Chris Ivory info from Saints Fan

DiehardSaints

Hi there, diehard Saints fan here. I come in peace. I don't normally do this but in this case I did want to come share some information.

Chris Ivory is a beast! Many of us down here are very upset about losing him. The trade makes sense, we just wish we could have traded Mark Ingram instead of Ivory but no one would give us anything for Ingram.

Look, I know all the knocks on him:

1. He can't stay healthy

2. He can't be an every down back

3. He can't catch the ball out of the backfield

All BS. Ivory has been in a crowded backfield and has been begging for more carries. Honestly, he deserves more carries. He outperformed Ingram with the carries he was given.

People will say, "running backs aren't valued in this league. he wasn't worth the trade".

In the case of Chris Ivory, I disagree. The Saints had 2 game changers in the backfield. One was Darren Sproles and the other was Chris Ivory. The man has something that most running backs don't have. He's not your average back. 

Ok, why do I say this?

Ivory runs angry. His nickname in New Orleans was "The Tusk". He had the strength to run over people, the moves to make them miss and the speed to take it the distance. If Ivory can stay healthy, he can be an All Pro.

He's also got an enormous chip on his shoulder. He is dying to prove that he is a star. The difference between him and most other prospects is that he can back it up.

My argument on the Saints boards was that when you find a playmaker like Ivory, you don't give him up. They are too hard to find. I know we were in desperate need for picks and maybe it was the best thing for us. I know the 4th round pick we received for Ivory and used to trade up into the 3rd to get Jenkins from Georgia better pay off.

The reason I'm here telling you this is that I'm sure many of you don't think you got much in Ivory. I'm here to just ask to give the man a chance before you judge him. He's going to be one of your favorite players next year. I hate to lose him but I'm happy for him. He deserves his shot.

Here are a few highlights:

ivory-td-11-11-12.gif

He runs angry and mows people down:

trucked.gif

Yes he can catch the ball out of the backfield:

Chris_Ivory_TD.gif

You have your starting running back now. I promise!

Appreciate the info...excited to see Ivory get starter carries.

Ingram being a first round pick I guess forced the Saints hand.

Yea, we had more invested in Ingram. Personally I wanted to keep Ivory, sign him to a long term deal later this year and release Pierre Thomas who is getting a little old. I would have figured out a way to keep Ivory. He's special.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on yall and rooting for him.

He'll definitely have a big day against us when we play this year.

My argument on the Saints boards was that when you find a playmaker like Ivory, you don't give him up....no matter what. They are too hard to find. 

Thanks for the input. Let me ask you, what do you think about the Jets trading Revis to Tampa? 

Thanks for the input. Let me ask you, what do you think about the Jets trading Revis to Tampa? 

Well, I'm not thrilled about it since Tampa is in our division. I'd rather not face him twice a year, but our biggest mis-match is in the middle of the field with Jimmy Graham so we can deal with it...I'd just prefer not to.

As far as the trade from the Jet's perspective...it sounded like your owner was not going to go through another contract negotiation with Revis. Honestly, I understand it. It was like a dark cloud hanging over the organization...you know that contract was coming and it was going to be an enormous headache.

Revis went to Tamp who had TONS of cap space and the amount of money they shelled out to 1 CB is just crazy. So, he got a crazy payday and the Jets avoided a big headache especially with him coming off an injury. Ideally, you don't want to trade your playmakers but Revis wanted QB money. You have to draw the line somewhere. 16 Mil/yr for a CB is insane.

But you got your CB in the draft. Milliner is solid. As a diehard LSU fan, I've had to watch him. I think the Jets got the best out of that situation that they could.

I've read several Saints fans comments following articles about Ivory.  They all seem to have the same theme as Diehards.

Think we got a very good player here

One of the measurements I use to know if we made a good trade or a good acquisition is to see the reactions of the player's previous fan base. If they are really upset about losing the player, you know you've got a good one. If they are happy about it, you know you're in trouble.

When we signed Keenan Lewis CB Pittsburgh this year, the Pitt fans were livid! They were extremely mad at their front office for not resigning him. I really hadn't heard much about him before we signed him but judging from their reaction, I knew we had gotten a great player!

Thanks! Yall are always welcome down here for a good time! All the Jet fans I have met have been great.

I'll be in NOLA next week!  Great place; can't wait!

I really like the Ivory trade.  His explosiveness is something we have not had in a very long time.

Cool stuff, thanks Saints fan. Now please, stop the "Who dat" nonsense.

Sincerely,

The rest of America

Ha ha!!! Well it's one of those things that's just part of the culture. Ya know how people up there say "you's"....it would be like telling yall to stop staying that. It aint gonna happen!

Thanks! The best comparison to Ivory is Marshawn Lynch.

ive made this comparison and i believe it to be true from what ive seen thus far and remember marshawn wasnt all that great w/buffalo and had some nagging injuries as well.

Hi there, diehard Saints fan here. I come in peace. I don't normally do this but in this case I did want to come share some information.

Chris Ivory is a beast! Many of us down here are very upset about losing him. The trade makes sense, we just wish we could have traded Mark Ingram instead of Ivory but no one would give us anything for Ingram.

Look, I know all the knocks on him:

1. He can't stay healthy

2. He can't be an every down back

3. He can't catch the ball out of the backfield

All BS. Ivory has been in a crowded backfield and has been begging for more carries. Honestly, he deserves more carries. He outperformed Ingram with the carries he was given.

People will say, "running backs aren't valued in this league. he wasn't worth the trade".

In the case of Chris Ivory, I disagree. The Saints had 2 game changers in the backfield. One was Darren Sproles and the other was Chris Ivory. The man has something that most running backs don't have. He's not your average back. 

Ok, why do I say this?

Ivory runs angry. His nickname in New Orleans was "The Tusk". He had the strength to run over people, the moves to make them miss and the speed to take it the distance. If Ivory can stay healthy, he can be an All Pro.

He's also got an enormous chip on his shoulder. He is dying to prove that he is a star. The difference between him and most other prospects is that he can back it up.

My argument on the Saints boards was that when you find a playmaker like Ivory, you don't give him up....no matter what. They are too hard to find. I know we were in desperate need for picks and maybe it was the best thing for us. I know the 4th round pick we received for Ivory and used to trade up into the 3rd to get Jenkins from Georgia better pay off.

The reason I'm here telling you this is that I'm sure many of you don't think you got much in Ivory. I'm here to just ask to give the man a chance before you judge him. He's going to be one of your favorite players next year. I hate to lose him but I'm happy for him. He deserves his shot.

Here are a few highlights:

ivory-td-11-11-12.gif

He runs angry and mows people down:

trucked.gif

Yes he can catch the ball out of the backfield:

Chris_Ivory_TD.gif

You have your starting running back now. I promise!

You're preaching to the converted as far as I'm concerned.

Ivory is like a bigger more jacked Leon Washington prior to his injury IMO...the quikness, the moves, but just more muscle n size so he has the ability to knock people over when he has to. Very impressed when I saw him step in for Sproles that game last year.   

Archived