Yea! Joe's calling out the Jets - again!

FloridaJetsFan

Joe Namath: Jets 'more interested in headlines'

Wherever the New York Jets wandered last season, Joe Namath wasn't far behind.

The team's former star quarterback chimed in regularly -- often critically -- about a Rex Ryan-led squad that, by season's end, appeared lost at sea.

Namath was back at it Wednesday, wondering out loud about the organization's priorities.

"I'm concerned with how the Jets are trying to build a team and win a championship," Namath told NFL.com's Adam Schein on SiriusXM Blitz. "They seem more interested in the headlines."

Namath told Schein the Jets have a chance to win nine or 10 games because of a stingy defense. The Hall of Famer doesn't buy into promises about Tim Tebow and the Wildcat.

"The only reason to run the Wildcat is if your offense isn't working," Namath said.

Around the League chatted with Broadway Joe in Canton before the Hall of Fame Game earlier this month. "I really believe, going back to Day 1, it's the greatest publicity stunt the Jets could have pulled," Namath said of the Tebow trade.

Jets fans don't want to hear their only Super Bowl-winning quarterback buzzkill the season before it begins. Namath's assessment, however, is more than wild ramblings from the far reaches. He's seen what we've seen in three preseason games: a listless attack asleep at the wheel.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

That's just great ...

at least joe isn't just blowing smoke up the jets ass. the offense looks like it sucks and he's saying it. its the ****ing truth. why do we have tebow? why aren't we at least looking into getting jones drew? why didn't we address hunter when we had the chance instead of giving him a ****ing guaranteed contract? why didn't we bring in real competition for sanchez? i'll be happy if this team wins 8 games, honestly

Joe Tells it like it is what do you expect from the guy hes always been pretty honest about sh*t would you rather he be a freakin mindless homer ?

Joe start pushing for Jones Drew and make yourself even more useful if we start a media circus about Jones Drew Woody will be sure to push Tanny to make a deal.

Sanchez casts a shadow of a mouse.

When Joe N sh!ts, his turd is a better QB then Sanchez.

Its nobodys fvckin business how much he drinks as long as he aint driving.

You almost fooled me, then said that there was a bigger turd than Sanchez. Thats when I knew you were lying. Almost sir, almost.

Joe Tells it like it is what do you expect from the guy hes always been pretty honest about sh*t would you rather he be a freakin mindless homer ?

Joe start pushing for Jones Drew and make yourself even more useful if we start a media circus about Jones Drew Woody will be sure to push Tanny to make a deal.

FYI, this ---> ( . )is called a period.

Archived