Jonathan Stewart - What would you give up for him?

Gastineau Lives

Report: Panthers are open to trading Stewart

4650.jpg

According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.

After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."

Is it even feasible?

Report: Panthers are open to trading Stewart

4650.jpg

According to Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange, the Panthers will "definitely" listen to trade offers for Jonathan Stewart this offseason.

After signing Mike Tolbert, the Panthers quickly put out word that Stewart wasn't on the trade block, perhaps for fear of losing leverage. Per Pasquarelli, however, the Steelers could be a "sleeper" to make a run at Stewart, and "everyone" has made the Broncos the favorite to acquire the versatile, 25-year-old back. Pasquarelli does concede "there hasn't been anything serious yet."

Is it even feasible?

Tebow, and the next 10 years 1st round picks, ANY trade that exiles Tim Tebow to another team is a great deal, I am not a 50 post per day guy, but I usually come through and post a couple times a week, I'm not saying I'm leaving, but I will be pretty scarce around here until these Tebow trolls get bored, and exit, and hopefully when Tim Tebow exits.

Good thing I started a

Tebow, and the next 10 years 1st round picks, ANY trade that exiles Tim Tebow to another team is a great deal, I am not a 50 post per day guy, but I usually come through and post a couple times a week, I'm not saying I'm leaving, but I will be pretty scarce around here until these Tebow trolls get bored, and exit, and hopefully when Tim Tebow exits.

Good thing I started the only non-Tebow thread on the board at the moment.

This team can't keeping pissing away their draft picks in trades. Especially given the number of holes they've left throughout the roster that they clearly intended on addressing through the draft. Not to mention, just as was brought up in the Forte thread, giving up high picks for a RB who's gong to be looking for a big new contract and already has wear on the tires isn't exactly the wisest of plans.

3rd, he'd help the O out a sh*t ton.

But what is his contract like?

2012 - $1.3 million in base salary and potential $1.2 in incentives. So you are looking at $1.3-$2.5 million then he becomes a FA after the year is over. He just turned 25 so you could resign him but it will cost a lot I'm sure.

2012 - $1.3 million in base salary and potential $1.2 in incentives. So you are looking at $1.3-$2.5 million then he becomes a FA after the year is over. He just turned 25 so you could resign him but it will cost a lot I'm sure.

Damn, he's def worth $1.3/$2.5 but I doubt the FO could workout a contract they could afford for the next 5 years. To bad he'd be a monster on this team.

Archived