Geno Smith: Our Starter

Lizard King

In this case, it would help if you stopped patting yourself on the back about a position you bailed on the moment it not longer fit your agenda, which we've already previously established that you absolutely did.  I doubt anyone would feel the need to point out how perpetually wrong you were if you weren't so notorious for not only refusing to acknowledge every argument that disproves you, but then completely changing the opposing argument being made by others with a combination of chopped up quotes and complete fabrications (that is, when you don't opt to instead completely change the argument all together).

im going to have to take that paragraph to a lawyer and get it translated.

Bottom line you aren't Judge Judy, get a friggin life dude. It's not your duty to point out when you think people are being inconsistent to a statement they made months, years etc before. It's not inconsistency it's evolution. Im supposed to have the same opinions now than I did 10 years ago? why? because you said so ?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line you aren't Judge Judy, get a friggin life dude. It's not your duty to point out when you think people are being inconsistent to a statement they made months, years etc before. It's not inconsistency it's evolution. Im supposed to have the same opinions now than I did 10 years ago? why? because you said so ?

Haha.  I totally picture BG like Judge Judy.

Well done.

Actually, it's because you said so.  You're the one who just finished whining about how nobody is praising you (except for yourself, which you are doing repeatedly) for your prior evaluations of Vlad.  My response was simply pointing to the fact that your recent position was completely contradictory to the one that you wanted everyone to be celebrating you for.  Once again, as you so often do, you're changing the argument because you lost the last one, and contradicting yourself in the process.

I love when BG gets his panties all in a bunch..

BG do that thing where you scold me for flip floping and not acknowledging when I'm wrong.  Then add that cherry on top where you make a crude reference to what you think I want to do to Mark Sanchez.

It lets me know football is here.

Here's a statement to get you started:

Well hopefully Geno is paying attention to what Mark has been trying to teach him.  He'd do well to heed the advice of someone who has had remarkable playoff success.

I love when BG gets his panties all in a bunch..

BG do that thing where you scold me for flip floping and not acknowledging when I'm wrong.  Then add that cherry on top where you make a crude reference to what you think I want to do to Mark Sanchez.

It lets me know football is here.

Judge Judy, lmfao

i agree with that, if he doesn't get ruined week 2 at NE on national TV. 

Highly doubt he will be ruined by an ass kicking, didn't you see him in college? When his team broke off that winning streak and started losing, some games by a huge margin, he was fine. He was still putting up stats and even had some big games in between the losing streaks. Geno's raw, but he has potential, who knows what will happen against the bucs. I'm hoping he turns it on and shows the media that's been crapping on the Jets and him are dead wrong.

is this a pro Smith post? that statement can cut either way. We have yet to see Geno play like Mark did last year against the Bills openng day. I know it's buttfumble season and everything but the guy had his moments. 

Mark Sanchez getting cred for beating the Bills is kinda like getting 200 points for spelling your name right on the SAT's

Yeah, kinda. I said a guy with his background needed time to develop. Born in Haiti, moved to USA when he's 14, never played football growing up, it takes time. During the years I said his run blocking was good and hes actually playing well in spurts. It's all there in the archive, look it up. Dont be a hypocrite. Don't Crit-out.

Vlad won't last four games as the starter. He's keeping the seat warm for Winters.

Yeah, kinda. I said a guy with his background needed time to develop. Born in Haiti, moved to USA when he's 14, never played football growing up, it takes time. During the years I said his run blocking was good and hes actually playing well in spurts. It's all there in the archive, look it up.  Dont be a hypocrite. Don't Crit-out.

Literally, EVERYONE said that about him when we first drafted him.

Highly doubt he will be ruined by an ass kicking, didn't you see him in college? When his team broke off that winning streak and started losing, some games by a huge margin, he was fine. He was still putting up stats and even had some big games in between the losing streaks. Geno's raw, but he has potential, who knows what will happen against the bucs. I'm hoping he turns it on and shows the media that's been crapping on the Jets and him are dead wrong.

I wouldn't say he was fine. He went from the Heisman favorite and first pick in the draft to a guy who couldn't win games and a guy  lucky to be taken in the second round of the draft.     He might still have his ego and arrogance, but I wouldn't say he was that great of a QB as the season and losses started piling up.   So who knows what will happen if he gets beat down by the Bucs and Pats and the media and fans start wondering about his future.    far better QBs have fallen over the years.

I hope he does well, but who knows.  So far he is a guy who couldn't even beat out Sanchez for the starting job.  And it's not like Sanchez was having a great preseason.

I wonder

I wonder if smith is "this weeks starter"   because.........

they are giving quinn a chance to compete for the starting job ?

if sanchez was the starter, you announce that he's the starter, but he's hurt, so when he's healthy he gets his job back

if geno was the starter, there would be no "this week" tag

it really is about the only explanation

I wanted Sanchez to start the season.  But I was ready to support Geno 100% and now I'm happy he's the guy.  He made a number of typical 'rookie' mistakes but he pushed through and the team caught enough breaks to win (barely) so no harm done.  Hopefully he builds on this, makes smarter decisions every week, and develops into a guy we're all thrilled to see wearing the Jets uniform.

Great game!

I was struck by his presence.  Aside from the pick, I never got the sense that he was lost or even a little over his head.  He actually made plays with his arm, feet and brain -- how long since we've seen that?

Well lets not get crazy..  he gifted Tampa 7 pts otherwise it wouldn't have been that close.

That said there are a lot of things to be optimistic about.

Well lets not get crazy..  he gifted Tampa 7 pts otherwise it wouldn't have been that close.

That said there are a lot of things to be optimistic about.

The game just didn't seem too fast for him.  That's what I meant by "presence".  He kept his head.  And imagonna get as crazy as I damn well please.

The game just didn't seem too fast for him.  That's what I meant by "presence".  He kept his head.  And imagonna get as crazy as I damn well please.

I just don't want you to set your expectations too high.

But I agree..  he was cool under pressure, limited the mistakes, and I actually cheered when he threw the ball away a couple times. 

This could be good.

But I agree..  he was cool under pressure, limited the mistakes, and I actually cheered when he threw the ball away a couple times. 

This could be good.

Honestly?  I cheered more for the times he threw the ball away than the completions.  Defense is solid.  We need good decision making at QB. Today for the most part we got it. 

This could be good.

If I do not set my expectations too high, how will I be emotionally crushed down the road?

Archived