Mark Sanchez goodbye letter CLASS ACT

joewilly12

Of course he didn't write that letter but I think it's safe to assume he paid the cost to post it in the newspaper.  He certainly wasn't loved on his way out the door and so he didn't need to do this.  I'll give him credit here for a nice gesture. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course he didn't write that letter but I think it's safe to assume he paid the cost to post it in the newspaper. He certainly wasn't loved on his way out the door and so he didn't need to do this. I'll give him credit here for a nice gesture.

It's not a genuine gesture it's pure ego. Nobody cared much for him and he knew it. He's trying to get the last word and shape his legacy

Classy.

If only Trader Mike and that buffoon of a head coach had helped him develop a bit instead of letting every skill position on offense completely rot away.  Who knows he might not have been the total bust he is today.

I just hope the Jets wise up and don't waste as much time on Geno as they did on Sanchez.  Another 3 years of Geno is too painful to think about.

Sanchez wasn't the guy getting burned by Pierre Garcon or the guy getting trucked by Mendenhall. Neither the '09 or '10 teams belonged in those AFCC games, to put he blame on Sanchez alone for losing them is laughable. 

I wish him luck as a backup somewhere. Maybe he'll get another shot. Who knows ... it's not for us to worry about anymore, we saved money by bringing in a washed up dog killer who makes fans hate each other.

Sanchez is a good guy, and a bit of a goofy kid at heart. sneaking a hot dog, wiping a booger on the Marlboro Man, and at least a few really epic comeback games (that are more on Braylon and Holmes than Mark).  I wish him good luck.  He was mishandled here and robbed of a true offense after 2010, screwed with Sporano and Tanny's genius Tebow move, zero targets the last two years, as well as a deteriorated Oline, had 3 coordinators in 4 years and a head coach who knows nothing about offense or special teams.  It was rough sledding.  This move will be good for him.  

Sanchez wasn't the guy getting burned by Pierre Garcon or the guy getting trucked by Mendenhall. Neither the '09 or '10 teams belonged in those AFCC games, to put he blame on Sanchez alone for losing them is laughable. 

I wish him luck as a backup somewhere. Maybe he'll get another shot. Who knows ... it's not for us to worry about anymore, we saved money by bringing in a washed up dog killer who makes fans hate each other.

Give us more credit than that most of us have hated each other for decades

To say that Sanchez was a big part of those team's success is not realistic. Look at the pattern of moves made on offense besides him. Power running game, blocking receivers, color coded arm band, strong defense. They even made an offensive line coach the offensive coordinator. They were dumbing down the passing game as much as they could because he was unreliable. Holmes bailed him out of a handful of games by himself.

Sanchez is a good guy, and a bit of a goofy kid at heart. sneaking a hot dog, wiping a booger on the Marlboro Man, and at least a few really epic comeback games (that are more on Braylon and Holmes than Mark).  I wish him good luck.  He was mishandled here and robbed of a true offense after 2010, screwed with Sporano and Tanny's genius Tebow move, zero targets the last two years, as well as a deteriorated Oline, had 3 coordinators in 4 years and a head coach who knows nothing about offense or special teams.  It was rough sledding.  This move will be good for him.  

I think this is the fairest assessment I've read on this board.

I think Sanchez has some talent ... too bad he got hooked up with a franchise that has no idea how to develop quarterbacks. I hope he goes somewhere and gets a legitimate shot to succeed with some talent around him and a coach who understands offensive football.

Sanchez was a good kid and a class act, which is more than I can say for many on this board who continue to blame him entirely for the last 3 years of mediocre Jets football.

Put the blame where it really should be, which is primarily the front office who let the offensive talent on this team deteriorate over the past 3 seasons and continue to bring in rejects from other teams who lack the leadership and "character" qualities necessary in building and running a succesful football franchise geared towards long term success.

This team just never learns from it's mistakes.

yeah because in 09 we expected so much out of this team before the season started. With a new coach and a rookie at QB.

2009:  # 1 defense.  # 1 running game.  Worst QB in the league.  I'm not wrong.

And despite his failures we made him rich and he got to bang Kate Upton.

Kate Upton.

You know, this girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MeBQz_ov6o

Again, Sanchez can go f*** himself.

I think this is the fairest assessment I've read on this board.

I think Sanchez has some talent ... too bad he got hooked up with a franchise that has no idea how to develop quarterbacks. I hope he goes somewhere and gets a legitimate shot to succeed with some talent around him and a coach who understands offensive football.

Sanchez was a good kid and a class act, which is more than I can say for many on this board who continue to blame him entirely for the last 3 years of mediocre Jets football.

Put the blame where it really should be, which is primarily the front office who let the offensive talent on this team deteriorate over the past 3 seasons and continue to bring in rejects from other teams who lack the leadership and "character" qualities necessary in building and running a succesful football franchise geared towards long term success.

This team just never learns from it's mistakes.

This . Thanks JW you need to post more here bud

There were a lot more problems than just Sanchez in the Colts game, but the fact remains that Sanchez was single-handedly responsible for the Steelers' margin of victory.  You can be as Smashy as you like about that, it's still the truth.

Either way, I suppose he's not a horrible guy despite absolutely being a horrible football player.  And I certainly never grew to hate him as much as I did Penny, so he's got that going for him.  So long.

And despite his failures we made him rich and he got to bang Kate Upton.

Kate Upton.

You know, this girl:

Again, Sanchez can go f*** himself.

Look first of all Kate Upton gained a ton of weight.

Secondly I don't know how often you read barstool sports, but there was a photo posted by a guy using the name "sex boner" with a face full of acne who took her to highschool prom.

Sex Boner claims that she was super religious and did not put out after prom. If you consider this, again with how fat she's become and I wouldn't bank too hard on him having banged Kate Upton.

This . Thanks JW you need to post more here bud

Don't encourage him

Secondly the front office tried taking the reins off in year two and realized how the kid couldn't hit his receivers in the numbers and then promoted an offensive line coach to offensive coordinator.

Secondly I don't know how often you read barstool sports, but there was a photo posted by a guy using the name "sex boner" with a face full of acne who took her to highschool prom.

Sex Boner claims that she was super religious and did not put out after prom. If you consider this, again with how fat she's become and I wouldn't bank too hard on him having banged Kate Upton.

I hope you're right but it's probably wishful thinking.  Sanchez wouldn't have dated her had that been her reputation.  Dude was accused of sexual assault at USC and gets his.

Don't encourage him

Secondly the front office tried taking the reins off in year two and realized how the kid couldn't hit his receivers in the numbers and then promoted an offensive line coach to offensive coordinator.

Yeah, because every franchise QB hits their peak in year 2.

LOL.

I hope you're right but it's probably wishful thinking.  Sanchez wouldn't have dated her had that been her reputation.  Dude was accused of sexual assault at USC and gets his.

Maybe, maybe not. Just being mentioned in the same sentence as her, probably brought his social credibility up a ton. Keep that in mind of that scorned bitch Erik Ainge's comments that Sanchez has no game and he may have just hung around her to get the recognition. I am not sold that he hit it.

Kate Upton is fat?

HAH!

Look man if you're going to sit here and try to say that Sanchez was a franchise QB, I'm not going to waste my time. 

Don't twist my words... I never said he was a franchise QB.

What I AM saying is that there have been many, many quarterbacks who ended up with very good to great careers that did not look that way after year 2.

I believe Sanchez has talent. Unfortunately for the Jets, it never developed here for a variety of reasons, in my opinion, mostly because the organization did not put him in the best position to suceed as most organizations would try to do with a guy they drafted #6 overall.

Look, I'm not going to waste my time arguing about Sanchez with you ... you want to blame him entirely for the Jets woes over the past 2-3 years, go ahead. If people want to believe that a 2009 Jets team that was lucky to sneak into the playoffs didn't win the Super Bowl because of Mark Sanchez, that's fine. If there are people on this board that think he was a "horrible player" as I've read in another post, that's their perrogative.

But I don't think it's a reasonable way to look at things because the front office let the talent on the offensive side of the ball go to sh*t over the past 3 years. I understand Snachez is not blameless for his performance but football is a team game and much of the success that players, even great players, have is due in large part to the talent and coaching around them. It's too bad we didn't get to see him in Morny's offense last year, I think you may have seen a different player. I think that the success that football players have is largely "situational". Sure you have to have talent, but coaching philosophy, surrounding talent, the division you play in, the building you play in, the culture you're brought into, all have huge impacts on the success of a football player.  

Ask yourself ... would Tom Brady have had the success he's had playing for the Jets under Herm Edwards or Rex Ryan? Would Dan Marino under Joe Walton? How 'bout Troy Aikman under Bruce Coslet or Rich Kotite? Man, I'm not so sure.

To Smash - Thanks. I used to frequent this board more than I do now. I still "check in", mostly to get information, rumors, etc... but to be honest, I don't come here to post as much as I used to for two reasons mostly:

1) Too many "Joe Willies" ,,, can't keep track off the "good ones" vs "the bad ones". :winking0001:

2) I got tired of engaging in verbal battles which usually ended up in personal insults because my opinion differed from somebody else's. Nothing wrong with differing opinions, to me, that's what an internet forum is here for ... healthy debate, exposure to differing perspectives. Hell, I coached high school varsity football for 10 years, but that doesn't mean I know everything there is about football or that I'm always right.  In fact, I've had guys on this board change my opinion on something because they convinced me through healthy debate. But there are too many guys on this board that think they're knowledge of football is infallible and when the debates start turning towards sarcasm and personal insults, I usually just tune out. All that said, I really don't understand all the hate on this board towards guys like Pennington and Sanchez, who despite some pretty good success for this franchise, still get verbally abused on this board because they had the audacity not to win a Super Bowl. 

I'm obviously one of the older guys on this board, so maybe my perspective is a liitle, say, different. It appears I'm in the minority on Sanchez, and that's OK. Doesn't mean I'm wrong (or right). Time may tell us more.

All that said, I do appreciate many of the guys on this board whose posts I enjoy reading. I think it proves that a poster can be knowledgable and respectfuul at the same time.

To that, I'll just say "Stay classy, Jets fans".

Sanchez was still throwing picks to D-lineman in Year 5 of his career (See Ansah, Ziggy).  Those who think he'll be the next Garcia or Gannon, keep dreaming.  The Eagles are (perhaps, not official yet) signing him in to compete for backup duties with another former USC QB (I.E. probable failure), Matt Barkley.  That's what they think of him.

Sanchez was not the QB to have on win now teams and probably prevented the 09 team from being the best in the league... but pinning the blame on the two title games directly on him is laughable. 

Ah yes, the true mark of an elite QB.. the best you can say about him is that "he wasn't entirely to blame for losing those 2 championship games" The fact that you are even making this argument is whats laughable here..

Seriously, what is your point. That the defense and run game didn't dominate after dragging Sanchez to 2 championship games despite his best efforts to prevent it? He was a very bad QB here anyway you want to slice it, he was probably the single worst player on both of those teams, and the fact that other units played poorly during those championship games means absolutely nothing when evaluating Sanchez's career here.

Yeah, because every franchise QB hits their peak in year 2.

LOL.

[1] Don't twist my words... I never said he was a franchise QB.

[2] Look, I'm not going to waste my time arguing about Sanchez with you ... you want to blame him entirely for the Jets woes over the past 2-3 years, go ahead.

[1] See above

[2] Don't twist *my* words. Show me where I blamed him for all of our woes over the last 2-3 years.

[3] based on first two paragraphs which were completely illogical, stopped reading the rest.

Ah yes, the true mark of an elite QB.. the best you can say about him is that "he wasn't entirely to blame for losing those 2 championship games" The fact that you are even making this argument is whats laughable here..

Seriously, what is your point. That the defense and run game didn't dominate after dragging Sanchez to 2 championship games despite his best efforts to prevent it? He was a very bad QB here anyway you want to slice it, he was probably the single worst player on both of those teams, and the fact that other units played poorly during those championship games means absolutely nothing when evaluating Sanchez's career here.

Because he didn't lose those two specific games by himself, that was the point I was countering.

There are plenty of games where that holds true, just not those.

Because he didn't lose those two specific games by himself, that was the point I was countering.

There are plenty of games where that holds true, just not those.

well, get his bust ready in canton

Archived