The remaining critical moves (dropping dead weight - merged)

JohnnyLV

Sanjay Lal -fired

David Lee- fired

Jets should cover plane tickets to Buffalo

Terry Bradway - mutually agreed parting of ways

I won't get over my worry for our new direction until the worst QB coach and WR coach are gone.

Number of wildcat plays I want to see next year: ZERO

Really excited about Bowles. First coach hiring I am close to 100% in favor of, after hearing his players talk about him. He could be special, and let's hope Arians offensive thoughts have become his thoughts on offense.

Arizona East would not be a bad model for a football team

Sanjay Lal -fired

David Lee- fired

I won't get over my worry for our new direction until the worst QB coach and WR coach are gone.

Really excited about Bowles. First coach hiring I am close to 100% in favor of, after hearing his players talk about him. He could be special, and let's hope Arians offensive thoughts have become his thoughts on offense.

If I see a wildcat play, the person responsible should be fired on the spot. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Only guy we should retain is Dunbar wouldnt mind Bowles offering Dunbar the DC job its about time the guy got a shot with his great track record handling the defenive line

I definitely want Dunbar retained, if Bowles thinks he can do the job then definitely promote him. Dunbar was the only coach that had his players ready to go every single week from the starters down to the back ups. You dont let guys go like that.

I definitely want Dunbar retained, if Bowles thinks he can do the job then definitely promote him. Dunbar was the only coach that had his players ready to go every single week from the starters down to the back ups. You dont let guys go like that.

I believe he's shuffled off to Buffalo and with the rest of the side show employees

Falcons refuse to give us a shot at their guy because they are hurt over Bowles.

They refused requests for all coaches under contract for non head.coach interviews.

I don't think the Mike Tice denial or any.of them had anything to do with us

Sanjay Lal -fired

David Lee- fired

You know, I was thinking before I logged in, about how some posters just say things. And here you were. Sanjay Lal and David Lee are the two worst coaches of their positions in football. Right.

Sanjay Lal -fired

David Lee- fired

Hmmm Arizona East that team has always been the most successful when it gets itself a veteran PROVEN QB, which is what the Jets should also do next season, and dump Geno Smith.

I don't think they need to "fire" any remaining coaches.  Everyone that was there at the end of the year has basically been dissolved, right?

dont know,,coach staffs/HC contracts dont always match up.

If new GM 'thinks' any coach still under cintract has value, he will at least block him until new HC has chance to interview him, aka what Falcons are doing. Falcons telling some coaches 'you can leave' while otehrs are being told 'you are under contract and cant leave until new HC is named and decides your fate' (Jets asking fpor Atlanta ST coach and being denied is example)

I know, even signed Brad Smith to run it. It was a fad back then. If this guy is as offensively skilled as he's being touted then he should know that they 2 years of the wildcat is long gone and the read option as a whole is on the way out as well.

So then if Marcus Mariota falls to 6 the Jets should pass on him since he is a read option QB? I don't happen to think Mariota is that good myself. I would prefer Bryce Petty. More pro style thrower and pocket passer than Mariota who will take a year or so to get that college junk out of his system. Read option is killing college QB's for the NFL.

So then if Marcus Mariota falls to 6 the Jets should pass on him since he is a read option QB? I don't happen to think Mariota is that good myself. I would prefer Bryce Petty. More pro style thrower and pocket passer than Mariota who will take a year or so to get that college junk out of his system. Read option is killing college QB's for the NFL.

Bryce Petty has an arm, but he's not the most accurate guy I've seen. He is a pro style thrower though. Truth be told, I think that with this new front office and OC in particular, Maybe Geno should get a clean slate. Truth is truth, Rex and Marty did nothing positive on any level of the offense. With Chan Gailey having an offense with a spread concept, maybe it would be a spark of life for that entire offense. Remember Geno was one of the best air raid QB's in the college game, Jace Amaro came from an Air raid type offense from Texas Tech. This is why I feel like Todd Bowles has really done his homework in relevance to the talent he already has on the team. A lot of our key players on offense comes from a spread offense that his new OC runs. Truth be told, Mariota comes from a spread offense so he could even run it. With that said, you dont need to draft Mariota if you think that Geno was simply mishandled, which I think he was. Geno isn't the best QB in the league, but no one under Rex's regime did anything positive in developing Geno. I think Geno can be an NFL quarterback, just give him the opportunity to do what he's good at. 

Rarely have I ever felt so strongly about an assistant coach below the coordinator level. Not a single Jets WR has improved even one iota during his tenure. I am optimistic about Todd Bowles. Skeptical about Gailey. Lal has gotta go... like yesterday.

Archived