TMZ, Citing Unnamed Redskins Player: ‘Playing with RG3 Has Been a Nightmare’

TuscanyTile2

I guess this means he'll probably be a Jet next year.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/12/06/tmz-citing-unnamed-redskins-player-playing-with-rg3-has-been-a-nightmare/

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – So, TMZ Sports is getting a piece of the unnamed Redskins sources action.

Either late Friday night or early Saturday morning — depending on how you look at it — TMZ published a report, citing a player “who spoke with us on the condition of anonymity,” alleging no one in the Redskins locker room believes in Robert Griffin III anymore.

The player — who spoke with us on the condition of anonymity — says playing with RG3 has been a nightmare this season … and the locker room has lost faith in the QB.

“No one is happy … no one gets the hype around him anymore,” the player source told TMZ.

But it’s not so much what Griffin does (or doesn’t do) on the field, but rather how he behaves off it that has his teammates bothered, according to TMZ.

“He’s secluded and it affects us in the game,” the source told TMZ. “We don’t have that real rapport. He’s lost confidence and is complacent now.”

That player source had one final dagger to weave in.

“I don’t see him being in the NFL for that long,” he who shall remain unnamed told TMZ. “I think he goes into politics. He’s good at that kinda thing.”

Read the rest at the URL.

“He’s secluded and it affects us in the game,” the source told TMZ. “We don’t have that real rapport. He’s lost confidence and is complacent now.”

This article could've been written about Geno. The QB position is about so much more than physical ability. The guy has to be strong mentally, and has to be a strong leader. I'd like to think the Jets have learned that lesson the hard way, and won't be one of the teams looking at RGIII.

This could be another example of what's going on in Seattle where these intelligent and articulate QBs are not the normal moron football player, then they are just not black enough.

Honestly, the Redskins are a joke. The entire roster is garbage. Their best player (Orakpo) has been injured the last several years and the only player on that team worth his contract is Alfred Morris.

This is exactly why you draft him. The players love him, they would follow that dude anywhere.  There are a bunch of other reasons you wouldn't draft him, but being secluded and not a leader is not one of them.

If you think Jameis Winston is going to work his way into the respect of an NFL locker room then what exactly don't you like about him. 

If you think Jameis Winston is going to work his way into the respect of an NFL locker room then what exactly don't you like about him. 

Same things I don't like about most 20-year old QBs with strong arms heading to the NFL: immaturity, trust in their arm, ability to handle millions of dollars etc.  I think all of his tools clearly outweigh them, but there's obviously reservations about every QB selection outside of Andrew Luck.

This is exactly why you draft him. The players love him, they would follow that dude anywhere.  There are a bunch of other reasons you wouldn't draft him, but being secluded and not a leader is not one of them.

A team leader who supplies the crab legs, purple drank and willing females (well almost willing) can get his team mates to run through walls for him.  Winston all the way based on this.

I absolutely loved this guy at Baylor and even went as far as rating him as the best QB of his draft class - ahead of Luck and Wilson. Incredible talent and a sound mind.

I just don't get what's happened to him. Talent doesn't evaporate overnight. His off the field commercial interests shouldn't be an issue; we see other prominent NFL players involved in the same things.

He seems to have fallen out with some of the other players; perhaps he wasn't keen on sitting out for Cousins. Gruden's desire to use Cousins is well documented, he basically sees him as another Andy Dalton. Being in and out of the team doesn't help either, although how much of that blame can be attributed to him? His previous coaches insisted on playing him even when he wasn't fully healthy.

The whole thing is a complete cluster****. I don't know if Washington is willing to cut ties that easily though, seeing how they practically mortgaged their near term future to land him.

That said, if he is officially on the block for a reasonable price, this is definitely a player i'd take a chance on. He has talent in spades, and i'm sure he could still have a great career under the right coach.

I absolutely loved this guy at Baylor and even went as far as rating him as the best QB of his draft class - ahead of Luck and Wilson. Incredible talent and a sound mind.

I just don't get what's happened to him. Talent doesn't evaporate overnight. His off the field commercial interests shouldn't be an issue; we see other prominent NFL players involved in the same things.

He seems to have fallen out with some of the other players; perhaps he wasn't keen on sitting out for Cousins. Gruden's desire to use Cousins is well documented, he basically sees him as another Andy Dalton. Being in and out of the team doesn't help either, although how much of that blame can be attributed to him? His previous coaches insisted on playing him even when he wasn't fully healthy.

The whole thing is a complete cluster****. I don't know if Washington is willing to cut ties that easily though, seeing how they practically mortgaged their near term future to land him.

That said, if he is officially on the block for a reasonable price, this is definitely a player i'd take a chance on. He has talent in spades, and i'm sure he could still have a great career under the right coach.

I loved him out of Baylor as well, but in retrospect, look at that team though.   I liked Luck better, but RGIII was extremely high, and I would've traded all of our picks for him if I could.  

His sophomore season, he was throwing to 4 guys that ended up in the NFL, in Josh Gordon, Terrance Williams, Kendal Wright, and Tevin Reese, with a good RB in Gannaway (we drafted him).  

His Junior Year, had the same crew but Gordon was kicked out.  

As far as weapons go, that team was just loaded the last two years he was there.  Add in a system that has easy reads left and right, and his athletic ability, and it was no wonder he looked unstoppable there.  Heck, Geno had basically two guys that were drafted at WV and he looked like a monster, while RGIII had 4 guys plus RBs and OL that were drafted, fairly high too I believe.   

He's nowhere near as explosive as he was in his rookie year, and I think that hurts him when it comes to passing.  Similar to Vick, once he went outside the pocket in his rookie year, he was a threat to make a big running play, but now, he gets chased down consistently, like he's running at half speed.  I'm guessing this is because of his injuries, and if he doesn't regain his explosiveness, then I think he's going to be pretty much what we saw this year.  Without defenses worried sick about his running ability, they can play further back in coverage or more man coverage and he can't burn them with his arm nearly as often.  And the cast sucks as well.  

I think the issue with the other players is more towards the fame that RGIII has when he really hasn't done anything in the league.  He's too famous and influential with the media and within the team for someone who is actually been mediocre for two years now after a great rookie season.  Shannahan probably screwed him by having him come back early from the injury that year.  I don't remember hearing any of these problems while he was in college though, infact I think everyone praised his leadership abilities and how humble he was (very similar to Mariotta).  

I would take him for the right price, but I'm sure some team will overpay for him, and I don't want to be that team as of right now.  If we don't have a shot at either of the top two QBs in the draft, then I'd go and take a shot and see if we can pair him up with a Cooper, Decker, Harvin crew.  

RG III has not had one of the best situations in Washington and I'll bet its taken its toll on him mentally. First the Shannahan debacle could not have had a good effect and I think RgIII probably views the organization like a circus and wants out. that's no excuse for secluding yourself but everyone reacts in Different ways and I think the guy just needs out of there. A fresh start might work wonders it might not either way they need to get what they can for him and move on. Not sure on his contact status but either way he needs out

the only way to bring in RG3 is to bring in Art Briles from Baylor as well.  

RG3, like Cutler, is a coach killer.  

He played pretty damn good his first year then Shanny sh*t the bed and RG III may have very well been caught up in all that mess. The coach gave up RG III felt the effects.

Archived