Jump to content

### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###


Recommended Posts

It is game day! The Jets are in Cleveland and will take on the Browns at 1pm. The Jets marketing department seems confident that the Jets will win as they trolled the Browns on Twitter.

If you want to read up on the game please check out our Game Preview.

If you are here, talk about the game with us. Let's go Jets. 3 and 2 is the goal right now....let's keep that running game rolling and beat the Browns! 

 

Let's go Jets!!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jets fans are some of the worst!! Those of you saying tank; how the hell are we supposed to do that? Tank how...... Get guys to fumble? Put players in the wrong positions? Run poor offe

Good game Jets fans. You guys outplayed us today. Gutsy qb'ing by Mccown. He'll look good on your team in 2020 while our Browns #1 overall pick is taking us to the Super Bowl. 

Respect to the Browns. They know how to tank. And won’t let anyone get in their way. 

Posted Images

Hope we see Leggett get some reps.  Was "full go" on Friday.  Rookie class looking damn good so far.  Still wanna' see more.

While I do want to see leggett play awesomely, I need asj for fantasy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Have a feeling Petty makes his season debut tomorrow, this is just around the time of year where McCown breaks a few ribs and misses games. 

I was wondering if it's OK to hope Myles Garrett comes off the edge and injures McCown's left shoulder or something?

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about this one... Feels like a trap game, if we can have one of those... I think it'll be close but I'm worried about another DL breakdown and some big runs from Cleveland... We shall see.

Jets 20

Cleveland 16

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic trap game here. The Jets come in 2-2 against a team they are expected to beat. WARNING WARNING WARNING DANGER DANGER DANGER. Hopefully they will come out as they have the past 2 weeks and play smart and hard. If they do that they probably win. I'm looking for more development from the young guys first and foremost. After this the going gets rough so enjoy this game as it gets a lot tougher in the coming weeks.

I'm really worried about McCown's play in this one. He came down to earth against the Jags and started to show the form that has dogged him in his career. Will his play continue to backslide? I'm almost sure it will. We just have to wait and see I guess but sooner or later McCown will be on the bench this season due to injury or ineffective play. The signs are there and I'm not trying to be a downer here just calling it as I see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Against the Browns, I hope to see:

  • The continued integration of TE ASJ into the passing game and him becoming more of a check-down target & outlet for the QB.
  • Can LBs Davis & Lee have another strong game (stay in their lanes and not get washed over) and contain a STRONG young mobile QB that WILL run over Lee at some point in the game?
  • Increased reps for McGuire as Powell's backup and how does he handle blocking
  • Lawrence Thomas as FB - a 6'3" 285 lbs. running back = SCARY Goal Line package. 
  • Injuries to CBs J. Burris and D. Roberts affects our CB depth where Marcus Williams may be NB or CB#2:unsure:
  • More sightings of ArDarius Stewart in the reception area, and Chad Hansen and Leggett sighting and getting snaps while occupying the safeties along the slot. 

Jets always make games in Cleveland a nail biter, so it should be entertaining. 

 

GO JETS!

airplane-takeoff-o.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for nothing but I think we win convincingly.  I've seen a team, for the most part, come out and play hard and I might even go as far as saying they're well managed aside from a few miscalls which even the great coaches do every now and then.  With that said, I think the Jets come out and take care of the Browns in Cleveland while showing progression across the board.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Not for nothing but I think we win convincingly.  I've seen a team, for the most part, come out and play hard and I might even go as far as saying they're well managed aside from a few miscalls which even the great coaches do every now and then.  With that said, I think the Jets come out and take care of the Browns in Cleveland while showing progression across the board.  

Yup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I was wondering if it's OK to hope Myles Garrett comes off the edge and injures McCown's left shoulder or something?

As long as the net result is the Jets wining this game it's well within the parameters of the game thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Is there a night-before injury report out yet?

Cimini posted this yesterday.  Sorry about the small print.

Out: Roberts, Ealy, Martin & Forte

Questionable: Wilkerson & Burris

 

4353b230-20a9-46ed-83e1-fe5fb337d93e.png

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cimini posted this yesterday.  Sorry about the small print.

Out: Roberts, Ealy, Martin & Forte

Questionable: Wilkerson & Burris

 

4353b230-20a9-46ed-83e1-fe5fb337d93e.png

Thank you.  Good to see Leggett off of there.  Hopefully they actually give him a shot today.  The Browns are not very good at stopping TEs this year, would be a nice team to get him involved against.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Thank you.  Good to see Leggett off of there.  Hopefully they actually give him a shot today.  The Browns are not very good at stopping TEs this year, would be a nice team to get him involved against.

Yup.  I agree on Leggett -- doubt he will get many reps today, but I hope he at least gets on the field a bit.  Also hoping to see them work Stewart into the offense a bit more - the guy has looked good, albeit with limited opportunities.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we win we'll be 3-2. And after next week we'll be 3-3. Don't count Cleveland out they're a very hungry team. And like many young teams they don't know how to win and don't expect to lose. Like the Jets they work hard in practice and probably think they're a good team and they do have a lot of talent. If the Jets don't give 100% that's an L. Any win in the NFL a team has to be mentally ready. I mean NEP could lose to Cleveland if not prepared. The Browns could blow them out. But you know they are always prepared. Just hope we are. We win by 7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If we win we'll be 3-2. And after next week we'll be 3-3. Don't count Cleveland out they're a very hungry team. And like many young teams they don't know how to win and don't expect to lose. Like the Jets they work hard in practice and probably think they're a good team and they do have a lot of talent. If the Jets don't give 100% that's an L. Any win in the NFL a team has to be mentally ready. I mean NEP could lose to Cleveland if not prepared. The Browns could blow them out. But you know they are always prepared. Just hope we are. We win by 7.

I agree we need to not look past Cleveland but the way the patriots have looked recently, I’m not writing in the patriots as an automatic win in OUR house

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Really?

Havent seen them play yet, but saw a few highlights from him.

Figured he was playing pretty well

Watched a lot of CLE this week and saw him get beat quite a few times and no impact plays on defense.  Took a peek at PFF and think he’s somewhere in the 30’s.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We're bare at outside rushers. Donahue, Martin and Ealy are all out that means it's gonna be Bass and Jenkins, with higher snap counts than they're used to. Couple that with 2 of our top 4 corners being out and I don't know if we can role for 60 minutes. It'll be nice if Derrick Jones and play effectively tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...