Our demise started with signing Tim Tebow

johnnyjet

I remeber that offseason, we had just signed Drew Stanton as Marks back-up.  I was pleased with the signing as he seemed to be a serviceable backup. Then for no other reason that to steal the back page asshat Woody signs Tebow.  Nevermind that tebow sucks, Im sure Mark was NEVER threatened by tebows skill set, he didnt have one.  The fact the Woody said ya can never get enough tebow is what did it for me.  And if nothing else it proves that God hates us.  lol

Annnd we have yet to recover from the disaster that was Tim Tebow.     I blame Woody

We haven't been able to recover since 1969 when we last won a Super Bowl and this guy is blaming Tebow? 

Is this the type of posters JetsInsider had,no wonder the place is out of business. 

And you're putting Max's kids through college baby!

from 1969 on we have had some success.  while not like the 49ers, cowboys, giants and pats weve done better than the majority of NFL teams.   

as far as the green, its a JETS board no? When I said the Tebow signing was our demise, it was our RECENT demise, didnt think I had to be THAT specific but in the future I will spell it out and type a lil slower for those of you that can t keep up.

I remeber that offseason, we had just signed Drew Stanton as Marks back-up.  I was pleased with the signing as he seemed to be a serviceable backup. Then for no other reason that to steal the back page asshat Woody signs Tebow.  Nevermind that tebow sucks, Im sure Mark was NEVER threatened by tebows skill set, he didnt have one.  The fact the Woody said ya can never get enough tebow is what did it for me.  And if nothing else it proves that God hates us.  lol

Annnd we have yet to recover from the disaster that was Tim Tebow.     I blame Woody

You're brand new to the Jets, right?

Actually, there are two dates that are the demise of the New York Jets:

December 2, 2001. The Jets hadn't lost to New England in three years, Vinny Testaverde has a 13-0 halftime lead and blows it in the second half, the 7-4 Jets go from locking up a playoff spot and a certain division title to giving the Patriots the confidence they needed to win our Super Bowl instead. The Parcells Jets died that day and New England started their dynasty.

January 16, 2010. A decade later, the rebuilt Jets are on a roll where we were on a 20-7 run, the best stretch in team history. And by beating the Patriots in the playoffs and acting like we actually won something, our players and coaches didn't show up the following week in Pittsburgh and show any passion towards winning the very AFC Championship that was taken away the year before. Since that day, the Jets are a train wreck.

Those two dates go diffrently, we have a ring.

SAR I

We haven't been able to recover since 1969 when we last won a Super Bowl and this guy is blaming Tebow? 

Is this the type of posters JetsInsider had,no wonder the place is out of business.

You've dropped a couple of these types of posts. We're welcoming new posters, no matter where they come from. We don't need or want posts like this in response to anyone new, or any (soon to be) former site.

Weve made som crappy FA signings but the Tebow one was by far the worst one in our horrid existance.

made me forget about the likes of Neil O Donnell

Even worse, Tannenbaum traded for Tebow. It was a horrendous move. Had they just held onto Stanton, he might've actually gotten the chance to start that he was allegedly promised when he signed here. Sporano hated Tebow, and he was never gonna have a chance.

Not sure if that trade was the start of this latest franchise demise or not but that, along with the Sanchez extension, were certainly the demise of Trader Mike.

from 1969 on we have had some success.  while not like the 49ers, cowboys, giants and pats weve done better than the majority of NFL teams.   

as far as the green, its a JETS board no? When I said the Tebow signing was our demise, it was our RECENT demise, didnt think I had to be THAT specific but in the future I will spell it out and type a lil slower for those of you that can t keep up.

Define majority?

There are Jets' generations that do not know what it is like to have a team in the Superbowl. It is literally a dying breed.

The Rai-duhs are a mere 11 years from their last appearance.

The Jets are in a small group (Lions, Browns, Jags & Texans) who have not at least been to the Superbowl since their last appearance.

Our demise started when Rex and the Jets FO did not see or address the weakness of the Jets QB position in years 1 and 2 under Rex, and instead made bad decisions (keeping the busted Sanchez for too long, signing Tebow, drafting Geno Smith, signing Mike Dogkiller, etc.)

Until the Jets address the QB position, it won't matter what else they do.  Period. 

The Tebow signing perpetuated the circus but the team was already in decline at that point.   They closed the 2011 season with 3 losses where Sanchez couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.   Stanton was probably not the long term answer but possibly could have offered an alternative when Sanchez went into one of his funks.  

If anything, I think trying to replace Woody with Wayne Hunter was the big mistake.   It's the same mistake the Jets made when Kareem McKenzie left via FA.   When you have a marginal QB (sanchez), you need to give him every chance to succeed.   in mark's case that meant time in the pocket and a dominant running game to set of the play-action pass.  

The Tebow signing perpetuated the circus but the team was already in decline at that point.   They closed the 2011 season with 3 losses where Sanchez couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.   Stanton was probably not the long term answer but possibly could have offered an alternative when Sanchez went into one of his funks.  

If anything, I think trying to replace Woody with Wayne Hunter was the big mistake.   It's the same mistake the Jets made when Kareem McKenzie left via FA.   When you have a marginal QB (sanchez), you need to give him every chance to succeed.   in mark's case that meant time in the pocket and a dominant running game to set of the play-action pass.  

Tanny just wasn't a skilled enough GM to figure out how to reload.  We got old at WR fast - Bray, Holmes and Keller all went from heroes to zeroes overnight.  The Jets were a car wreck and Tim Tebow was a barrel of napalm that was poured over it.  FU Woody.

Archived