  We have been fans for too long to let this team disappoint us.

You know what this organization is. If they ruin anything for you, you let that happen.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I like it all but cutting Eric Decker. 

Agreed.  We actually had a really good thing going with Enunwa as the third receiver feasting on whatever scrub was forced to cover him man to man

The other suggestions aren't bad but I doubt we get a 3rd for Sheldumb let alone a 2nd.  If we resign Geno I'm worried Warfish will jump off a bridge

OMFG with the Norv Turner sh*t. The guy had one good run with an all time great possession ball control offense. He's not going to change anything here

When we have the best OL in history and sign players like Aikman Irvin and Smith then maybe give norv a call for that matter give any coach a  call cause you cant **** that much greatness up

Whitworth would be a nice under the radar signing.

Decker should be asked to restructure but never cut.

Geno Smith will go back up whoever starts in Cleveland next year.

Revis is a lock to go.

Sheldon should go and I think we'd jump on a 2nd rounder.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You have no one to blame but yourself.  Until we have an Aaron Rodgers type franchise qb, failure should be expected.  We have been fans for too long to let this team disappoint us.

You know what this organization is. If they ruin anything for you, you let that happen.

They've been ruining my football season for 47 years...........they haven't won a Super Bowl since I was 6. 

Every year its someone else's teams in the big game. 

There's always next year................

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They've been ruining my football season for 47 years...........they haven't won a Super Bowl since I was 6. 

Every year its someone else's teams in the big game. 

There's always next year................

Goddammit you're old. 

If they believe hackenberg is the future then I think Romo might be our best option in all honesty, regardless of the skill Geno possesses he is immature not really the best role model Romo would give us a better chance to win and be better for hack and petty to learn from. I think the value of aquiring him would be a 6th? Maybe a 2018 5th or we could try to package him into a deal with Richardson. I like the idea of cutting Decker he is a great player but gets injured fairly often might be worth shopping him too he might have some value to a team like the 49ers or browns.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

If they believe hackenberg is the future then I think Romo might be our best option in all honesty, regardless of the skill Geno possesses he is immature not really the best role model Romo would give us a better chance to win and be better for hack and petty to learn from. I think the value of aquiring him would be a 6th? Maybe a 2018 5th or we could try to package him into a deal with Richardson. I like the idea of cutting Decker he is a great player but gets injured fairly often might be worth shopping him too he might have some value to a team like the 49ers or browns.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

1. Romo has to renegotiate his contract in order to get traded which means he get to pick where he gets traded to.

2. Romo is an egg who will last 5 seconds behind our OL

3.If the Jets have that much faith in Hackenburg we really are screwed.

Very reactionary posts. It wasn't the Qb this season. It was the domino affect resulting from a poor secondary. If I was head coach, I'd fire Revis immediately. His  big play screw ups cost us overall effort.

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Why would the Jets sign a 35 year old Lt in free agency.  ( Whitworth)  how is that improving that position.  That like throwing money down a hole.   

Seriously doubt the Cowboys have the money to trade for Richardson.  ( can't afford his salary after next year).  They might have been willing to trade for him this year( one and half year window) where they let him leave in Fa after that. The Cowboys are that close , and getting that kind of defensive player would have been appealing.( not win one year left now , and Richardson looking for a monster payday). 

Seriously doubt  Geno Smith has any desire to be back with the Jets.  It's time for both parties to go in another direction. The Jets should be able to get a decent stop gap at Qb till they find their franchise Qb. I wouldn't be surprised if Geno Smith ended up in Miami, or with Jaguars.( appealing To him with his Florida roots).

With the Jaguars weapons at Wr , who would you rather behind center Geno Smith or Blake Bortles.

Agreed on all counts. Good post.

glennon makes sense, depending on how crazy his asking price is.

Heck a cheaper qb makes sense too.  Fitz and Geno have likely burned their bridges here but strictly speaking either would work.

Signing high priced old linemen though?  Makes no sense, and is a waste of money.

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Just admit you're wrong about Decker and move on. This is his third season as a Jets player. Before his two surgeries this season he played 30 out of 32 games. He was productive with pretty much any QB and had a great season last year with other weapons surrounding him and Fitz. Hell, he made Genomlook not terrible and was also productive with Tebow. Decker is a really solid player and has been worth the money. I'm not sure what your beef is. Maybe he's too pretty for you? There's no real reason to have beef with this player. 

It's an opinion, so cannot be wrong.

He's a productive receiver WHEN HEALTHY. That's not frequent enough for me. And he's not a game breaker and the Jets have Marshall. So, I think Enunwa and the younger guys can keep the jets from missing him, at his inflated price.

And this "30 out of 32 games" seems to ignore a season where he missed more than a few games in addition to this year's missing more than a few games. I really don't care enough about it to do the research, but I know I'm not crazy that he missed a significant amount of time in TWO seasons.

You like him, fine. I'm really not giving a f*ck if you do or not. Just stating my opinion on him.

5 hours ago, phill1c said:

It's an opinion, so cannot be wrong.

He's a productive receiver WHEN HEALTHY. That's not frequent enough for me. And he's not a game breaker and the Jets have Marshall. So, I think Enunwa and the younger guys can keep the jets from missing him, at his inflated price.

And this "30 out of 32 games" seems to ignore a season where he missed more than a few games in addition to this year's missing more than a few games. I really don't care enough about it to do the research, but I know I'm not crazy that he missed a significant amount of time in TWO seasons.

You like him, fine. I'm really not giving a f*ck if you do or not. Just stating my opinion on him.

Lol. He missed two games in two previous seasons here. One in 2014 (his first year here) and one last year. You're welcome to your opinion but not your own facts. I'm sorry the don't support your opinion. You'd know that if you'd care to look up anything. What's the point of this if you're not going to at least try to support your opinion? Willfully ignorant is no way to go through life. 

20 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/11/toj-pick-six-moves-new-york-jets-need-make-pre-nfl-draft-part-one/#more-34805

As we barrel towards the 6th straight year that the New York Jets miss the playoffs, we turn our eye to the offseason. Kevin had our first look at prospects that the Jets should have their eye on right here, but this week’s Pick Six focuses on 6 moves the team should make before we get there. These are realistic moves, and not Madden-style moves. Let’s take this one back like a Ryan Fitzpatrick throw in Arrowhead:

1. Trade DL Sheldon Richardson to the Dallas Cowboys for a 2nd round pick ($8.09M cap savings)

Trading Muhammed Wilkerson would be the move I would make, PR hit be damned, but no one wanted him when he was coming off a career year so I don’t think anyone bites now coming off a down year and with almost $27M guaranteed left on his deal. Trading Sheldon Richardson now, the second best DL out of the 3 the Jets currently employ, let’s you play Wilkerson/Leonard Williams/Steve McClendon as your starting DL in the base 3-4 the Jets employ. This also nets the Jets a 2nd round pick which gives the Jets 4 of the first 128 picks and 7 picks total in next year’s draft without expected comp picks for Damon Harrison, Chris Ivory, and Demario Davis. The Cowboys need a young game changer up front on defense and the Jets and Cowboys talked trade at the deadline so it’s wouldn’t be surprising to see the Jets revisit talks with Dallas and settle on a second round pick.

2. Cut WR Eric Decker ($8.75M in cap space)

Dealing Decker after the two injuries he’s sustained and with an almost $9M cap hit is going to be borderline impossible. Releasing Decker is the best option even though  I think Decker’s game can age a little better than Brandon Marshall’s going forward. Decker won’t get you the return Marshall will, and he nets you a higher cap savings. I’ve been a Marshall fan since he entered the league and I think he’s been the only real leader on an offensive unit that is devoid of any identity. He has struggled this year in large part because of the QB throwing him the ball. While Ryan Fitzpatrick is throwing interceptions to opposing teams and young guys under the bus, Marshall owns his failures and continues to actually give a damn about every game. In a lot of ways Fitzpatrick, Darrelle Revis, and Wilkerson represent what’s wrong with this team while Marshall, Williams, and Richardson should be the guys you build around. It would be a bad move if the Jets have to get rid of 2 of those guys. Marshall stays and Decker goes, which nets you a $8.75M savings.

3. Sign Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth

The free agent offensive line class doesn’t have much depth, but the best guy available is Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth. He should be Mike Maccagnan’s first call on the first day of free agency. Whitworth has been solid on the Bengals OL and, while not a splashy name, he is a stabilizing force. A team that will need two tackles can’t go in with question marks; better to sign the solid veteran and then take a chance on a underperforming young player like Riley Reiff from Detroit to play RT. Whitworth would also lessen the need for the Jets to reach for an OL prospect like Cam Robinson in the top 10.

4. Release CB Darrelle Revis ($7.3M cap space)

$6M dead cap hit? Watching Revis sign with the Bills? Reopening old wounds? All worth it to be rid of the greatest player to ever wear a Jets uniform after what can only be described as a clinic on how to mail it in this year. To go from a defensive player of the year candidate to not even a dime corner in this defense is astounding. I can point to the concussion sustained against the Texans as a reason for the scared tackling, but he’s been getting beat like a drum by 4th and 5th wideouts with his only good game coming against Larry Fitzgerald. Take that with him refusing to take responsibility for his poor play and, If he doesn’t retire, I’m releasing him and taking the cap savings to take aim at a free agent cornerback to replace him.

5. Resign Geno Smith

This one won’t be popular, but if the Jets are serious about this Christian Hackenberg as the franchise QB, then the Jets will need a bridge to get there. They can go out and sign Jay Cutler, trade for Tony Romo, or resign Fitzpatrick if they really want to go crazy but I think the best bet is to resign Geno Smith to a one year-prove it deal where he competes with Bryce Petty and the aforementioned Hackenberg for the starting job. Smith can get one year to salvage his career, the Jets get some continuity at QB, and Hack doesn’t have to be rushed as he learns a new system. Smith will probably come cheap, but the Jets should face competition for his services from teams like Jacksonville, Denver, and possibly Minnesota so they’d be smart to lock Smith in before he hits the open market.

6. Fire Chan Gailey and hire Norv Turner as Offensive Coordinator

After a great year last year, Old Man Gailey has been downright awful this year both in the red zone and with his curious usage of his most talented players. I think a head coach cannot be afraid to fire underperforming coordinators, and Gailey has underperformed this year. Same goes for Kacy Rodgers, but he seems to be Bowles’ version of Dennis Thurman at this point and probably won’t let go. Norv Turner has been a head coach in this league before, has had a lot of success as a playcaller in this league, and has developed young QBs at almost everywhere he’s been. Hiring Turner also gives you an in-house candidate to turn to in case Bowles sputters next year and you want to make a change. Turner checks off all the boxes and, as we’ve seen with the hire of Wade Phillips, Rod Marinelli, and Jim Schwartz as coordinators sometimes the best move you make is the person you hire to oversee one side of the ball for you.

With these moves (as well as the expected moves like not resigning Fitzpatrick, cutting Marcus Gilchrist, Nick Folk, and Breno Giacomini, and releasing Ryan Clady and the Jets start the offseason like this:

7 confirmed draft picks (3 additional compensatory picks), 10 total picks

$41.5M in cap space (before the Whitworth and Smith contracts)

Way off base on cutting Decker. Have you seen Marshall raise his level of play to accomodate the loss of Decker??? Hell no. He is no team leader, in fact, he is a joke. He primps and smiles his way to the Inside the NFL stage and that is where he belongs. Making all these moves is difficult, especially when talking trades. Dallas is not about to give a second round pick for a guy with no production at all. Lot of talent, but little production. I would cut Revis today if I were in charge simply because he has so obviously quit on his HC and team. As far as Geno Smith goes, I would just as soon throw Petty or Hackenberg into the fire. They couldn't do any worse. Geno Smith stinks and we have all seen that. Fire Gailey? Yes. Turner is a good candidate as any, but is he available?

http://turnonthejets.com/2016/12/new-york-jets-purge/#more-34673

*All cap information sourced here courtesy of www.overthecap.com

The Jets will enter the 2017 offseason with a ton of overpaid and underperforming veterans on the roster, while slightly over the cap to boot. It’s memories of 2012 on the surface – a hugely disappointing season followed by an offseason with tight cap restraints. Luckily if there is one silver lining with Maccagnan’s now ill-fated spending spree, the risk/reward balance was measured well enough. There is mostly the opportunity to start from scratch in terms of cuttable salary here, though we’ll see how wisely that is reinvested with an owner that is always desperate to turn things around. Let’s take a look at possible moves to come.

Days Are Numbered

OT Ryan Clady 

Clady’s trade came with a reworked contract that essentially became a one-year deal with a 2017 option for $10 million. Clady was once one of the best tackles in the league, the Jets took a chance he could stay healthy and regain that form. He’s done neither of those things, though it’s unfair to say his on-field play was bad in absolute terms. The value is just poor. Perhaps the Jets explore bringing him back on a cheaper deal, but Ryan Clady the $10 million tackle is not happening here or anywhere else.

DE Sheldon Richardson 

The writing is on the wall with Richardson. The defensive end situation has been more a logjam than an embarrassment of riches, and one of the three need to be moved on. Several indications point to Richardson. Todd Bowles is struggling greatly to effectively utilize all three ends at once, and it is Richardson who has been getting the square-peg treatment. Wilkerson and Williams have mostly been tried at different positions along the line, while Richardson has at times played outside linebacker or even inside linebacker to no one’s benefit. Richardson has a cap-friendly contract for a trade, while Wilkerson’s contract extension complicates a trade scenario. Richardson is also the most troubled off-the-field. While Wilkerson has also had discipline issues, Richardson has twice been suspended by the league in his four-year career. It may not end up being a big deal long-term, but it matters for making this decision.  Lastly and most obviously, the Jets literally tried to trade him a few weeks ago. It’s only going to pick up again in the spring.

Slight Chance of Return

C Nick Mangold

2017 is set to be the final year of Mangold’s seven-year deal he signed back when Mike Tannenbaum famously locked up all of the “core four” to long-term deals in 2010. While at the age of 32, Mangold can still start in the NFL – he just can no longer do it at an elite level. Thus it makes no sense for the Jets to hold onto him for one last year with a $9,075,000 cap hit. With no dead money incurred for cutting him, the Jets would clear a significant chunk of cap space with his release. The door could still be open for a cut and re-sign situation, but giving the younger and much cheaper Wesley Johnson a shot to start in 2017 should be given thought depending on how well he performs the rest of the way.

FS Marcus Gilchrist 

Gilchrist was one of the more surprising contracts of the 2015 offseason. He played some good football at times with San Diego but his final year was underwhelming. He’s been ok in two years here but his contract is backloaded with cap hits of top-ten safety money his last two seasons. It is yet another example of overpaying to plug holes in free agency. His release will clear $4,625,000 for 2017 and safety is a position where the Jets are better served giving extended playing time to young players who could do a similar job for a fraction of the cost.

LB David Harris

Harris is yet another attractive cap hit, with all of his $6,500,000 2017 salary cuttable without penalty. He’s been one of the most tough and reliable Jet defenders the past decade, but he’s no longer an above-average player and will be 33-years-old in January. His re-signing last offseason on an average of $7 million was not a great use of resources to begin with, but the argument at least was the Jets had money and could use Harris as a veteran rock for the “competitive rebuild.” The best thing the Jets could do is dump all veteran salary and push for a rebuild in earnest and that means cutting David Harris, but there’s a small chance he plays out his contract if the Jets brass take the short-term band-aid approach again instead.

CB Darrelle Revis

The decline of Darrelle Revis, like the team in it’s entirety, has been sharp and painful to watch. It doesn’t feel like there is any coming back from this. His effort and attitude has been as off as his physical abilities. Revis at his peak was a model professional – an absolute nightmare to deal with in terms of negotiating a deal, but no one took their role more seriously as one of the faces of the franchise. Now he sounds like a player that has all but given up. I would not be surprised if he just outright retired, but if not the Jets will have a decision to make. His release would incur $7.3 million in cap relief but also an $8 million hit in dead money. The best thing for both parties is to move on, but there’s a chance of Bowles trying to salvage the team’s best ever player.

50/50

WR Brandon Marshall

Releasing or trading Marshall frees $7,500,000 in cap space and he’s in the final year of his contract. Keeping him on board could make a big difference in drawing a veteran quarterback if that’s the direction the Jets go this offseason, but if a reset is coming then he’s a logical player to move. Wide receiver is one spot where the Jets have a promising group of young players and with Quincy Enunwa in particular the team has a player that looks readymade to replace Marshall. It’s been Enunwa, not Marshall, who has been the team’s most dangerous weapon this year.

Safe

DE Muhammad Wilkerson 

This is what the Jets signed up for when the Wilkerson extension came in. They’ve got him past 2016, and as far as next year goes, there’s no changing that unless the team wants to eat an extreme amount of dead money. Moving him in 2017 will cost the Jets a net $8,750,000 against the cap. Of the three prized ends it would be Wilkerson you’d want to trade all things being equal, but they’re not. Richardson’s the one with the tradable contract, Williams is the untouchable, Wilkerson is the one on the fresh front-loaded deal.

RB Matt Forte

A report surfaced last week that the Jets rushed to sign Forte when he let it be known he would visit with New England if he was to leave New Jersey without a deal. That deal featured a contract amenable to keeping Forte for at least two seasons – the Jets eat more dead money then would be saved by cutting him any earlier than 2018, the final year of his three-year contract. The contracts signed under Maccagnan’s regime have generally had a pretty good risk/reward balance in terms of an out without much penalty if the move fails, but this is an exception. The Jets are stuck with Forte. He’s not really that much of an anchor at a contract averaging $4 million a season, and it’s more his role that is frustrating than the player himself. But he’ll be back in 2017.

1-Trade with Dallas

Romo for Sheldon & we get a 4th rounder from the Cowboys. That's fair value. Sheldon is better than any 1st round defensive tackle in this upcoming draft. (Richardson instantly makes the Cowboys defense better & where the Cowboys will be picking trading for Richardson is like getting a high 1st round instant starter).

2- Sign Enunwa & Winters to new contracts.

3- Try to rework Mangold without putting money into future cap (reduce) his salary if he balks cut him (no way in hell you pay an old center breaking down 10 million).

3- Cut Revis, Harris, Gilchrist, Breno, don't resign Clady or Fitz. Cut Decker (too much money/you have Enunwa/Anderson/Smith/Peake) and he's an injury risk, (played the 1st 8 games in 2014 hurt, he's missed almost this whole season)

4- Sign Riley Reiff away from the Lions. Much younger than Whitworth (28), good pass blocker with a lot of experience, Stafford throws the ball all over the place. 

5- Target 2 defensive free agent signings (CB-Gilmore?, LB-Collins? Or DE- Chandler Jones) 

6- Try to trade Calvin Pryor (have no idea if possible? Let's start looking at Martin & Middleton over the next 5 games.

7- Draft Time

1st round- Mike Williams WR -We're building an offense for our future QB, but we're also lining up a veritable all star WR group for Romo to throw to. Marshall-Enunwa-Williams-Anderson-Smith-Peake....yea baby! 

2nd round- Christian McCaffrey RB - We add another Christian & continue adding offensive playmakers. Forte/McCaffrey/Powell form a nice trifecta at RB, all 3 can run & catch out of the backfield & give Tony the outlets he needs to dump the ball off & avoid hits.

3rd round- Mason Cole C- Jets find their future replacement for Nick Mangold & shore up the depth on Oline.

4th round- From Dallas? Who knows at this point how things play out. I'm going BPA (Oline/CB) whichever is there 

Later rounds I'd love to take a flyer on some TEs, maybe ASJ is still here & continues to stay clean. Macc has had very good success in the UDFA arena too with these new scouts. 

* Footnote- I'm so tired of defense, defense, defense at the top of the draft. We have enough to get by if we can get a pass rush (Jets held the Pats to 22 points-lowest output all year) and if you had a veteran like Romo throwing to the likes of Marshall, Enunwa, Williams, Anderson, Smith, ASJ, Forte, McCaffrey & Powell the offense would be putting up serious points (yes, I know taking a flyer on Romo is chancy but the Jets would honestly be vying for the AFC East title & Hackenberg would be working behind an extremely smart veteran QB. Jets will NEVER tank for a season....NEVER.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

3- Cut Revis, Harris, Gilchrist, Breno, don't resign Clady or Fitz. Cut Decker (too much money/you have Enunwa/Anderson/Smith/Peake) and he's an injury risk, (played the 1st 8 games in 2014 hurt, he's missed almost this whole season)

Decker is an injury risk but Devin Smith isn't? 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Decker is an injury risk but Devin Smith isn't? 

Decker is 8.5 million against the cap. Smith is peanuts. Plus you draft Willams you've got explosion, post up strength in Marshall on the other side, power & speed in the slot with Enunwa, and Anderson & Smith to take the top off. Romo throws beautiful sideline and seam passes! 

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Jester, overall nice post/plan but doesn't Romo put a huge dent in our cap$.  I'd just as soon trade them Mo instead of Sheldon (if they'd go along with that of course).  

Romo is a bridge to Hack. Woody is in no way shape or form going to completely clean house. You'd be amazed what a QB could do with these freaking weapons. Every veteran QB is an injury risk, you just put it in the contract. You think Elway would sign Romo without an injury clause. You have to protect your future cap. 

Sometimes you sign a discarded QB and they shine for 2 years. Favre fell apart with the Jets & had one of his best years ever with the Vikings one year later. We have no QBs ready RIGHT NOW, the AFC east is getting easier, Miami is a mirage, f*cking offside my azz on the kickoff, Rex might get fired. Gronk is a HUGE LOSS for the Pats, Brady is showing his age & he didn't even play the 1st 4 games, and their defense sucks! Romo with Marshall, Enunwa, Williams, Anderson, Smith, ASJ, Forte, McCaffrey would slice & dice them! Hell Fitz plays them well.

Archived