Draft Day Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 receptions for 820 yards last season, Demaryius Thomas had 46 for 1154 yards his last season at GT. This is a good pick if nothing else he's a good blocker and a decoy for Holmes, but I see a lot in Hill. Good draft so far

Similar to Mike Wallace.

How well do you think "ground and pound" (this phrase gives me sh-t chills) works when you have to run against stacked boxes all the time? They have to account for him on every play now.

The kid is a great blocker and very physical. He was doing something other than catching passes most of the time, playing in that offense.

There is no better receiver in the draft physically. It's not even close. I take a chance on him learning routes in a ******* hurry.

This all day. If we drafted a RT this high and went into the season with Schilens as our #2 is basically like saying were gonna the run 40 times our of 45 Offensive plays.

Watch everyone give the Patriots and A+ for the pick and talk about how much of a genius Belicheck is. ******* hate sports analysts

I legit think you're the best of the new posters here RyAn be Tweetin. You need to be tweetin that as well.

Of course I agree..He's a misunderstood sleeper now..

Watch everyone give the Patriots and A+ for the pick and talk about how much of a genius Belicheck is. ******* hate sports analysts

of course, the only ones worse them are the message board genuises that think they know better the NFL teams with entire scouting departments

Round 3.

Safety. Taylor or Iloka.

RB. There's a bunch available.

OLB. Still some talent on the board for tweeners.

Round 6 & 7.

OL, and BPA.

Round 3.

Safety. Taylor or Iloka.

RB. There's a bunch available.

OLB. Still some talent on the board for tweeners.

Round 6 & 7.

OL, and BPA.

No RB. If Massie or Sanders slip to the 3rd. I love those picks.

Taylor I wouldnt mind at all. Big fan of him.

You need to learn something about college football. Georgia Tech runs a run first, second and third offense. He only caught 29 passes last year because he only had the ball thrown to him maybe three times a game. Its what he did with those opportunities that count and this kid averaged more than 30 yards a catch.

He's also an outstanding blocker which is perfect for the Jets who also happen to be.... wait for it... A RUN FIRST TEAM!!!!

You draft players based on potential and how they fit your system. Stephen Hill fits the Jets offense like a custom-fitted condom.

+1

He's perfect for Sparano's offense. It's been described as run, run, throw long. Hill will be a selfless blocker in the ground and pound, and the deep threat they need to keep the opposition honest. I laugh about the lack of routes he ran in college when Sparano's just going to tell him to do a head shake at the Chevy and cut towards the fire hydrant.

Please fire EVERYBODY. Dumbsh*t stupid f*cking retard idiot pick of a f*cking player who wasn't even developed enough to be a college player. ******* combine number stupid ******* stupid stupid stupid **** you Tannenbaum stupid ******* stupid **** YOU STUPID ******* PICK.

Hahaha.

I liked the pick. A lot.

I dig Hill. He, Holmes, and even Schilens will help keep the safeties back for the run game. He can run block. He'll probably break a chunk play or two that Sparano is looking to get. Plus he'll demand safety attention which will open up things for Holmes, who really struggled with the added attention he got with the switch from playing across from Edwards to playing across from Burress. So that'll help him and open up the field, because the receivers did not separate all that well last year since nobody was a threat to get loose deep. And his long-term upside is a #1 receiver. Not bad in the second round.

+1

He's perfect for Sparano's offense. It's been described as run, run, throw long. Hill will be a selfless blocker in the ground and pound, and the deep threat they need to keep the opposition honest. I laugh about the lack of routes he ran in college when Sparano's just going to tell him to do a head shake at the Chevy and cut towards the fire hydrant.

Love it. Exactly. He's a great fit. Very happy so far.

So all we need now is someone to throw the ball to Hill, someone to catch it for him, someone to motivate Coples to play hard, someone to teach Tebow how to throw a football and block on punts, and we still need to find LB's and OL with 1 3rd and 4 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds now.

Best draft eveeeeerrrrrrr.

Also for the third, hopefully Mike Adams slips due to failing the drug test. Inconsistent but super talented and I'd love him on the right side. Massie would be nice too, but that's unrealistic. Could dig Iloka or Taylor too, and if Curry falls that'd be sweet. Almost didn't mention Curry because I think it's unrealistic, but that'd be a slam dunk.

He knows how to run fast in a straight line and catch deep balls as we as run block...Already as good as Braylon...just sayin.

Yeah only he's bigger, faster and has better hands.

I dig Hill. He, Holmes, and even Schilens will help keep the safeties back for the run game. He can run block. He'll probably break a chunk play or two that Sparano is looking to get. Plus he'll demand safety attention which will open up things for Holmes, who really struggled with the added attention he got with the switch from playing across from Edwards to playing across from Burress. So that'll help him and open up the field, because the receivers did not separate all that well last year since nobody was a threat to get loose deep. And his long-term upside is a #1 receiver. Not bad in the second round.

If Schilens can stay healthy, we have 2 very fast, big WR's who can take the top off. Exactly what Sparano's offense needs. Kerley, Holmes, and Keller should have a field day if Sanchez gets his head out of his a$$.

So all we need now is someone to throw the ball to Hill, someone to catch it for him, someone to motivate Coples to play hard, someone to teach Tebow how to throw a football and block on punts, and we still need to find LB's and OL with 1 3rd and 4 picks in the 6th and 7th rounds now.

SO MANY HOOOOOLES. 0-16.

I think it's been fine, but I do find it odd that we've continued with the risk-reward guys when Tannenbaum's a$$ (at least) is likely on the line.

Same Ole Jets! We need to get back to having an elite offensive line again. Far as I can see and remember the Jets current front office including scouting department isnt very good at picking high round players especially second round players. Is Vlad starting yet? /cough /cough. As I see it we need a RT and G. Maybe we can get one of them in round 3 maybe not. But trading away draft picks as THEY ALWAYS DO, is not the way to build depth. The Jets need every pick they can get and need to utilize them wisely. Tannenbaum and Bradway should leave the war room when the Jets are on the clock. Sorry but its all won and lost in the trenches and IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT. And unless you can call our OL & DL's elite we had no business picking a wide receiver. JMHO

- Lantern

Archived