Ryan and Revis allegedly wanted to reunite, but Woody and Idzik said no. Allegedly.

joewilly12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad you agree he is looking for more than 12M and couldn't be had cheap

Did we hear the Jets offer him anything? No  why not Idzik and Woody wanted no part of him it was personal reasons neither of them is dedicated to winning in my book when something like this happens.

The Jets need a CB they have the money Revis is available and they let him sign with our arch nemesis the Patriots so much for wanting to win the division and eventually a Super Bowl.

Players like Revis don't come around too often.

Someone in Revis' camp texted a staffer for the Jets. That's a f*ck you, Revis had no intentions of being a Jet unless they offered significantly more money.  Not that I blame him, but dating back to even before his rookie year, what has he done to give anyone the impression he's about anything other than maximizing his bank account?  He went down to Tampa Bay for christ's sake and stated he was happier down there even after they had a terrible losing season.  

Someone in Revis' camp texted a staffer for the Jets. That's a f*ck you, Revis had no intentions of being a Jet unless they offered significantly more money. Not that I blame him, but dating back to even before his rookie year, what has he done to give anyone the impression he's about anything other than maximizing his bank account? He went down to Tampa Bay for christ's sake and stated he was happier down there even after they had a terrible losing season.

Yep if he was serious he would've called Rex himself

I disagree I think the Jets could have locked him up cheap for long-term assuring he retired a NY Jet.  Woody and Idzik allowed personal issues to come before trying to make this team better. For that I will never forget either of them and if given the opportunity I will let them both know this.

for better or worse, Idzik is building a drama free, distraction free team and is willing to sacrifice talent to achieve it.     

Revis doesn't fit within that equation.  

Really? What do you think he'll do next year? Sign an inexpensive long term deal?

Year 2 is only there to prevent him being franchised. If he has a great year he will hit the market and want big $ again

$12 million isn't cheap for the best CB in the NFL?  Many say Revis cant win us a Super Bowl he isn't worth it neither can PSL fees yet Woody Johnson instituted them. Whats so different about Woody Johnson and Darrelle Revis they both seem to like money to me.

You know you are right, and these idiots would have agreed with you if the jets had signed revis, but since they didn't, now alls they want to do is tear down revis, because he told the jets and their fans to f-off, and signed with the arch enemy, and now all their poor jet feelings are hurt.

if he signed with the jets, they'd be telling us how great the guy is and how we stole him and blah blah blah. great hypocrite morons=jetfans.

mrsryan

You know you are right, and these idiots would have agreed with you if the jets had signed revis, but since they didn't, now alls they want to do is tear down revis, because he told the jets and their fans to f-off, and signed with the arch enemy, and now all their poor jet feelings are hurt.

if he signed with the jets, they'd be telling us how great the guy is and how we stole him and blah blah blah. great hypocrite morons=jetfans.

mrsryan

Agreed

What kind of message does this send to the core team guys? The DL will play there asses off as will Harris,Davis and Coples only for the very weak secondary to lose games.

The Revis signing made sense from a football perspective and strengthening the team.

Did the Pats restructure Revis and is actually paying him 16 million for 2 years?

Who the f**K cares. They have revis and we have sh*t. We signed some jag wr who will have half what he had with manning, and the jag we replaced howard with is a downgrade. meanwhile, the pats are kicking ass in FA, and making idzik and woody look like tools.

hey, but we locked up our f***ing kicker.

mrsryan

$12 million isn't cheap for the best CB in the NFL?  Many say Revis cant win us a Super Bowl he isn't worth it neither can PSL fees yet Woody Johnson instituted them. Whats so different about Woody Johnson and Darrelle Revis they both seem to like money to me.

$12 million, by definition, is absolutely not cheap.  If you feel it is a good deal for Revis, that's an entirely different story and that's certainly your prerogative.  However, there is no evidence to suggest that Revis would have agreed to a long-term deal for $12 million / year.  He clearly thinks if he can go back and regain his 2009 form that he'll be able to get far more than that next year.  Just look at his Patriots contract, it's a two-year deal with the second year him being due $20 million.  The entire contract is built around him not only being unwilling to accept the same pay next year in a contract, but making sure he cannot even be slapped with the franchise tag to get paid within the same range.  There is no reason to believe Revis would have agreed to any better deal with the Jets or given them any sort of so-called "discount".  Actually, absolutely all evidence suggests the exact opposite.

Archived