well, on the bright side

ylekram

Geno is the problem but I can tell you one thing, Vick is not the answer. Is there a QB to tank for this year because I'm sick of not having a good QB!!!!!

What leads you to believe that jets can develop a qb? Is weeb ewbank back from the dead? Jets answer at qb is a trade/fa acquisition. Let someone else develop and we pay a premium.

What leads you to believe that jets can develop a qb? Is weeb ewbank back from the dead? Jets answer at qb is a trade/fa acquisition. Let someone else develop and we pay a premium.

at this point, I would be willing to mortgage the future for a competent qb. upping 2 1st round picks for an average qb seems like a bargain as opposed to the crap the jets have been fielding for at least a decade

Is there an Andrew Luck in this draft?  Even the Jets can't ruin that talent.  Or can they? 

at this point, I would be willing to mortgage the future for a competent qb. upping 2 1st round picks for an average qb seems like a bargain as opposed to the crap the jets have been fielding for at least a decade

Not possible to overpay for a franchise qb

Is there an Andrew Luck in this draft?  Even the Jets can't ruin that talent.  Or can they?

Peyton manning was smart to wait another year to come out, lets put it that way

I know geno is an auto pick and fumble a game, but I really believe that play calling is half the reason for this. The first half after our first drive they knew exactly what we were doing. I find Morningweig very, very predictable, and it showed after the first possession. 

He was missing WR's 10 yards away by 10+ feet.  

The kids a mess.  I too thought he was progressing...but he's not.  He sucks something awful. 

I would bet Matt Simms would play better than Geno if Rex made the switch.  Maybe it would be a tad rough for the first couple games but by the 3rd game this kid would be slinging it all around the field.  Bet!

I'd bet the farm that Matt Simms would have you screaming for Geno Smith back by the 3rd game.

it will be interesting to see if that's true or not. it seems like the teams that have mega deal QB's tend to struggle post mega deal b/c all of their cap money is tied up in one position.

I think what you are seeing is a team has success, and rewards the qb who brought them that success, and then have trouble repeating that success. Thats just life in the nfl--repeating a superbowl win/deep playoff run/12 win season are all very difficult things to do and may not relate to the qb salary. It is like the old bit of conventional wisdom that a rb with over 300 touches tends to have a downturn the next year--if a rb gets 300 touches it is likely because he is having a career year, again a very difficult thing to repeat that may have no relationship to the number of touches in the prior season.

My bad, apparently Wes Welker was the #1 overall pick in the draft when he emerged with the Pats. Chrebet too LOL

A good player is a good player, it doesn't matter how many teams he has been on or how old he is. As my boy Kurt Warner about that one.

Actually Wes Welker caught 65 passes and 5 tds with Miami the season prior to going to New England. Chrebet caught over 30 passes in his second season, had nearly 160 catches and scored over 20 tds by year four. Greg Salas in 5 years bumping around NFL practice squads has caught 40 passes and no Tds, that's 8 catches a year. Sorry but you don't just break out at age 26 and become a factor, he's a marginal talent that boarders on the fringe of the worst NFL rosters. The fact that he's seeing game time says more about how poor the Jets WR's are than it does anything about his skill.

Actually Wes Welker caught 65 passes and 5 tds with Miami the season prior to going to New England. Chrebet caught over 30 passes in his second season, had nearly 160 catches and scored over 20 tds by year four. Greg Salas in 5 years bumping around NFL practice squads has caught 40 passes and no Tds, that's 8 catches a year. Sorry but you don't just break out at age 26 and become a factor, he's a marginal talent that boarders on the fringe of the worst NFL rosters. The fact that he's seeing game time says more about how poor the Jets WR's are than it does anything about his skill.

no

Archived