Draft Day Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not what I'm saying. i'm saying I'm over these talented guys who never produce. That'd what we have done the first two picks. Guys who hve talent but hven't done anything with it. If we want to commit to the ground and pound we take a lineman. Period.

You would rather they take guys who've already reached the ceiling of their talent?

I quote Mel Kiper - right now, I think its pretty clear that CrazyCarl doesn't know what the draft's all about.

You would rather they take guys who've already reached the ceiling of their talent?

I quote Mel Kiper - right now, I think its pretty clear that CrazyCarl doesn't know what the draft's all about.

No but I would like some guys who actually llay to their talent. Or actually make sense and fit the scheme.

This is Father F8Cking Flanagan sh*t from Rex and it's what will cost Rex his job--the thought that he can coach up anyone. And, he hasn't. He coached up Pouha. Great work. So let's pile the team up with unrefined, tempermental a-holes and let Rex pretend he's John Madden and then watch those same players cum in his mouth a la Holmes and Plaxico. F*cking moron.

And this "deep threat" sh*t is garbage. There are 50 guys on THE STREET that run 4.3/40's. You don't worry about a "deep threat" if they can't run any other patterns. Who's developing him, Sparano? DUMB F*CKING PICK. CLEAN THE F*CKING HOUSE.

This is Father F8Cking Flanagan sh*t from Rex and it's what will cost Rex his job--the thought that he can coach up anyone. And, he hasn't. He coached up Pouha. Great work. So let's pile the team up with unrefined, tempermental a-holes and let Rex pretend he's John Madden and then watch those same players cum in his mouth a la Holmes and Plaxico. F*cking moron.

OK but other than all this how do you feel about the pick.

On no planet was he the 2nd best rexeicer in the draft. 5th would be pushing it.

'

You don't draft based on college production, son. You draft on POTENTIAL.

If you based everything on college production - that fat waste of space Alshon Jeffrey would have been the first overall pick in the draft.

And this "deep threat" sh*t is garbage. There are 50 guys on THE STREET that run 4.3/40's. You don't worry about a "deep threat" if they can't run any other patterns. Who's developing him, Sparano? DUMB F*CKING PICK. CLEAN THE F*CKING HOUSE.

Now I really LOVE the pick.

You, Guns and Assmop should elope and have children together

+1

Some guys need to wake up.

I like the pick.

Agreed. Gotta love his excitement.

This is a NYG style draft. Pass rusher and WR. Both with extremely high ceilings.

Yep loving doing the Ravens/Giants "get the athletes" style drafts....'CAUSE LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING ABOUT THE ATH-ELETE...something something.

Not what I'm saying. i'm saying I'm over these talented guys who never produce. That'd what we have done the first two picks. Guys who hve talent but hven't done anything with it. If we want to commit to the ground and pound we take a lineman. Period.

How well do you think "ground and pound" (this phrase gives me sh-t chills) works when you have to run against stacked boxes all the time? They have to account for him on every play now.

The kid is a great blocker and very physical. He was doing something other than catching passes most of the time, playing in that offense.

There is no better receiver in the draft physically. It's not even close. I take a chance on him learning routes in a ******* hurry.

Well if you didn't approve of the pick as much as it seems, who would you have preferred? Hill is definitely raw, no doubt about it, but hating one pick and not offering another isn't exactly going out on a limb.

No but I would like some guys who actually llay to their talent. Or actually make sense and fit the scheme.

You need to learn something about college football. Georgia Tech runs a run first, second and third offense. He only caught 29 passes last year because he only had the ball thrown to him maybe three times a game. Its what he did with those opportunities that count and this kid averaged more than 30 yards a catch.

He's also an outstanding blocker which is perfect for the Jets who also happen to be.... wait for it... A RUN FIRST TEAM!!!!

You draft players based on potential and how they fit your system. Stephen Hill fits the Jets offense like a custom-fitted condom.

How well do you think "ground and pound" (this phrase gives me sh-t chills) works when you have to run against stacked boxes all the time?

The kid is a great blocker and very physical. He was doing something other than catching passes most of the time.

Unless he plays RT, I fail to see how this helps at all.

You need to learn something about college football. Georgia Tech runs a run first, second and third offense. He only caught 29 passes last year because he only had the ball thrown to him maybe three times a game. Its what he did with those opportunities that count and this kid averaged more than 30 yards a catch.

He's also an outstanding blocker which is perfect for the Jets who also happen to be.... wait for it... A RUN FIRST TEAM!!!!

You draft players based on potential and how they fit your system. Stephen Hill fits the Jets offense like a custom-fitted condom.

I know how football works, come on. WR in a ground a pound offense is worthless. RT is a huge black hole. Don't act like it isn't. It doesn't matter if the WR can block if the line can't hold theirs. That is football 101. Maybe you should learn it.

I know how football works, come on. WR in a ground a pound offense is worthless. RT is a huge black hole. Don't act like it isn't. It doesn't matter if the WR can block if the line can't hold theirs. That is football 101. Maybe you should learn it.

The Jets have five more picks to use on a RT! Plus there are still decent players out there in FA.

You don't need good wide receivers if you're a run first team? Who taught you football? Rich Kotite?

Giants won the SB with the worst RT in football...it's ****in RT.

Not to mention the offensive coaching hires were OL guys and a WR coach.

Archived