Some interesting comments from Dick Vermeil

AFJF

I saw some Chip Kelly comments in another thread and it made me think of this Vermei interview.

I heard him in an interview on Philly radio yesterday and he talked about Sanchez and the way Chip Kelly runs practice.

He said Sanchez seems looser/happier/more comfortable than he's ever seen him, and said he believes in him.

As far as Chip, he said it was the single most impressive football practice he's ever seen.  He said even in practice, they run a play every :20 seconds, he would need 3 hours of practice to fit what Chip fits in to two hours. 

Really curious to see if the league cathes on to this guy, but no doubt what he was able to get out of Nick Foles last year was amazing.

If Sanchez were any looser when he was on the Jets he would have been some sort of metaphor for something that's very loose that unfortunately I can't think of right now.

YEAH!

I saw some Chip Kelly comments in another thread and it made me think of this Vermei interview.

I heard him in an interview on Philly radio yesterday and he talked about Sanchez and the way Chip Kelly runs practice.

He said Sanchez seems looser/happier/more comfortable than he's ever seen him, and said he believes in him.

As far as Chip, he said it was the single most impressive football practice he's ever seen.  He said even in practice, they run a play every :20 seconds, he would need 3 hours of practice to fit what Chip fits in to two hours. 

Really curious to see if the league cathes on to this guy, but no doubt what he was able to get out of Nick Foles last year was amazing.

LOL @ Sanchez

LOL @ NFL marveling at "practice faster = more practice"

Football truly is a sport full of morons.

If Sanchez were any looser when he was on the Jets he would have been some sort of metaphor for something that's very loose that unfortunately I can't think of right now.

If Mex was any looser, he'd be carrying a colostomy bag on the sidelines.

By the way, was Vermeil weeping during the interview?

Chip Kelly is an offensive based coach- exact opposite of Rex

yeah and the Eagles' defense can't stop the run worth a damn. Pick your poison. 

There was a throw away comment about "what he got out of Foles" 

Nick Foles is a good player who played Kelly's Oregon teams really tough. By the time he left Arizona he had over 70% completion.

He's not a creation of Kelly (or Reid)... even tho those guys get credit for his success. He's a legitimate talent in his own right. 

I remember the headband and Fun Man Chu. Not the signs of tightly wound up guy.

His arm was regressing at this stay with the JETS went on and he was postponing getting that surgery. So it comes down to his shoulder surgery. I am sure that surgery did him a world of good.

Why? Did they take his brain and balls out of his shoulder and put them back in the respective places where they belonged?

yeah and the Eagles' defense can't stop the run worth a damn. Pick your poison.

There was a throw away comment about "what he got out of Foles"

Nick Foles is a good player who played Kelly's Oregon teams really tough. By the time he left Arizona he had over 70% completion.

He's not a creation of Kelly (or Reid)... even tho those guys get credit for his success. He's a legitimate talent in his own right.

Right, but nobody thought Foles (or any NFL QB) would post a 15/1 TD/INT ratio.

Right, but nobody thought Foles (or any NFL QB) would post a 15/1 TD/INT ratio.

Exactly- how can anyone say they expected him to play that well- most including myself ddi not think he was even going to play behind Vick- some credit goes to Eagles for having him ready and putting him in  a position to succeed.

frigging guy was eating hot dogs on the bench. and he was pretty loose with the football in the pocket.

next bill walsh ?

Archived