Michael Sam is a free agent

Lizard King

He'll land somewhere. StL is pretty deep on the line, but he showed enough that someone will pick him up.

Ironically, him getting drafted by the Rams may end up hurting his chances. They cut him on the day the 53 is due, meaning other teams will be reluctant to alter the 53 they have settled on unless they're not happy with what they have going into week 1.

Sam had his people announce before the draft that he didn't want to come to the Jets.  Either that, or they did it on their own and he never said it was incorrect. Pass.

Sam had his people announce before the draft that he didn't want to come to the Jets.  Either that, or they did it on their own and he never said it was incorrect. Pass.

Very troubling that the Jets and outsports are not on the same page. 

Jets didn't want him because of his medical condition with his vision.. He's cock-eyed. :winking0001:  

He might not have been interested in us when it looked like he was certain to be drafted, right now I imagine he'll go wherever he can get a job.  Could we use a situational pass rusher, or is that Babin's job now?

he's a DE.  he is way too slow to play OLB.  he's also too small to play DE

He's his own worst enemy right now. If it weren't for the media frenzy that would follow him, a good defensive- minded coach like Rex would probably be able to find a spot for him as a situational pass rusher. The problem is most teams probably feel the media spotlight isn't worth the trouble.

Okay, that would eliminate him as a regular, every down player.  A situational pass rusher doesn't matter that much where he lines up, he's only there because it's an obvious passing down.

A 7th round pick didn't make the 53 man roster? It's been known to happen.

Its obvious his talent precedes his 7th round draft status. Granted, dude is terrible in drills such as the combine/pro day, but his play on the field speaks for itself. He showed that in the preseason. Michael Sam is a guy who should have been a 2nd- 3rd rounder easy, a 4th rounder if you really had a problem with his combine/pro day numbers. He was the SEC defensive player of the year last year yet was drafted in the 7th round. If there was ever a definition of a guy "falling in the draft" it would be Sam. Purely on talent (which the NFL should have simply stuck to instead of parading his sexual decisions around) there's no way in the world Michael Sam should have been a day 3/7th round pick. That was just ridiculous.

In all honesty, I think the NFL contacted the Rams and requested they draft him given the fact that with the Rams being so stacked at the position, releasing him today would look legit rather than having a guy who was voted the best defensive player in the best conference in college football go undrafted. The Rams had absolutely no need to draft at the position, even coming from the "best player available perspective", just based on the fact that he was still cut after his performance this preseason....as a 7th rounder. Thats a whole different topic all together though. If you ask me about Michael Sam and football, I say the Jets need to take a look at him. If you ask me about Michael Sam's sexual decisions, I'd say lets stick to football. Hopefully next time the NFL does the same and not pull the stupidity that I seen during the offseason with Sam ever again.

....In all honesty, I think the NFL contacted the Rams and requested they draft him given the fact that with the Rams being so stacked at the position, releasing him today would look legit rather than having a guy who was voted the best defensive player in the best conference in college football go undrafted. The Rams had absolutely no need to draft at the position.....

I was thinking along the same lines.  Doesn't necessarily mean it actually happened that way, but the Rams definitely have a built-in "out" for letting him go.

And, too small to slide over to DT and not fast or athletic enough to play ST.  He is the NFL equivalent of a guy living downtown in a large cardboard box.

Archived