Sounds like Rex Ryan will eschew his many future Head Coaching offers to work for ESPN

T0mShane

How great would it be to have Rex replace Gruden in that 1-on-1 segment he does with QB every year around draft time. Priceless ******* entertainment right thurrrrr...

Now that I would pay money to see. Interview with Marcus Mariotta , Marcus what's your technique for handing the ball off . Tell me about timeouts , I have a bugger of a time understanding how to use them. 

Shane will paint this as "rex can't get another job" But if someone was going to pay you 3 mil to not coach, you'd take it. And then the extra salary from ESPN on top. It's money for nothing and the chicks for free.

Rex being an ESPN analyst doesn't make the Jets better.

Shane will paint this as "rex can't get another job" But if someone was going to pay you 3 mil to not coach, you'd take it. And then the extra salary from ESPN on top. It's money for nothing and the chicks for free.

Also, doesn't want to beg Marvin Lewis for a LB coach job.

No reason not to try TV for a year to see if he likes it while collecting his salary from Woody.

What sort of opportunities is John Idzik looking at?

I agree. rex will have the sport networks in a bidding war for his services. a complete bidding war. he might not be offered a head coaching gig(but that's not completely out of the question, either) he will be offered numerous defensive coordinator positions. basically, its his choice of many options on what he wants to do next year. idzik would be lucky to find a job proof reading contracts

The "Rex Will Instantly Get Another Head Coaching Job" narrative is one of the funniest I've heard in years.

No one is hiring Rex to be a Head Coach again, and certainly not right after he is fired.

The Booth, or a D-Position Coach spot, are his only job options the day he is fired.

The "Rex Will Instantly Get Another Head Coaching Job" narrative is one of the funniest I've heard in years.

No one is hiring Rex to be a Head Coach again, and certainly not right after he is fired.

The Booth, or a D-Position Coach spot, are his only job options the day he is fired.

Not even a DC job?  A D-Position is the best he can get?  DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. rex will have the sport networks in a bidding war for his services. a complete bidding war. he might not be offered a head coaching gig(but that's not completely out of the question, either) he will be offered numerous defensive coordinator positions. basically, its his choice of many options on what he wants to do next year. idzik would be lucky to find a job proof reading contracts

Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin, Cris Carter and Deion Sanders have lifelong contracts and none of them can even speak passable English. And they get promoted over guys like Scott and Eric Allen, who actually have something insightful to add. In short, being a babbling loudmouth pays better.

Idzik has a bright future scrubbing public toilets in subway stations after holiday weekends.

Ray Lewis, Michael Irvin, Cris Carter and Deion Sanders have lifelong contracts and none of them can even speak passable English. And they get promoted over guys like Scott and Eric Allen, who actually have something insightful to add. In short, being a babbling loudmouth pays better.

Idzik has a bright future scrubbing public toilets in subway stations after holiday weekends.

rex might break their bank. he is a walking headline/punchline

That would be the best possible scenario.  We're already dealing with Revis winning the SB in New England with a guy who was our HC for a day vs. Mark Sanchez with the Eagles and Pettine quickly becoming the best Head Coach in Football.  I'd hate to see him coaching some other team to greatness.  Jets fans deal with enough of that type of stuff as it is.  

Although, I'd have a perma bone dog if he took over the Gators.

Really tho?

I don't see Rex being great on TV.

Disagree. Rex is a natural for television and will be handed a high profile job.

Excluding the expansion of Fox Sports, what job currently held by someone else do people think Rex will be given?

Worst one was Shannon "I spit as I talk" Sharpe. Holy hell it was like he was speaking a different language at times. I was only ever able to understand like 1 out of every 4 words that came out of his mouth.

Rex on the other hand, I think would be great on TV. He's got a good humorous personality which will attract viewers. 

I avoided this thread for a long time, but I came to give props to the English Lit major for using "eschew" in the thread title. 

LOL @ Gato neg repping a LOL post... what a gonad.

IMO all LOL posts deserve neg rep. 

Worst one was Shannon "I spit as I talk" Sharpe. Holy hell it was like he was speaking a different language at times. I was only ever able to understand like 1 out of every 4 words that came out of his mouth.

Rex on the other hand, I think would be great on TV. He's got a good humorous personality which will attract viewers. 

Hearing Charley Casserley try to say Tomlinson's first name was pure gold.

I avoided this thread for a long time, but I came to give props to the English Lit major for using "eschew" in the thread title. 

IMO all LOL posts deserve neg rep. 

Hearing Charley Casserley try to say Tomlinson's first name was pure gold.

what did you think of cumberlands block monday night ?  cheap shot ?   ok ?

what did you think of cumberlands block monday night ?  cheap shot ?   ok ?

Eh.  I don't think it was okay.  I think of it more as unintentional cheap shot.  I didn't watch the many replays and study it, but I felt he tried to dive in front of the guy.  Those cut blocks are pretty much standard practice and I am guessing that he thought he would get in front of Wake.  It was Wake, right?  I'm assuming the ref thought it came from the side or that he got his head in front.  That is one of those things you can get away with on a D lineman, but if you flick Brady in the same spot you'll be suspended.  What did you think of it?  

Eh.  I don't think it was okay.  I think of it more as unintentional cheap shot.  I didn't watch the many replays and study it, but I felt he tried to dive in front of the guy.  Those cut blocks are pretty much standard practice and I am guessing that he thought he would get in front of Wake.  It was Wake, right?  I'm assuming the ref thought it came from the side or that he got his head in front.  That is one of those things you can get away with on a D lineman, but if you flick Brady in the same spot you'll be suspended.  What did you think of it?  

txs

yeah it was wake

he got his helmet in front of the leg, just barely, in a perfect world he would get him higher up on the leg, he basically seemed to get him right on the knee which makes you wince

txs

yeah it was wake

he got his helmet in front of the leg, just barely, in a perfect world he would get him higher up on the leg, he basically seemed to get him right on the knee which makes you wince

What did you think? 

Good call - at the 3:56 mark...  :rl:

It didn't get any better.  That was a truncated version.  By the time Tomlinson got to the Jets he had added several syllables.  None were actually in the guy's name. 

Archived