Tebow starting speculation - MERGED 3x

Gastineau Lives

Should Tebow get the start against Colts?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. start Tebow?

• Yes
    • No

While Mark Sanchez has been pretty bad over the last four weeks and Tim Tebow should at least be given a chance to help the Jets win, I'm not sure it's going to happen. There are lots of questions that are raised in starting Tebow:

• Does Rex Ryan try to save his own ass at Tannenbaum's expense by replacing, in week SIX, the guy that his GM gave one of the most unnecessary contracts in recent history?
  • Do both of them bank on the injuries to Keller, Holmes, etc. as excuses for the horrible performance of the offense? Do they risk their Jet (and football) careers that this will be the perception?
  • Does Woody exert pressure on them to start Tebow? Does the growing public sentiment that Tebow should start factor in this?

If Rex decides to stick with Sanchez and the results remain horrible, both he AND Tannenbaum are done for.

If Rex starts Tebow (and once he does, the Mark Sanchez era is over, there will be no going back) then the Mike Tannenbaum Era is over.

This is the last year of Ryan/Tannenbaum. There is no other way. Unless, of course Mark Sanchez turns into Drew Brees or Eli Manning, like he's scheduled to this year.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Rex Ryan try to save his own ass at Tannenbaum's expense by replacing, in week SIX, the guy that his GM gave one of the most unnecessary contracts in recent history?

I would be stunned if the move was made this week. I could see it happening after the New England game if the Jets are still struggling but I think Sanchez will be the starter Sunday and will the following week against the Pats.

Do both of them bank on the injuries to Keller, Holmes, etc. as excuses for the horrible performance of the offense? Do they risk their Jet (and football) careers that this will be the perception?

I can see this. We are learning that Shonn Greene is not a big time power back, they never replaced LT as a guy who can change things up and catch the ball out of the backfield, Connor has not stepped up, add the injuries to Holmes, Keller, and Stephen Hill and I can totally see this.

Does Woody exert pressure on them to start Tebow? Does the growing public sentiment that Tebow should start factor in this?

Absolutely especially if they get bombed in New England. As far as the public sentiment goes; if the Jets make this move to appease the fan base and the media then they are totally lost as a franchise.

Does Rex Ryan try to save his own ass at Tannenbaum's expense by replacing, in week SIX, the guy that his GM gave one of the most unnecessary contracts in recent history?

I would be stunned if the move was made this week. I could see it happening after the New England game if the Jets are still struggling but I think Sanchez will be the starter Sunday and will the following week against the Pats.

Do both of them bank on the injuries to Keller, Holmes, etc. as excuses for the horrible performance of the offense? Do they risk their Jet (and football) careers that this will be the perception?

I can see this. We are learning that Shonn Greene is not a big time power back, they never replaced LT as a guy who can change things up and catch the ball out of the backfield, Connor has not stepped up, add the injuries to Holmes, Keller, and Stephen Hill and I can totally see this.

Does Woody exert pressure on them to start Tebow? Does the growing public sentiment that Tebow should start factor in this?

Absolutely especially if they get bombed in New England. As far as the public sentiment goes; if the Jets make this move to appease the fan base and the media then they are totally lost as a franchise.

The thing I worry about is trying to justify a horrible contract.

Well, hats off to the FO. Gotta hand it to those guys, they knew what they were doing. They must've figured Sanchez was gonna fold like this. I didnt think it would be this easy and that it might get ugly. That's why I was critical, but this was nice and clean. It only took 5 weeks and costed us 3 losses. we're still 2-0 in div. I'd say it's small victory in fact.

No drawn out controversy. So, we cut out the tumor. Insert Tebow now while the schedule softens up and take everyone by surprise. I know the defense will definitely be excited to get a little rest now. lol

This wouldn't have been possible with Brunnell or that Drew Henson kid. Imagine that sh*t. we would've HAD to stick with him like the last two years! Like rex said: we had an advantage "having TWO QBs who won playoff games" hell yeah. Not many teams can just yank one QB and replace him another quality guy! Nice Tanny!

So looking at the schedule we should rattle off a bunch of wins here. Finally Shonn Greene doesnt have to face a stacked box all day. And the receivers can get some balls to catch. They'll be happy. I know everyone wants to be a good team mate, but it's gonna be like when Dantoni got fired. You WILL see a new revived Jets team from here out Believe it.

BUT WITH THAT SAID; I still have one problem and John Gruden nailed it. I think we may need a little something out of our D-line, maybe a little pressure here and there and it would be cool if they weren't exhausted by the fourth. True having Tebow under center will help, but they look pathetic. And when I think that we are already 9 mil under the cap, heavily injured, and we used our last two #1 picks and a high 2 getting these guys, specifically to enhance our pass rush....and then I see ZERO pass rush....it is a bit troubling.

I know it's like being cured of cancer and bitching you still have a runny nose, but whatta you think? Shouldn't we expect at least one sack from these three investments?

What are you smoking? Sanchez is still the starting quarterback and if I had to bet i would say that he will be the starter the entire season. I don't see Rex changing him. The more games the Jets lose the more likely that Rex is to hunker down and be conservative with his decision making. With each loss he will feel the need to be acceptable to other owners not just the Jets.

The thing I worry about is trying to justify a horrible contract.

Matt Flynn is sitting on a huge paycheck and his back up is playing..

I think Rex is going to toe the "I just wanna win" line, and try not to have to make a *either , or * decision on QB...(FAIL).

The problem is I think if you won't make a decision, you already have..

If Rex decides to stick with Sanchez and the results remain horrible, both he AND Tannenbaum are done for."

This is the last year of Ryan/Tannenbaum. There is no other way. Unless, of course Mark Sanchez turns into Drew Brees or Eli Manning, like he's scheduled to this year.

I come to a different conclusion. My thought is Rex will stick with Sanchez precisley because of that. If the end is near he will essentiallty be auditioning for other teams. This will cause him to be less of a risk taker in his decision making. He will blame the mediocre seasons on sub-par talent, in fact, he will probably play that up. "Look what I accomplished without my best defensive pl;ayer and best receiver." Rex is in a different situation than John Fox was in Denver.

The quarterback decision will be less about Sanchez and Tebow and more about Rex looking out for his future.

What are you smoking? Sanchez is still the starting quarterback and if I had to bet i would say that he will be the starter the entire season. I don't see Rex changing him. The more games the Jets lose the more likely that Rex is to hunker down and be conservative with his decision making. With each loss he will feel the need to be acceptable to other owners not just the Jets.

Naw, I see him folding when we start losing more. Notice how they were putting in Tebow more than usual. They did that to please the fans calling for him. The more we lose, the more Rex is going to start folding. Rex has a pretty stable job in NY. Don't really see Woody firing anybody for at least a couple of more years.

Naw, I see him folding when we start losing more. Notice how they were putting in Tebow more than usual. They did that to please the fans calling for him. The more we lose, the more Rex is going to start folding. Rex has a pretty stable job in NY. Don't really see Woody firing anybody for at least a couple of more years.

I disagree. Fact is, our offense wasn't doing anything. Tebow is a Rudy. In my opinion, he should play in every game at least as much as he played last game. They could still use him better but last night's a start.

I come to a different conclusion. My thought is Rex will stick with Sanchez precisley because of that. If the end is near he will essentiallty be auditioning for other teams. This will cause him to be less of a risk taker in his decision making. He will blame the mediocre seasons on sub-par talent, in fact, he will probably play that up. "Look what I accomplished without my best defensive pl;ayer and best receiver." Rex is in a different situation than John Fox was in Denver.

The quarterback decision will be less about Sanchez and Tebow and more about Rex looking out for his future.

If the status quo remains and Rex does nothing to try to improve it - he's a goner. He's not getting another job - not with that mouth and a team that sh*t the bed while he sat idly by.

I'm sure Rex's plan is to re-access the QB situation at the bye, but if the Jets fall to 2-4, and lose to the rebuilding Colts, is that the final straw Tebow needs?

I think it would be a death blow to Sanchez, and Rex would act.

But winning may only delay the inevitable....

BD

I'm sure Rex's plan is to re-access the QB situation at the bye, but if the Jets fall to 2-4, and lose to the rebuilding Colts, is that the final straw Tebow needs?

I think it would be a death blow to Sanchez, and Rex would act.

But winning may only delay the inevitable....

BD

It depends on how he performs.

If he performs reasonably well and the team loses then there will be no change.

If he performs awfully and by some miracle the team still wins, well then there will be no change.

If he performs awfully and the team loses Sanchez might be close to curtains.

The thing Sanchez has going for him is there is no real backup QB other than McElroy. Rex knows that and so does the offensive coaching staff. They get to watch Tebow everyday in practice and i doubt they are satisfied with his ability to throw like an NFL QB.

The thing against Sanchez is Woody seems to have want Tebow to play.

If we lose to the colts and are 2-4 with the pats on double deck then does it really matter who starts? Could start the pope, rodgers, tebow, Montana ect. It matters not because the only way we beat brady in the ne game, is if we also had brady. Cloning perfected yet? Im sure im not the only or 1st or last to say this. But if Sunday isn't a MUST win, then I have no clue what is.

If we lose to the colts and are 2-4 with the pats on double deck then does it really matter who starts? Could start the pope, rodgers, tebow, Montana ect. It matters not because the only way we beat brady in the ne game, is if we also had brady. Cloning perfected yet? Im sure im not the only or 1st or last to say this. But if Sunday isn't a MUST win, then I have no clue what is.

McElroy is our Tom Brady. Give Greggy the dam ball

Archived