Beat the Pats, and we shut the world up

Matt39

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if not, it's not the end of the world. Short week, in their place, Geno's first away game, less time for him to prepare (he was probably prepping for TB ever since the Giants pre season game) we shouldn't get too down if we lose handily. With that said, I expect us to be competitive and for the game to be in doubt going into the 4th quarter.

If the offense can maintain time of possession and score points the defense will do fine,but cant keep them on the field all night defending Tom Brady.

We beat New England Thursday night!

The Jets HAVE to get A gap pressure all game, trying to bring pressure any other way to Brady will get us run out the building, have to get in Brady's face ASAP, coming off the corners is the fast track to being down 28-0!

Pats barely won today. They are beatable. 

you know I said the same thing at first but then i realized that the Pats know it too. They will make the adjustments that are needed. I think our defense is way better than the Bills but thats not gonna be the problem. The offense has to keep progressing for this to work.

The Pats have no one on offense

They have Brady. It doesn't really matter.

I look forward to this game though. It's a free shot at them with a ton of motivation on our side to shut everyone up, there's no real pressure going into this game with a rookie QB. It would be an incredible upset.

I hope we open it up a bit with Geno. Manuel had some success today so there's no reason Geno can't. They're generally pretty poor against the pass.

If we keep it close I think we'll win, although I said that last season too. 

They have Brady. It doesn't really matter.

I look forward to this game though. It's a free shot at them with a ton of motivation on our side to shut everyone up, there's no real pressure going into this game with a rookie QB. It would be an incredible upset.

I hope we open it up a bit with Geno. Manuel had some success today so there's no reason Geno can't. They're generally pretty poor against the pass.

If we keep it close I think we'll win, although I said that last season too. 

Open it up? We threw on every down today.

you know I said the same thing at first but then i realized that the Pats know it too. They will make the adjustments that are needed. I think our defense is way better than the Bills but thats not gonna be the problem. The offense has to keep progressing for this to work.

They can try to get better, but the lack of talent limits them. If our offense can be more productive than they were today, and our D shows up again.. I think we have a real shot.

They can try to get better, but the lack of talent limits them. If our offense can be more productive than they were today, and our D shows up again.. I think we have a real shot.

I don't really have that much hope for this offense.   I hope Geno improves, but the WRs on this team suck.   The RBs aren't any good and thats what we have.  It's really been the same kind of team for years.  They win games 17-14.    They don't play so well when a team scores 28.    Except now the offense has even less weapons.  

I think the Bucs offense and Freeman suck, but you saw WRs getting open more often than not.   The Jets receivers seem to give up or can't ever get open. And this has been the case for years now.   And don't give me the Hill crap. Hill sucks.

I don't really have that much hope for this offense.   I hope Geno improves, but the WRs on this team suck.   The RBs aren't any good and thats what we have.  It's really been the same kind of team for years.  They win games 17-14.    They don't play so well when a team scores 28.    Except now the offense has even less weapons.  

I think the Bucs offense and Freeman suck, but you saw WRs getting open more often than not.   The Jets receivers seem to give up or can't ever get open. And this has been the case for years now.   And don't give me the Hill crap. Hill sucks.

Jeez give it a chance.  Having a real QB can change everything.  Our old QB turned the ball over 89 times in a 4-year period.  Our receivers and RB's suffered as a result.  We don't know yet if Ivory can play.  Patience.

Jeez give it a chance.  Having a real QB can change everything.  Our old QB turned the ball over 89 times in a 4-year period.  Our receivers and RB's suffered as a result.  We don't know yet if Ivory can play.  Patience.

I saw a rookie QB who did ok today. .He gives me hope.  I didn't see anything from the rest of that offense that warrants they will get better.  They are what they are and nothing more.  They are team that will have to win games like they did today.   If Brady and the Pats put up 31 points next week, this team has no chance.  And that's the way it is. And Ivory has been a nothing his entire football career.. Only good thing that came out of today for him was he didn't get injured.

I saw a rookie QB who did ok today. .He gives me hope.  I didn't see anything from the rest of that offense that warrants they will get better.  They are what they are and nothing more.  They are team that will have to win games like they did today.   If Brady and the Pats put up 31 points next week, this team has no chance.  And that's the way it is. And Ivory has been a nothing his entire football career.. Only good thing that came out of today for him was he didn't get injured.

Well then we'll just have to hold them under 30!  Its not too outlandish to think we can't.

Rex didnt come here to kiss Belichicks feet.

CLEVER

Jesus Christ, Not sure how you think our WR's have looked bad. Hill looks to have developed some, two very nice catches today, catches he doesn't make last season. Kerley is very good and Holmes will contribute more throughout the season. Also Winslow looks like he's still got some left in the tank, which doesn't shock me. I thought he'd be a decent pickup and he looks it. We did have some guys open throughout that game, not sure what you're talking about there. Also hard to judge the RB's from that game. Powell was pretty solid and Ivory never really had a chance, the Bucs probably have the best run D in the league, that was never going to be a huge game for the backs.

wahh our receivers suck wahh we have a rookie qb wahh Tom Brady wahh no running game

Just stop, we win our first game and all people wanna do is complain about how we're gonna lose Thursday. News Flash, our team is young, talented and hungry, nobody expected this team to do ANYTHING this year we were dead last in the power rankings. The bucs had the number 1 run defense last year, it was on display today, I fully expect us to walk out of Foxboro with a W, was today an ugly win? Yes, but every game our team is only gonna get better, at least try and be positive about what we saw today.

Archived