" Hunter to NY fans, media : Good riddance " ~ ~ ~

kelly

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Wayne Hunter loved the Jets, but he could't wait to get away from the fans and media.

"They're like sharks," Hunter told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, commenting for the first time since he was traded last week to the Rams. "They let you know (their feelings) right off the bat. And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. It's brutal over there. Those fans, they know what they want and they pretty much demand it. So if you don't give it to them, they'll let you know."

And that was.....when, exactly? A few weeks at the end of the 2010 season?

Nowhere in the article does he say, "good riddance," but who could really blame him if he did? Instead, he comes off very classy. I have no problem wishing him well. I hope he's right that both he and Smith needed a change of scenery.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hunter to NY fans, media: Good riddance

By Rich Cimini

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Wayne Hunter loved the Jets, but he could't wait to get away from the fans and media.

"They're like sharks," Hunter told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, commenting for the first time since he was traded last week to the Rams. "They let you know (their feelings) right off the bat. And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. It's brutal over there. Those fans, they know what they want and they pretty much demand it. So if you don't give it to them, they'll let you know."

Hunter said he couldn't put into words what it was like to play in New York.

"No, I can't," he said. "There's no words to describe it. If you can handle the 'Concrete Jungle,' you can handle anywhere. I've been through it all."

Hunter welcomed the change of scenery.

"I think it's what I needed," he said. "I think it's what we both needed, from what I heard. It'll be interesting. So I wish him the best, and I'm going to make the best of this opportunity over here. We're going to fill this stadium up."

Hunter harbors no animosity toward the Jets.

"There's no chip on my shoulder. The New York Jets treated me so well," he said. "I had the best four years over

there. We had a great run with two AFC championships. I've got nothing to complain about. I love those guys, I wish 'em the best but it's time for me to move on."

Also, the title of the article is misleading:

Hunter harbors no animosity toward the Jets.

"There's no chip on my shoulder. The New York Jets treated me so well," he said. "I had the best four years over

there. We had a great run with two AFC championships. I've got nothing to complain about. I love those guys, I wish 'em the best but it's time for me to move on."

I don't see any "good riddance" type of statements in that article.

Nowhere in the article does he say, "good riddance," but who could really blame him if he did? Instead, he comes off very classy. I have no problem wishing him well. I hope he's right that both he and Smith needed a change of scenery.

Also, the title of the article is misleading:

I don't see any "good riddance" type of statements in that article.

Further proof of what a complete douchebag Cimini is.

He is right you need thick skin to play in New York we expect a lot from our teams/players

Yeah, in the absence of talent and competent play, thick skin is the next best thing. Hunter was nothing more than an overpaid turnstile with a s$it eating grin.

Awesome dude. Wish he didn't suck. He's spot on. Just speaking the truth. Wish him luck in St. Louis.

Agree 100%. Classy guy, too bad he wasn't good. And he was gracious to Austin Howard and always faced the media. I respect him for that.

Archived