John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they could be 0-8

this roster blows. It might be nice to believe that the CS isn't getting enough out of this wonderful talented group of individuals but it's a lie you are telling yourself to feel better. 

Still living the fantasy that Rex is blameless, eh?

The only lie is that Rex Ryan is a legitimate NFL Head Coach. 

**** sake, his Defense is putrid, and in his entire tenure here, we cannot name even a single player he "coached up" to be better than his talent/expectations, although we can find plenty of failures and disappointments Rex claimed he could "coach up".

It's not talent (or not just talent), it's leadership and coaching, we have neither.  The only position n we truly have limited talent at is CB, and that's due to injury and Rex's failure to coach up the backups.

The fantasy is just laughable.....what, with another coach we'd be 0-8 (lol, right), and what, we'd lose yesterday 63-3?  Lol, enjoy rooting for Rex at his next Head Coaching job Bit.

**** sake, his Defense is putrid, and in his entire tenure here, we cannot name even a single player he "coached up" to be better than his talent/expectations, although we can find plenty of failures and disappointments Rex claimed he could "coach up".

It's not talent (or not just talent), it's leadership and coaching, we have neither.

The fantasy is just laughable.....what, with another coach we'd be 0-8 (lol, right), and what, we'd lose yesterday 63-3? Lol, enjoy rooting for Rex at his next Head Coaching job Bit.

Rex fans on Kerley, before: "Rex made Kerley a legitimate receiver! He can coach up players!"

Rex fans on Kerley, now: "He's a fourth receiver! We should have signed Emmanuel Sanders!"

It's not talent (or not just talent), it's leadership and coaching, we have neither.  The only position n we truly have limited talent at is CB, and that's due to injury and Rex's failure to coach up the backups.

The fantasy is just laughable.....what, with another coach we'd be 0-8 (lol, right), and what, we'd lose yesterday 63-3?  Lol, enjoy rooting for Rex at his next Head Coaching job Bit.

defense is putrid,huh. now that's a stretch. rex ryan is gone. it is all but written in stone. why does this argument continue? lets move on to the next bum that needs to be fired

defense is putrid,huh. now that's a stretch. rex ryan is gone. it is all but written in stone. why does this argument continue? lets move on to the next bum that needs to be fired

Yes, they are.

And it goes on, because we have friends like the honorable Mr. Bitonti, who continue to peddle the BABR Party Line, that we're "only as good as we are" because of Rex (lol), that Rex should be retained, that it's everyone's fault but Rex, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sick and tired after six years of blaming everyone but Rex.  I am usually dead set against mid-season firings, but for Rex....at this point.....I'd make an exception.

Yes, they are.

And it goes on, because we have friends like the honorable Mr. Bitonti, who continue to peddle the BABR Party Line, that we're "only as good as we are" because of Rex (lol), that Rex should be retained, that it's everyone's fault but Rex, etc, etc, etc.

I'm sick and tired after six years of blaming everyone but Rex.  I am usually dead set against mid-season firings, but for Rex....at this point.....I'd make an exception.

the problem with the jets defense is the back end. that I agree is putrid. seems to me like idzik is responsible for that, no?

Yes, they are.

I would agree completely with this.  I have been a huge Rex supporter but I see no point in keeping him around any longer - put someone in place that will begin to install, even a modicum of preparedness.  This team is in a tailspin and the HC is to blame.

I would agree completely with this.  I have been a huge Rex supporter but I see no point in keeping him around any longer - put someone in place that will begin to install, even a modicum of preparedness.  This team is in a tailspin and the HC is to blame.

Agree this team shows up week after week unprepared and undisciplined its time for heads to roll

if you can't draft a WR to start over david nelson in a historically deep WR draft, than you suck big hanging donkey bollocks

yes. it seems that the majority of this board wants to blame either rex or idzik. rex is already gone.. that's just about guaranteed. end of story. time to get over it and move on. the next bum in line is idzik. there is no question in my mind that rex does his job better than idzik does his job. and the job that rex does will find his ass in the unemployment line. the writtings on the wall for idzik. question is, this year or next. hopefully woody has enough people in his ear to pull off the clean sweep. if ever a franchise needed it, it is the jets

yes. it seems that the majority of this board wants to blame either rex or idzik. rex is already gone.. that's just about guaranteed. end of story. time to get over it and move on. the next bum in line is idzik. there is no question in my mind that rex does his job better than idzik does his job. and the job that rex does will find his ass in the unemployment line. the writtings on the wall for idzik. question is, this year or next. hopefully woody has enough people in his ear to pull off the clean sweep. if ever a franchise needed it, it is the jets

yeah, it's a little soon to cut a GM but the problem is if you keep alternating between firing one or the other you are never going to have the clean sweep that is generally necessary to get a harbaugh type guy who demands full control

I love how Rex supporters, when forced to admit (grudgingly) that Rex has failed (again), always add "it's done, time to move on" so their previous Rex manlove can hopefully be forgotten.

A lot of Jets Fans needs to understand, and come to terms, that a NFL GM who was forced to keep a failure Head Coach will never be fired after his second year.

Idzik is not going anywhere, and if he does, it's the kind of move a joke franchise makes, not a professional team.

Idzik may or may not work out, but he's going to get a third (and fourth) year to do so, with his own Head Coach.

The Owner is not going to fire a GM before he can even implement whatever "plan" he may or may not have, and after leashing that GM to the owners friend Rex.

This team has the talent to compete, everywhere but at CB, and CB is due to injury to both #1 and #2 CB's, a situation that would hurt of kill almost every team in the NFL at that position.

Rex, defensive guru, has utterly failed to coach up the backup CB's into even the realm of competence, he made us keep "Rex's Guys" like  a certain dogsh*t #3 CB who should never be named.

I'm not going to give Idzik a pass......but I will give him a third year and his own Head Coach, at the very least.  Firing him now, never having had a chance to hire his own coach....my lord, that's bush league.

to add to this, it really makes no sense to retain idzik. he is basically responsible for for the sh*t roster all the while having 60m+ and 19 draft picks at his disposal. I think its safe to say that he missed more than he hit which is pure  incompetence. why let idzik hire his own coaching staff? if idzik continues his trend, woody will have no choice but to fire him the year after. what kind of coaching staff can idzik assemble while his seat is smoking,red hot? it will become similar to the gm search of 2 years ago.. a house cleaning is the only intelligent way to go for the jets. why prolong the inevitable?

I love how Rex supporters, when forced to admit (grudgingly) that Rex has failed (again), always add "it's done, time to move on" so their previous Rex manlove can hopefully be forgotten.

A lot of Jets Fans needs to understand, and come to terms, that a NFL GM who was forced to keep a failure Head Coach will never be fired after his second year.

Idzik is not going anywhere, and if he does, it's the kind of move a joke franchise makes, not a professional team.

Idzik may or may not work out, but he's going to get a third (and fourth) year to do so, with his own Head Coach.

The Owner is not going to fire a GM before he can even implement whatever "plan" he may or may not have, and after leashing that GM to the owners friend Rex.

This team has the talent to compete, everywhere but at CB, and CB is due to injury to both #1 and #2 CB's, a situation that would hurt of kill almost every team in the NFL at that position.

Rex, defensive guru, has utterly failed to coach up the backup CB's into even the realm of competence, he made us keep "Rex's Guys" like  a certain dogsh*t #3 CB who should never be named.

I'm not going to give Idzik a pass......but I will give him a third year and his own Head Coach, at the very least.  Firing him now, never having had a chance to hire his own coach....my lord, that's bush league.

That's true. This team is rock solid at QB. 

That's true. This team is rock solid at QB. 

Mike Vick, much as I loath him, would have won ANY legitimate QB competition.  And QB Competition is explicitly a Head Coach decision.

Mike Vick from day 1 this season, and again, we're probably not 1-7 as I see it.

we're not great at QB, clearly, but a Vick-led Jets would have been competitive at the position (at least till he got hurt).

Be assured, the Geno Smith pick, smart as it was at that moment in time, will hang over Idzik's head forever, or until he fixes it.

Mike Vick, much as I loath him, would have won ANY legitimate QB competition.  And QB Competition is explicitly a Head Coach decision.

Mike Vick from day 1 this season, and again, we're probably not 1-7 as I see it.

we're not great at QB, clearly, but a Vick-led Jets would have been competitive at the position (at least till he got hurt).

Be assured, the Geno Smith pick, smart as it was at that moment in time, will hang over Idzik's head forever, or until he fixes it.

You honestly believe that Idzik had nothing to do with that alleged competition? (not that I'm conceding that Vick is any good, mind you)

Rex is (was) coaching for his job here. He wasn't going to voluntarily stick with Geno. That came from upstairs. 

You honestly believe that Idzik had nothing to do with that alleged competition? (not that I'm conceding that Vick is any good, mind you)

Rex is (was) coaching for his job here. He wasn't going to voluntarily stick with Geno. That came from upstairs. 

I honestly think he had far less to do with it that than the conspiracy nuts would claim, aye.

Same way I think the Owner is far less directly responsible for thing than the conspiracy nuts would claim, aye.

I think Rex punted (as he always does) on anything related to the Offense, and the decision both to acquire Vick, and to start Geno Smith as the #1 competition-free, was made primarily by Marty.M., not Rex and not Idzik, who simply acquired the low-cost guy (Vick) that Marty wanted.

But at the end of the day, the responsibility, in year SIX, is Rex's.  He can't keep surviving because he's a Defensive Coordinator leaving the offense to some sort of co-Head Coach.

Yes, Idzik picked Geno, and at that moment, that pick made sense, and I'm absolutely sure Idzik wanted Geno to win the job, and wanted him to succeed.

But no, I don't think idzik sent a memo to Rex saying "Geno Smith must start, and there must not be a QB competition".

I think far too many of you misunderstand the power structure of the Jets in the Rex Ryan Era.

It goes Rex -> Idzik,  not Idzik -> Rex. 

I want to see at least one year where the structure is Idzik -> Idzik's Guy.

if that fails, i.e. next year w/ no improvement, fine, fire Idzik too.

But again, no Pro team fires a new GM in year two after leashing him to an existing Head Coach.  Has that ever happened, in the history of the league?  Second year GM fired having never had the power to hire/fire his own coach?

But no, I don't think idzik sent a memo to Rex saying "Geno Smith must start, and there must not be a QB competition".

Last year, when it was Sanchez vs Geno, Idzik said in July of that year that it was a group decision. You can't actually make a group decision on a committee with your boss. It's Idzik's decision and it's always been Idzik's decision.

I honestly think he had far less to do with it that than the conspiracy nuts would claim, aye.

Same way I think the Owner is far less directly responsible for thing than the conspiracy nuts would claim, aye.

I think Rex punted (as he always does) on anything related to the Offense, and the decision both to acquire Vick, and to start Geno Smith as the #1 competition-free, was made primarily by Marty.M., not Rex and not Idzik, who simply acquired the low-cost guy (Vick) that Marty wanted.

But at the end of the day, the responsibility, in year SIX, is Rex's.  He can't keep surviving because he's a Defensive Coordinator leaving the offense to some sort of co-Head Coach.

Yes, Idzik picked Geno, and at that moment, that pick made sense, and I'm absolutely sure Idzik wanted Geno to win the job, and wanted him to succeed.

I think far too many of you misunderstand the power structure of the Jets in the Rex Ryan Era.

It goes Rex -> Idzik,  not Idzik -> Rex. 

I disagree with you as to where the conspiracies lie, and the power structure here since Idzik's arrival. 

Archived