The Jets got this one...

Maxman

Am I crazy for thinking that? I think the Jets got this though. West coast team playing at 1pm on the East cost. That is definitely huge for the Jets, even if the 49ers did stay in Ohio.

But if they can't stop a 53 year old Randy Moss, they have issues. Crabtree meet Cromartie. Vernon Davis, meet Laron Landry.

I know EVERYONE will pick the 49'ers. But I am saying I think the Jets fame this one.

I am with it. Alex Smith doesn't scare me. And I think our offense, if on, can put points on the board. Patrick Willis only one man.

If we walk out of this one with a W, our season could be an amazing one. People say Houston is going to be the real beatdown, the big test.. I think the Niners are scarier.

Am I crazy for thinking that? I think the Jets got this though. West coast team playing at 1pm on the East cost. That is definitely huge for the Jets, even if the 49ers did stay in Ohio.

But if they can't stop a 53 year old Randy Moss, they have issues. Crabtree meet Cromartie. Vernon Davis, meet Laron Landry.

I know EVERYONE will pick the 49'ers. But I am saying I think the Jets fame this one.

I'm with ya bro! Think we actually match up pretty well. The Jets are geeked up with the whole world doubting them without Revis. I think they win a close hard fought game.

you guys, uh...you guys see the Miami game last week? Some game.

I'll never understand when the Patriots or Ravens win ugly it's a "gritty performance" and they "grind out wins"....when the Jets do it they just suck.

Any road win in the NFL is a good win and the Jets are 2-1. They need to win at home this week and take the house money into the Monday night game.

The 49ers do not have an explosive offense. Stop the run and they basically shut down.

you guys, uh...you guys see the Miami game last week? Some game.

I thought we won.

Yes the Jets won last week. But there were only two or three J-E-T-S chants in the Jets bar I watched the game from.

Usually there's a lot more. There was a strong smell of stink last week in the Jets. If they play better (lots better) they have a chance this Sunday. There's only so much Kool-Aid I can drink!

Interesting analysis on Sanchez....maybe the WRs deserve more blame.

Found it here. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/breakfast-table-falcons-flags-revis-fallout-222011871--fantasy.html

I try to check myself with the Jets against Massey-Peabody. I felt like you did after watching them last week. But their numbers are holding up — currently seventh in their power rankings. M-P expects the game on Sunday to be a toss-up. They do not factor in injuries but rather seek to adjust rankings quickly for quarterback injuries at least. I don't think they do this for players at other positions, who are not as valuable as we expect Revis is. But the quarterbacks typically move the lines rather marginally, maybe a point or two. Hardly ever three. So I'll be surprised if the Jets are trounced by the Niners at the Meadowlands. Sanchez is having a very weird season with the 50.4% completions but with a YPA over 7.0. And he's leading the NFL in air yards on completions, too — up over three yards from last year's average (also the greatest differential; Aaron Rodgers is the negative trailer here and is averaging about half as many air yards per completion as Sanchez). I looked at the coaches tape of the game and again, he finds the open guy and generally throws good passes when they are open. They are just not open enough. Bilal Powell looks good to me, but anyone looks good compared to Greene.

We've debated this extensively via Twitter. But I do think Antonio Cromartie is much better than you do and that the Jets will keep him man-to-man as he's been and just have a safety over the top on Wilson's side. Rex Ryan can coach defense, too, so I'd be very surprised if the roof falls in. Vernon Davis terrifies me in this game but the Niners forget about him for long stretches for reasons that remain a mystery to me.

Yes the Jets won last week. But there were only two or three J-E-T-S chants in the Jets bar I watched the game from.

Usually there's a lot more. There was a strong smell of stink last week in the Jets. If they play better (lots better) they have a chance this Sunday. There's only so much Kool-Aid I can drink!

Terrible game by the Ravens barely defeating the Browns at home = Seven Nation Army chant allllllllllllllllllll game

Jets beat Dolphins on the road - fans spend the week talking about it like it was a loss.

The fans are just as much of a problem as the team. We have no homefield advantage because of this slapd*$& fanbase.

Jets beat Dolphins on the road - fans spend the week talking about it like it was a loss.

It pretty much was a loss.

The fans are just as much of a problem as the team. We have no homefield advantage because of this slapd*$& fanbase.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE I been a fan since *pick random sh*tty year that everyone else has forgotten about* and have remained loyal. Something about how I won't stand for this anymore even though I will, and maybe a little something on PSLs and Woody.

Found it here. http://sports.yahoo....1--fantasy.html

I looked at the coaches tape of the game and again, he finds the open guy and generally throws good passes when they are open. They are just not open enough.

Interesting when we have so many Sanchez detractors who swear they see our WR's running wide open all over the field anytime they are at the game.

Terrible game by the Ravens barely defeating the Browns at home = Seven Nation Army chant allllllllllllllllllll game

While I agree somewhat, I cant completely get behind what you just said. We have a right in a lot of ways to expect and wait for the negative.

We tend to hold our cheers back a hair just to be safe. That said I have been to 80% of home games in the last 10 years, I scream my head off and there is a big issue in the lower levels especially in the new stadium. I sat in the endzone for 4 games last year. In one of them there was a dude in a Jets hat who said to the guy next to him when Revis ran out " Wow it just got real loud, is that their best player" The guy looked back at him in amazement and said " dude thats Revis"

So I sometimes wish we had a better home field advantage, but yet I recognize some of the issues that prevent this.

I used to be able to sit down there in the old stadium more. Now the guy who sells off a few games wants to charge an arm and a leg to help soften the blow of a crazy PSL fee that he pays. This is the 1st year I have sat up top. In the 3 home games so far, I have not had to question that my "neighbors" werent 100% sure who #24 was.

I just cant castrate the fan base like you have. Because the guy i mentioned was not the fan base. And unfortunately in the new stadium, this is a reality. Some of the people who go to the games actually need the 4 jumbo screens to tell them to be loud on a big 3RD and 2.

I looked at the coaches tape of the game and again, he finds the open guy and generally throws good passes when they are open. They are just not open enough.

Interesting when we have so many Sanchez detractors who swear they see our WR's running wide open all over the field anytime they are at the game.

I have not seen the film. But in general while watching. I agree 100%

Max you are as positive as it gets GO JETS !!! Like I said in another Thread I can see the Jets trouncing the Niners and the Texans then losing to a team like Indy next on the sched.

Found it here. http://sports.yahoo....1--fantasy.html

Amazing,,,,,,, send it to sperms in box max :)

Very true. A win's a win. I'll take a W in any form any day. Sure is Miami a bad team? Yes, but they are a division team and aside from that, any team is capable of coming out any given Sunday and play like they're an elite team. That's why they play the game.

At the end of the day our Jets are 2-1 with two division wins. They could have easily have been 1-2, they were actually a few feet away from being 1-2, but they fought back and that's what winning teams do.

Very true. A win's a win. I'll take a W in any form any day. Sure is Miami a bad team? Yes, but they are a division team and aside from that, any team is capable of coming out any given Sunday and play like they're an elite team. That's why they play the game.

At the end of the day our Jets are 2-1 with two division wins. They could have easily have been 1-2, they were actually a few feet away from being 1-2, but they fought back and that's what winning teams do.

Very true. Good post.

I see it as low scoring and any team can win when it is low scoring. I just hope Marky Mark does not lose it for us. He is one of those QBs who can lose games. Smith is a guy who does not. Also does not win them. Neither does Mark. A coach will settle for a QB who just does not iose the game.

I like that. We can now measure the JETS success based on JETS chants in the local bar.

Hey, Count me in.

Archived