Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes talk

F.Chowds

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...olmes-set-meet

INDIANAPOLIS -- Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes have talked by phone in an attempt to repair their relationship, and they're planning to meet soon for a kind of quarterback-wide receiver retreat.

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan told ESPNNewYork.com Friday that Sanchez and Holmes have discussed the possibility of taking an entire weekend to hash out their differences -- a couple's getaway, NFL style.

"I'm not sure if they're going to or not, but that's something they mentioned," Ryan said before a promotional appearance at Super Bowl XLVI. "I'm not sure where it would be or anything like that. I know they had mentioned that to me."

Ryan said he has spoken individually to Sanchez and Holmes, whose year-long rift became public at the end of the season. Asked if he planted the seed for the get-together, Ryan smiled and said, "I'm not going to take credit for that."

The Jets' locker-room discord has been one of the biggest stories of the postseason, with Sanchez and Holmes the central figures. They're on their way to repairing the fractures, according to Ryan.

"I think they're actually going to get together," he said. "Look, we were all disappointed at the way the season went. That's one thing we have in common. We also have a burning desire to win, to right the ship. The previous season, they had great chemistry. There's enough common ground to bring them back."

Ryan, who spent a few days at the Pro Bowl, said he spent a lot of time in Hawaii thinking about ways to improve the team's chemistry. He put his thoughts on paper.

"I've got 20 things I want to do differently," he said. "I went to Hawaii and I wrote down, 'Here's what went wrong, here's how we're going to fix it ... Here's how I'm going to fix it.'"

The always confident Ryan expressed optimistic about recreating team harmony.

"I know we had some bumps in the road, no question," he said. "I feel great about where I think we can go and how we can pull this team back together."

Jets owner Woody Johnson revealed Thursday that he's planning to have dinner next week with Sanchez. Also next week, the Jets have to make the final decision on Holmes' contract.

If they wanted to cut him, they'd have to do it by Wednesday, according to a clause in the five-year, $45 contract he signed last summer. If he's still on the roster by Wednesday, his guaranteed money increases from $7.75 million to $15 million.

Ryan, reiterating the team's public stance on Holmes, said there's no chance of him being released.

"That's not going to happen," he said.

Ryan said he liked the idea of Johnson breaking bread with Sanchez.

"That ought to be a good thing," he said. "It's his quarterback. That should be good."

Neither Sanchez nor Holmes has commented publicly since the season ended. Sanchez usually attends the Super Bowl to do marketing work for his sponsors, but he stayed away this time. The company line is that he wasn't required by his sponsors to be at the Super Bowl, although that produced some skepticism.

Sanchez just returned from an extended vacation. People close to him wouldn't say where he went, but he was so far out of pocket that he wasn't reachable by cell phone.

The Sanchez-Holmes relationship became a huge story at the end of the season, when it was reported that Holmes refused to attend Sanchez's quarterback-receivers meetings in the days leading up to the final regular-season game. Sources said there was friction between the two throughout the season.

This is good. Whenever Holmes thinks about freaking out next season and throwing half the team under the bus, he will remember his one-on-one couples vacation between him and Sanchize.............and not be a douche? Who is paying for this vacation? Are they going Dutch or will the jets foot the bill? As it is definitely work related. Lol

INDIANAPOLIS -- Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes have talked by phone in an attempt to repair their relationship, and they're planning to meet soon for a kind of quarterback-wide receiver retreat.

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan told ESPNNewYork.com Friday that Sanchez and Holmes have discussed the possibility of taking an entire weekend to hash out their differences -- a couple's getaway, NFL style.

The Sanchez-Holmes relationship became a huge story at the end of the season, when it was reported that Holmes refused to attend Sanchez's quarterback-receivers meetings in the days leading up to the final regular-season game. Sources said there was friction between the two throughout the season.

First ice cream socials and now couple's getaways. Can our offense get any gayer?

the SOJF orgy of self wallowing CONTINUES

NOTHING IS GOOD!!! EVERYTHING IS BAD!!!!THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

it's a good thing you're not going to be around here long .... you're intensely annoying. Please don't take that as a personal attack as it isn't. Just the truth.

Holmes: See, my whole issue was, like, you sucked and it was killing my stats and...

Sanchez: Well, I sucked because, you know, you guys were so mean to me and I...

Holmes: We wouldn't have to BE mean to you if you threw us the football and...

Dr. Phil: Whoa, whoa, whoa. OK, Mark, alright, grab a tissue. That's ok. Mark, tell us how it made you feel when Santonio said you "sucked."

it's a good thing you're not going to be around here long .... you're intensely annoying. Please don't take that as a personal attack as it isn't. Just the truth.

Glad I'm not the only one who recognizes it. It would be another thing altogether if he was at least amusing about it. Sad really.

Holmes: See, my whole issue was, like, you sucked and it was killing my stats and...

Sanchez: Well, I sucked because, you know, you guys were so mean to me and I...

Holmes: We wouldn't have to BE mean to you if you threw us the football and...

Dr. Phil: Whoa, whoa, whoa. OK, Mark, alright, grab a tissue. That's ok. Mark, tell us how it made you feel when Santonio said you "sucked."

Holmes; Seems you only look for Dustin

Sanchez: Ever see his a$$?

Holmes: ever see my Dick?

Sanchez: Hey now

Rex: No

Sanchez: Yes!!! (stomping his feet)

Rex: NO!!

Sacnhez: You suck like shotty

REX: FU tinkerbell... Santonio is NOT taking snaps at center and no way Mangold is the next Gronkowski,

Mangold (picture bombing the scene): " Hey Look Im open!"

:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes have talked by phone in an attempt to repair their relationship, and they're planning to meet soon for a kind of quarterback-wide receiver retreat....................................................

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan told ESPNNewYork.com Friday that Sanchez and Holmes have discussed the possibility of taking an entire weekend to hash out their differences -- a couple's getaway, NFL style.....................................

If this big bowl of hot steaming sh!t (that the H/C evidently thinks is just fine) doesnt tell us just how fcuked this team is, nothing will.

Holmes; Seems you only look for Dustin

Sanchez: Ever see his a$$?

Holmes: ever see my Dick?

Sanchez: Hey now

Rex: No

Sanchez: Yes!!! (stomping his feet)

Rex: NO!!

Sacnhez: You suck like shotty

REX: FU tinkerbell... Santonio is NOT taking snaps at center and no way Mangold is the next Gronkowski,

Mangold (picture bombing the scene): " Hey Look Im open!"

:

Lolol

Archived