San Diego - A must win?

Latinlawyer

I say that if the Jets are to entertain thoughts of the postseason, then yes, SD is a must win game. If they lose they will be 1-4. You probably need to go 10-6 to make the postseason. So that means the Jets would have to go 9-2 if they lost against SD. While NE looks very average along with Miami and Buffalo, are we so sure we can sweep the AFCE? 6-0? Probably not happening. SO, they gotta win in SD then be competitive against Denver then beat NE. 3-4...if they get to 3-4 then they are still in it. if they are 1-6 then Rex is toast and this team is done.

So yes, SD is a must win.

LL

Not a must win with AFCE in disarray. But they do need to take care of busines in the division. If they split with two teams and sweep the third, they will need to find 4 wins outside to get to 9-7 and have a shot at being divisional winner. The path is not easy but if they get 4 wins in AFCE and beat steelers, viking, titans and then steal one from chargers, denver, chiefs it can be done. Obviously if they win more than 4 in the division, all the better. Do I think it will happen? No. But the point is San Diego is not a must win.

If we can find a way to win on Sunday the landscape will look a whole lot different, we would have two AFC wins locked up and everyone to play twice in our appalling division.

I still can't see it happening, but if we are going to make something of this season than we have got to find a way to go into the Denver game 2-3.

If we manage that I like our chances of beating the Pats and coming out of this stretch at 3-4 with all to play for.

Obviously I'm fully aware that by Sunday evening I expect to be hurling beer cans at the TV disgusted we are 1-4.

no way to tell.  Hell, with the trash in the AFC east 8-8 could take the division.  LOL  Nobody in the AFC east had their QB of the future play last week. Bunch of jags and has beens QBing the AFC East.  

Not true.  Garrapolo played for the Pats.  FUTURE BABY!!!

If we can find a way to win on Sunday the landscape will look a whole lot different, we would have two AFC wins locked up and everyone to play twice in our appalling division.

I still can't see it happening, but if we are going to make something of this season than we have got to find a way to go into the Denver game 2-3.

If we manage that I like our chances of beating the Pats and coming out of this stretch at 3-4 with all to play for.

Obviously I'm fully aware that by Sunday evening I expect to be hurling beer cans at the TV disgusted we are 1-4.

I like that Rice Crispie gift in your signature.  

I cannot wait until the following scenario breaks:

Geno has a solid bounceback game, throws for 2TD's, runs for another

Jets beat SD

Pats, Fish, Spills all lose

We are tied for first next week.

The backtracking by the fan base is going to be classic, we will all be making our SB trip plans by Tuesday afternoon!

While technically not a must win, I believe the team believes this is a must win. Denver will be an L and even if you beat NE you would be at 2-5 (if you don't beat SD). 2-5 is terrible and does not give you any wiggle room later on. I don't see how we beat Denver.I can see us beating NE and SD...

I do think its a must win. If they lose the heat will turn up immensely and the heat alone will cause the team to wither to a point where I can see them going on a 2013 Houston Texans losing streak. 1-15  or 2-14 anyone?

Must win...

LL

While technically not a must win, I believe the team believes this is a must win. Denver will be an L and even if you beat NE you would be at 2-5 (if you don't beat SD). 2-5 is terrible and does not give you any wiggle room later on. I don't see how we beat Denver.I can see us beating NE and SD...

I do think its a must win. If they lose the heat will turn up immensely and the heat alone will cause the team to wither to a point where I can see them going on a 2013 Houston Texans losing streak. 1-15  or 2-14 anyone?

Must win...

LL

this team is 1 or 2 injuries away from 2-14.  

I think if we're talking the season as a whole, the must-win game is the Thursday night game in New England. If the Jets can go into the following week against Buffalo looking to get to .500 and be 2-0 in the division, this season may be salvageable simply because of how bad the East is. 9-7 might legitimately win the AFCE this year, and the last 6 games of the season for the Jets are all pretty weak. But the division is going to be tight up until the end, and may even end in a tie, so the division record is so crucial this year.

All contingent that we take one of the next two of course, but we always play pretty well at Qualcomm. I think we win on Sunday.

For now the focus is on SD. The Jets are a wounded animal backed into a corner, lets see if they come out swinging or drop another one. If the Jets lose in SD and its clear that Geno played poorly (more turnovers than TDs) then I am thinking you will see Vick against Denver. Geno has one shot...if he messes up then its Vick time.  

LL

For now the focus is on SD. The Jets are a wounded animal backed into a corner, lets see if they come out swinging or drop another one. If the Jets lose in SD and its clear that Geno played poorly (more turnovers than TDs) then I am thinking you will see Vick against Denver. Geno has one shot...if he messes up then its Vick time.  

LL

leave it to the jets to do something stupid like let geno start at denver and then name vick the starter on a short week against NE.

Jets beat SD

The backtracking by the fan base is going to be classic, we will all be making our SB trip plans by Tuesday afternoon!

I hope you are right.

Jets beat SD

Cool.

The Dolphins can't lose though, they have a bye.

Archived