### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The difference between the Jets and the Browns is that the Browns will have one of the top two picks in the draft to get either Darnold or Rosen. Otherwise, they are basically the same.

I think, and I could be wrong, that the Browns have had top picks in the last 10-15 years. Yet they continue to blow. Having a first overall pick would be nice, but as a fan you want your team to win whenever possible.

I have made it clear several fucking times that you can root against the Jets. But you can't do it in the game thread.

I will be going through this thread in detail later.

The Jets won and they are in 1st place. Jets fans should be happy.

If you are reading this and you aren't happy, voice your frustrations in the 2018 draft forum.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

I agree to a certain point. But you're acting like because the Jets are 3-2 in early October they have no shot now of getting a QB next year. There are so many variables I think you are overlooking. The Jets could finish with the 10th pick and someone could fall to us, or we could trade up. Or we could not win another game the rest of the season after this game and being in a good spot to draft a top college QB. Or we could be targeting someone in FA like Garapolo. There is so much that can happen still.

Yeah. MAYBE.  But this team is a train wreck and we are bad in a year when it's good to be bad and we just can't wait to find a way to f*ck it all up.  Getting Garrapolo or Alex Smith is all just more of the same failures.  Jets are far too stupid and dysfunctional of an organization to have things break their way and fall into place for them. The variables you mention never work out in our favor.  If we don't find a way to turn this organization around in spite of itself, they will be doomed to go from doormat to 9-7 playoff pretender and back down to doormat for another 10 years.

10 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

If this were real sports, with a focus on recruiting.  I'd agree.  But it isn't.  It's NFL bullsh*t drama.  They made it so that if you don't have a QB you have no shot at contending.  When you minimize other positions like they have, the focus on winning becomes marginalized.  You are not going to be winning much w/o a QB.  So it becomes a chicken/egg scenario.  The system in place to get talent is the draft.  We don't get to win and point to that and get recruits to see that we are really trying and winning and a good place to come to.  It's a draft based system and we are doing everything we can to take ourselves out of the running.   So we can go out an win games with veteran scrubs like McCown and Kerley and pretend that it's a good thing or we ca be honest about who we are and how good we are and stop elevating our talent levels with short term bandaids that take us out of draft position through winning meaningless games against similarly bad competition. 

We are just letting people cut us in line to get a QB.  And we will come up empty handed again. 

HOORAY THOUGH!  We are 3-2!!!!  And now we start to play good teams. 

As one of the biggest proponents of tanking this year... dude, just shut up already.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I have made it clear several ******* times that you can root against the Jets. But you can't do it in the game thread.

I will be going through this thread in detail later.

The Jets won and they are in 1st place. Jets fans should be happy.

If you are reading this and you aren't happy, voice your frustrations in the 2018 draft forum.

NO PROFANITY!

:P

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I think, and I could be wrong, that the Browns have had top picks in the last 10-15 years. Yet they continue to blow. Having a first overall pick would be nice, but as a fan you want your team to win whenever possible.

Sashi Brown's young, talented, nucleus is definitely the same as the Michael Lombardi/Ray Farmer busts because, well, it just is.  They should have totally fixed that nightmare in less than 3-5 years.

26 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Probably just to remind you of what a salty little pussy you were/are.  Wahhh somebody's words hurt me.  Eat sh*t pussy.

I don't know who did what, I do know that this is an official warning.

Post something like that on this board again and you will be banned.

39 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Yes.  Let's support the Jets winning meaningless games against horrible teams. 

What a ******* wasted season.  We are struggling to beat the Browns and Jags, but I'm supposed to be super pumped that we are going to get those wins early before we get slaughtered the rest of the way and miss out on getting a QB and ever being a legitimate contender because....that's what good fans do. 

I'M SUPER PUMPED. 

Jets are a ******* joke of an organization.

Not in the game thread. The game thread is for people that are rooting for the Jets to win.

Is that clear?

Archived