suck for luck question

ylekram

if your team is the unfortunate team to suck so bad,you come in last place(or fortunate enough to pick first, depending how you look at it) do you

A. draft andrew luck with hopes he is the next peyton manning or

B.try and trade him for a ricky williams type deal

on the flipside, if you are a team needing a qb , do you attempt to make a trade for said qb and how much are you willing to fork over for luck.

imo,i think all college qb's look good.with that said i am far from an expert in the field.if i was the first picker,i would definetely dangle the carrot

discuss

I don't deal unless there's a QB I like better in the draft or is available as part of the trade.

Luck is supposed to be the greatest prospect in the history of the universe. Very few NFL GM's will have the balls to NOT draft him. Especially if their work so far has led them to the top pick in the draft. A regime that comes in after a house cleaning (like Miami) might, but they also need a QB badly.

Unless a team like the Rams winds up with the first pick, I'll expect him to go to the team at #1.

I don't deal unless there's a QB I like better in the draft or is available as part of the trade.

Luck is supposed to be the greatest prospect in the history of the universe. Very few NFL GM's will have the balls to NOT draft him. Especially if their work so far has led them to the top pick in the draft. A regime that comes in after a house cleaning (like Miami) might, but they also need a QB badly.

Unless a team like the Rams winds up with the first pick, I'll expect him to go to the team at #1.

Plus one. The best teams have the best QBs. Or a Ryan brother.

Peter King has it that GMs put the price on the first overall pick this year at three #1's.

I kind of wonder what the new draft charts will look like under the new CBA. For years they used that old value chart until salaries started to get so ridiculous that the high draft picks began to lose value. Now they make so little compared to before that they should skyrocket up in value. That should not be Luck specific either.

does he get to wait to declare he is coming out until after the draft order is set ?

even if he has to commit first and does, this kid is going to pull an elway if a super crappy team gets him

but hey, we all know he's going to be a colt anyway, lets just give up the dream he's a ram and they trade us bradford for cro

My dream scenario.

Dolphins finish 0-16 and land the #2 pick behind the Colts, who draft Luck.

Not that I want the Colts to have 'the next Peyton' so much, but that would be oodles of fun for us as compared to the alternative.

Schadenfreud.

BTW didnt Phil Simms say Luck aint all that? I mean really.......

Wouldnt it be even better if Miami drafted him and he is no better than Henne?

Watched him in the USC overtime game. Looked good but I wasnt exactly thinking of Elway or Manning.

if your team is the unfortunate team to suck so bad,you come in last place(or fortunate enough to pick first, depending how you look at it) do you

A. draft andrew luck with hopes he is the next peyton manning or

B.try and trade him for a ricky williams type deal

on the flipside, if you are a team needing a qb , do you attempt to make a trade for said qb and how much are you willing to fork over for luck.

imo,i think all college qb's look good.with that said i am far from an expert in the field.if i was the first picker,i would definetely dangle the carrot

discuss

IMHO....if any team is in possession of the pick, they need to draft Luck.

The Colts need him because as great as Peyton is, he is coming off three neck surgeries in the last 18 months.

The Phins...Henne.

And even teams that have an heir apparent more so the Rams & Jags than the Cardinals & Broncos, you draft Luck.

Peter King has it that GMs put the price on the first overall pick this year at three #1's. Miami should seriously consider firing Sparano and hiring Herm right now to guarantee getting that pick.

That was mean.

Funny but mean.

IMO, Luck wont go there.

Manning is coming back and I believe Luck wants to play from day one.

If the colts were smart, they'd trade Manning to a win now team like us for a huge bounty and start luck... manning will be 36 next year, and a year removed from football.. I don't know that I'd bet on him carrying that team anymore

If the colts were smart, they'd trade Manning to a win now team like us for a huge bounty and start luck... manning will be 36 next year, and a year removed from football.. I don't know that I'd bet on him carrying that team anymore

That'd be the way I'd go as well. They'd get a huge bounty and would still be able to have a Grade A QB prospect at the ready.

Manning is the OC and HC.

Caldwell would screw Luck all up.

Manning just signed a new contract with a $ 48M signing bonus. The remainder of that SB would accelerate and hit the Colts cap in 2012 if they trade him.

Then you have the issue with his salary and which teams can afford him.

Almost the top 3 if you include that they actually drafted Elway but couldn't get him signed.

Holy crap, that's right. That would mean they've been in position to draft the 3 most coveted prospects of the last 40 years..

Manning just signed a new contract with a $ 48M signing bonus. The remainder of that SB would accelerate and hit the Colts cap in 2012 if they trade him.

Good point, didn't think of that

Actually I'm pretty sure because of mannings neck they set the contract up so they can cut him after this year with no cap hit. Any other year it would be almost impossible.

Thats actually not true. Manning received a 20 million signing bonus and has an option bonus next year worth 28 million. The cap charge for cutting him or trading him before the pay date is 16 million. Last I heard they have around 110M in cap commitments for next year- 17M of which is Manning so they save a million in moving him. If they decide to go into rebuilding mode they absolutely can move him. A team receiving him only has to worry about his bonus in this upcoming year. His cap charges would be 13, 14, 15, and 16 million over the last 4 years of the deal in a trade.

Archived