and trade him to Cleveland next season when they need

a qb at the deadline ?

Geno is a number one guy and valuable in a trade,

he's worth a 1 if you hold him to mid season, he has

done enough and shown enough - 

-these last three games may determine the future of the

position, even though the offensive line may keep the

Jets out of the end zone if the play calling doesn't,

if the O line plays well anything can happen.

I have a gut feeling the Jets take a QB next April,

2 quarterbacks are better than one, ask Steve Young

and Joe Montana.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno is good but with guys available at the position do

the Jets pull the trigger and take a quarterback even though

we need a TE, or receiver ?

If we pick 15 or 16 and Football Johnny is still sitting int the

front row do we call his name ? How about some of the

other gun slingers ?  Do we throw Geno under the bus

a qb at the deadline ?

I have a guy feeling the Jets take a QB next April,

and Joe Montana.

Yes

Yes

Maybe

No

it's way too early but the way this is shaping up, Teddy goes 1. Johnny Football goes 2-6 (he won't get past Cleveland, wherever they end up). 

who is the 3rd best QB in this draft? It's unclear. I do think they take a QB but more likely in rd 3 than rd 1/2. I also think Geno will finish strong. 

Geno is good but with guys available at the position do

the Jets pull the trigger and take a quarterback even though

we need a TE, or receiver ?

If we pick 15 or 16 and Football Johnny is still sitting int the

front row do we call his name ? How about some of the

other gun slingers ?  Do we throw Geno under the bus

a qb at the deadline ?

I have a guy feeling the Jets take a QB next April,

and Joe Montana.

You so cray.

By tough decision, I hope you mean, that maybe we take a QB maybe not, because if in fact they do decide to take one, then thats easy as I see it.

1. If you decide that you really want Teddy Bridgewater, then you package some of your picks and get to #1, because he aint getting by Houston, Cleveland, TB, Jacksonville, Minnesota etc.

2. If you decide that you will wait for Johnny Football, then see who finishes in the top 5 because St. Louis (with the Washington pick), and Atlanta arent taking Qb's and then you may only have to moderately trade up , and not nearly need a package like the one to get to Teddy.

3. If you decide to simply wait, then you will probably have a choice of McCarron (my choice here), Bortles, Hundley etc..

4. If you just decide to plain wait, then the 2 injured guys (Murray, and Mettenberg) are both worth a later pick.

Whatever they decide, if Atlanta, or St. Louis ended up with the top pick, then I thin we could really make a play for Teddy, as they both will probably want to trade out of that spot, not needing QB's unless of course they believe they have to take CLOWNEY #1.

Either way, If I'm the Jets, I'm drafting a 1st round QB, and I try as hard as I can to get one of the top 3, because the last time we had a class like this, we saw ELWAY, MARINO,KELLY, EASON etc. all go and we take O'brien. Granted, we didnt have to move up to get Marino, but thats another story for another day. The Jets just cant be left out of this QB draft, can they?

By tough decision, I hope you mean, that maybe we take a QB maybe not, because if in fact they do decide to take one, then thats easy as I see it.

1. If you decide that you really want Teddy Bridgewater, then you package some of your picks and get to #1, because he aint getting by Houston, Cleveland, TB, Jacksonville, Minnesota etc.

2. If you decide that you will wait for Johnny Football, then see who finishes in the top 5 because St. Louis (with the Washington pick), and Atlanta arent taking Qb's and then you may only have to moderately trade up , and not nearly need a package like the one to get to Teddy.

3. If you decide to simply wait, then you will probably have a choice of McCarron (my choice here), Bortles, Hundley etc..

4. If you just decide to plain wait, then the 2 injured guys (Murray, and Mettenberg) are both worth a later pick.

Whatever they decide, if Atlanta, or St. Louis ended up with the top pick, then I thin we could really make a play for Teddy, as they both will probably want to trade out of that spot, not needing QB's unless of course they believe they have to take CLOWNEY #1.

Either way, If I'm the Jets, I'm drafting a 1st round QB, and I try as hard as I can to get one of the top 3, because the last time we had a class like this, we saw ELWAY, MARINO,KELLY, EASON etc. all go and we take O'brien. Granted, we didnt have to move up to get Marino, but thats another story for another day. The Jets just cant be left out of this QB draft, can they?

What if you decide to just simply plain, wait?

it's way too early but the way this is shaping up, Teddy goes 1. Johnny Football goes 2-6 (he won't get past Cleveland, wherever they end up).

who is the 3rd best QB in this draft? It's unclear. I do think they take a QB but more likely in rd 3 than rd 1/2. I also think Geno will finish strong. 

Nope not happening. Browns would take Carr over Johnny Football, he fits their offense way more. Also, the 3rd best qb is being debated between Blake Bortles and Johnny Football.

No one knows if Hundley is coming out.  And Bortles is going in the first round, possibly even before Manziel's name is called.

Either way, If I'm the Jets, I'm drafting a 1st round QB, and I try as hard as I can to get one of the top 3, 

To get up to the top 3 we are talking about multiple first rounders i.e. the RG3 trade. It's a franchise crippler if it doesn't work out. 

The problem with the Jets taking a QB in rd1 is that it's not clear there's gonna be a QB where the Jets pick. It's looking like Teddy at 1, Johnny top5/10 and maybe Carr in the top 12 (if he has an amazing post season) and the Jets right now are sitting at 14. Could one of those guys fall? sure it's possible, especially Carr. Bortles is grading as a rd 1-2 cusp right now

but if there's one thing we can draw from Idzik's drafting style is he let's the draft come to him. He's not going to force a QB into being the 4th rd1 QB if he isn't really worth that pick.

No one knows if Hundley is coming out.  And Bortles is going in the first round, possibly even before Manziel's name is called.

I hope your right about Bortles, because I would rather have Manziel anyway, and am hoping against hope that somehow he falls, or the Jets get in position to get him. 

Really, when you think about it, when was the last time a JET fan could get really excited about the QB they drafted, other than JoeWillie.

Think about it, just about every franchise since then has been able to get really excited about a QB picked in the draft and some like Indianapolis(twice) But really who from the Jets? Todd, Pennington? naah.

If they drafted Manziel, he'd be a god in NY.

Even TB drafted a heisman winner (Testaverde) Denver drafted Elway, the Kins drafted RGIII, etc and could really get the fan base excited. The Giants drafted a Manning, Buffalo drafted Kelley. We never draft THAT GUY, well here's our chance, finally.

I stopped reading at "Geno is good."

You take a QB every year until you hit. Doesn't have to be round one, but we didn't hit with Geno.  We do need to upgrade WR and TE no doubt.

And how exactly do you know that you "hit" on said QB if you're drafting one every single year? You keep playing them until you find a rookie who lights it up in his first regular season?  How do you evaluate and develop a QB if you're only giving each one a single year to start?

And how exactly do you know that you "hit" on said QB if you're drafting one every single year? You keep playing them until you find a rookie who lights it up in his first regular season? How do you evaluate and develop a QB if you're only giving each one a single year to start?

I see your point, but to play devil's advocate, where do you feel is a good point to evaluate? Two seasons? More? Less? I think the sentiment of taking one every year is there because our franchise has shown they can't evaluate qb talent for sh*t and that in general it's difficult to scout it.

Are we pretending that the jets aren't just going to grab another corner or defensive lineman?

If Rex is still the coach, then we are pretending. I could even see on darft day, where you get that announcement, "WE HAVE A TRADE", and then you start to get really excited that maybe its the Jets, and then they announce it is the Jets moving up, and 2 or 3 great QBs are on the board, and now your really pumped, and Goodell announces yet another D-lineman, or safety, and the team right after the Jets takes that QB. Damn, I'm having nightmares already.

And how exactly do you know that you "hit" on said QB if you're drafting one every single year? You keep playing them until you find a rookie who lights it up in his first regular season? How do you evaluate and develop a QB if you're only giving each one a single year to start?

You're right. They should stay the course with the terrible QBs on the roster. It's bad enough they have Sanchez four years, let's give Geno another four and throw in some guaranteed money too.

You'll know you've got a QB when you don't have to draft a QB for five years.

Archived