Draft Day Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Adams has first round talent, dropped do to off the field stuff, he's gonna be a heck of a player for the steelers. If we make that pick it's another clown to add to Rex's circus, but for the steelers it's a shrewd move and excellent value. Par for course.

:rl:

Dude, you're killing me tonight!

You didn't ask who had over 10 sacks. You said post their totals.

8 sacks is a lot, considering our 3-4 OLBs struggle to get to 8 sacks the past few years.

I guess if you can't prove your point, you opt for shifting the focus to a different variable.

That was my point 3-4 DE for the most part don't get a lot of sacks. We need sacks not a player that can get a good number at his spot. Would you rather have 15/20 sacks from an OLB who has a better chance of getting them of 5/10 from a 3-4 DE?

I'd rather have the OLB.

Anyway as I already said I'm done bitching about us taking a questionable lazy 3-4 DE when we have the most depth on the team on the Dline instead of taking a OLB when it was a huge need.

I have listened to some of the Jets draft bashers saying that the Jets don't know what they are doing in the draft.... In my opinion, if you are saying this, you are living in the past... for every Vernon Gholston, there has been the Dustin Keller, David Harris, and Darrell Revis. I copy and pasted a post regarding the Jets draft history from 2005 to 2009... I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but it goes to show that some of you need to give the Jets a chance with some of their picks. Tanne drafted 4 of these 5 years. Hill was a risk, but HUGE upside. List the best right tackles in the league and you will see more than 50% are drafted 4th round or later or not even drafted. That can be said of only a small portion of wide receivers. Wake up and see that maybe Tanne might know what he is doing.

Forbes magazine conducted an in-depth analysis of the NFL draft, from 2005 to 2009, and determined the Jets were the second-best drafting team in that span.

The researchers used a complex formula, but, in essence, they based the data on four variables: Percentage of games played, percentage of games started, career length and number of Pro Bowls earned. Their five most efficient teams, with their score:

1. Packers --141.3

2. Jets -- 138.9

3. Cowboys -- 128.4

4. Saints -- 126.1

5. Vikings -- 120.2

From 2005 to 2009, the Jets drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Darrelle Revis, David Harris, Dustin Keller and Mark Sanchez, among others. If it weren't for the Vernon Gholston flop in '08, you'd have to think the Jets would've finished first

Team need doesn't necessarily equate to the order you must draft positions in. Hill was a top 5 WR in this draft we can still get top 15 talent at OL in round 3. Even later we can get good value, tbh.

Fans want OL more than the team.

I love white guys who love o-line.

Randle and Sanu still sliding... Heh.

Steelers rebuilding that horrible o-line. I like both picks by them so far.

Wow those are two great picks for them. **** that's awesome for them...much improved OL with possibly a new left or right side of the OL.

:cheers:

The thing that's killing me tonight; do we have one of the ugliest fan bases, or do the cameras only key in on the most degenerate of the Jets' fans at the draft?? I swear we always come off as a bunch of mutants.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's biased. There must be attractive people galore who attend the second and third rounds of the NFL Draft.

:cheers:

The thing that's killing me tonight; do we have one of the ugliest fan bases, or do the cameras only key in on the most degenerate of the Jets' fans at the draft?? I swear we always come off as a bunch of mutants.

Did you see that a$$hole with a rubber Jets football mask with a built in mustache screaming at the camera right before we took Hill?

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's biased. There must be attractive people galore who attend the second and third rounds of the NFL Draft.

I always expect there to be a few handful of attractive people wherever there's a lot of booze. Rangers and Knicks play tomorrow, bitches should be at the draft.

Archived