SF now has following picks:

Rd 1 =  #30
Rd 2 =  #34 (from KC), #62
Rd 3 =  #77, #94, #98
Rd 4 =  #130
Rd 5 =  #159, #162
Rd 6 =  #179
Rd 7 =  #217, #226, #230, #232

What would be considered fair compensation IF we traded Revis. Lets not make this a 'dont trade Revis' thread. Conjecture thread, If SF traded for Revis what would y'all consider fair from picks above? 

(Positive Factors)

Revis was drafted #14 overall. 

However, we traded up to get Revis.  We moved from our first round pick #25, and tossed in a second round pick #59, and a fifth round pick #164 to get him.  Since then we have spent 6 years developing him and coaching him into the pro-bowl CB that he is.  

He is arguably the best CB in the league, and can effectively take away the competition's #1 receiving threat. 

Based on this alone, his value has increased.  That means we should get MORE than a 1st, 2nd, and 5th. 

----------------------------------------------------

However, Revis isn't that wide-eyed rookie anymore.  His talent has become his/our Achilles heel. 

(Negative factors):

1. Now that he's Amaaaazing.  He wants more money than Wall Street. 

2. He has injured his ACL, and nobody knows where he's at in his recovery (facing competition on the field, anyway). 

3. He's at the tail-end of his contract, and teams know we can only afford him for another year. This means we have little-medium leverage.  

4. Revis still gets a say (kinda) as to where he goes, language in his contract allow him to agree to his next contract before being traded. This means the team we trade him to will have to accommodate his contract demands. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

That being said, this league likes to look at other deals to make comparative decisions; value is fluid.  The fact that Alex Smith just garnered 2-2nd round picks (if he meets playing criteria), means we can get AT LEAST that. I'd be happy with their #1 this year, the KC #2 pick this year, and a conditional pick next year.  

I'd take a whole mess of mid-rounders from this draft and snag SF's 1st rounder next season.

Let's the Niners unload a bunch of picks they won't need from this year, and gets us a 1st in a better QB year.

I'd do:

# 34

# 94

# 98

# 159

SF 1st rounder

Or something like that.

Why would I want SF's #32 pick in 2014? How's that help the Jets land a QB? What QB am I landing with that pick? Hell, what 2014 QB am I looking forward to?

Packaging our 1st and SF's 1st is a possibility, no?

I mean, for a Franchise QB.

SF now has following picks:

Rd 1 =  #30
Rd 2 =  #34 (from KC), #62
Rd 3 =  #77, #94, #98
Rd 4 =  #130
Rd 5 =  #159, #162
Rd 6 =  #179
Rd 7 =  #217, #226, #230, #232

What would be considered fair compensation IF we traded Revis. Lets not make this a 'dont trade Revis' thread. Conjecture thread, If SF traded for Revis what would y'all consider fair from picks above? 

Where's Ditka when you really need him?  I agree, push picks to 2014.

Blows for QBs but with extra picks this year the Jets could, in theory, find a starting OLB, OG, TE, WR and more.

This draft is fairly weak all around. I'm already thinking next season anyway. I'm even sold at this point on going Dion Jordan at 9 who probably needs a year to pack on weight cause I don't care about 2013. I'm hoping it's the year Vlad gets Sanchez turned into the worlds most expensive vegetable.

This draft is fairly weak all around. I'm already thinking next season anyway. I'm even sold at this point on going Dion Jordan at 9 who probably needs a year to pack on weight cause I don't care about 2013. I'm hoping it's the year Vlad gets Sanchez turned into the worlds most expensive vegetable.

Classy.

I don't know that you are going to get the kind of hall everyone on here is asking for.  The guy had ACL surgery and expects to be paid like the best in the league and everyone knows we have to get rid of him.  I am thinking KC's second rounder in this draft and the lower of the two seconds next year is what we would be looking at.

Why would I want SF's #32 pick in 2014? How's that help the Jets land a QB? What QB am I landing with that pick? Hell, what 2014 QB am I looking forward to? 

I don't think it's a given that the Revis trade directly equates to a QB being acquired. It may be an indirect relationship.

For instance, maybe we trade Revis, and end up with extra picks in rounds 1-3 this year, as well as a condition 2014 pick that can escalate to a 1st rounder.

In acquiring all of those picks, it may free us up to trade a 3rd to say Seattle for Matt Flynn. We go into this year with Flynn and Sanchez. Regardless of how they perform, we use the ammunition we have in 2014 to land one of the two major QB prospects for the future of the franchise. 

Meanwhile, we have an interim QB situation, and we have extra picks this year to address the many areas of need on this roster... and who knows, we could end up with multiple QB options, giving us long-term wealth at that position to trade away for future draft picks and ongoing roster development, which in theory, helps sustain improvement and competitiveness. Would be amazing to find a RB, WR, OLB and shore up some other positions, while also ending up with say Flynn and Bridgewater for 2014 and beyond. Flynn was at one point a highly sought WCO QB, and could represent a great investment for us.

Just spit-balling... 

Just wondering why we'd want Manningham tacked on there?  He is coming off a pretty severe knee injury late in the year.  His deal is reasonable, but he is only signed through the end of this year.  He is also historically dumb.  Like 6 on the Wonderlic dumb.  (Barely) functional illiterate level.  I don't know much about Mornhinweg's system, but I'd assume with all those option routes you need some degree of brain. He'd have been a better fit for the Sparano run, stupid, run offense.

Just wondering why we'd want Manningham tacked on there?  He is coming off a pretty severe knee injury late in the year.  His deal is reasonable, but he is only signed through the end of this year.  He is also historically dumb.  Like 6 on the Wonderlic dumb.  (Barely) functional illiterate level.  I don't know much about Mornhinweg's system, but I'd assume with all those option routes you need some degree of brain. He'd have been a better fit for the Sparano run, stupid, run offense.

lol... run, stupid, run

Archived