The New York Jets 2015 Offseason Activity Thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New York Jets Offseason Activity 2015 ---------------COACHING STAFF/FRONT OFFICE---------------- The Jets have hired/contracted with former NFL General Managers Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf as con

---------------LOSSES---------------- -- The Jets have fired General Manager John Idzik & Head Coach Rex Ryan. (12/28)   Rex Ryan hired by Buffalo Bills as Head Coach (1/10).   ==============

Kyle Wilson is too slow to pack groceries

Jets will not have a 4th or 6th (depending on details) because of the Percy Harvin trade. I would hope it's a 6th.

Yep details will be added shortly, once I know if Max wants/approves of a sticky thread like this.

I ran one on JI for years, folks seemed to like it. Once I hear from Max I'll start populating all the details, providing sources, etc.

• Upvote 2

Yep details will be added shortly, once I know if Max wants/approves of a sticky thread like this.

I ran one on JI for years, folks seemed to like it. Once I hear from Max I'll start populating all the details, providing sources, etc.

Thank you for doing this.

• Upvote 1

Good thread, I've tried to do this for us here in the past, but always fall behind. Thanks for doing it!

• 2 weeks later...

---------------LOSSES----------------

-- The Jets have fired General Manager John Idzik & Head Coach Rex Ryan. (12/28)

Rex Ryan hired by Buffalo Bills as Head Coach (1/10).

===============================================================================

Shouldn't the above be listed in the GAINS section

• Upvote 3

Pay hikes for Demario Davis, Antonio Allen

January, 16, 2015
Jan 16
11:45
AM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

One of the perks of the NFL's rookie wage scale is that it rewards lower draft picks with pay raises if they meet a certain playing-time standard. Such is the case with a couple of defensive players on the New York Jets, linebacker Demario Davis and defensive back Antonio Allen.

Players drafted between round three to seven in 2012 get pay raises of close to $1 million if they played 35 percent of the offensive or defensive snaps in two of the last three years.

Instead of earning $660,000 in 2015, Davis -- a former third-round pick -- will draw a base salary of $1.524 million. He easily qualified, having played in 95 percent and 99 percent of the snaps in 2013 and 2014, respectively.

Because he's a former seventh-round pick, Allen gets a slightly larger bump, going from $660,000 to $1.574 million. He played in 49 percent and 50 percent over the last two years.

Both players will be free agents after 2015.

Whoever we get in the offseason, we gotta beat the Giants this year in the regular season- can't stand listening to those 'fans' talk about how they're New York's real fb team

Don't worry. We're signing Matt Moore and drafting another defensive linemen in rd 1. Watch out giants and pats

---------------LOSSES----------------

-- The Jets have fired General Manager John Idzik & Head Coach Rex Ryan. (12/28)

Rex Ryan hired by Buffalo Bills as Head Coach (1/10).

===============================================================================

Shouldn't the above be listed in the GAINS section

Agree

In.fact every one of the losses, especially Snow WRECKS taking his seven sycophant dwarfs with him to open his new clown show in Buffalo.

• Upvote 2

Howards giant, over-paying contract won't yield us a comp pick?

Comp picks are awarded after seeing what teams gains and losses in FA are. If we lose a level 2 FA, for example) and sign a FA of equal or greater value,

we would not get a comp. Think of a big beam scale(from your days weighing out the reefer mon!) FA gains on 1 side, FA losses on the other. Subtract and if you end up in the negative column you MAY get a comp pick because it's an arbitrary decision made by the league offices.

Potential updates for the "rest of the coaching staff"

Vanderbilt OC Karl Dorrell expected to join Todd Bowles with Jets as QB coach. #NFL

Bowles is hiring former Vikings TE coach Jimmie Johnson as the #Jets TE coach... I'm good with anyone named Jimmie Johnson. #NYJ

Potential updates for the "rest of the coaching staff"

Steven Liberman@StevenLiberman 4h4 hours ago

Vanderbilt OC Karl Dorrell expected to join Todd Bowles with Jets as QB coach. #NFL

Shawn Farash@Shawn_Farash 4h4 hours ago

Bowles is hiring former Vikings TE coach Jimmie Johnson as the #Jets TE coach... I'm good with anyone named Jimmie Johnson. #NYJ

Don't know much about these candidates, thanks for the update however.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...