Frank Gore to Philly

JetBlue

Didn't see this anywhere; sorry if it's already posted.  

Kiki Alonzo

Byron Maxwell

Now Frank Gore

Wow gotta say Chip Kelly sprinted out gate so far.... 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12445109/frank-gore-plans-sign-philadelphia-eagles

Free-agent running back Frank Gore has told people he will sign this week with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources.

Barring a breakdown in talks, Gore is expected to sign a three-year deal in which $7.5 million in the first two years is guaranteed.

Kiki Alonzo

Byron Maxwell

Now Frank Gore

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12445109/frank-gore-plans-sign-philadelphia-eagles

Free-agent running back Frank Gore has told people he will sign this week with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources.

Barring a breakdown in talks, Gore is expected to sign a three-year deal in which $7.5 million in the first two years is guaranteed.

I cannot remember a single year in which the big spending team in FA won jack.

A couple of years ago the Dolphins were this team, signing guys like Ellerbe and Mike Wallace with fat contracts left and right. I think they're cutting all those guys this year, and if not, it's only because the contracts are so awful that they are stuck with them.

I cannot remember a single year in which the big spending team in FA won jack.

A couple of years ago the Dolphins were this team, signing guys like Ellerbe and Mike Wallace with fat contracts left and right. I think they're cutting all those guys this year, and if not, it's only because the contracts are so awful that they are stuck with them.

the Eagles did it a couple years ago with the "dream team" and fell flat on their face, Redskins did it twice also

Yeah but the only big contract here is Maxwell.  Gore and Alonzo, especially Alzono are very good deals financially. I don't know how any of this will pan out, just making the point the Kelly is making a lot of bold moves, for better or worse. 

We'll see how this works out for them.  Most likely, it won't.  Didn't work out the last time the Eagles tried the whole "dream team" thing, nor did it work for Washington the couple of times they tried it during the early days of Snyder's reign over the team.

We'll see how this works out for them. Most likely, it won't. Didn't work out the last time the Eagles tried the whole "dream team" thing, nor did it work for Washington the couple of times they tried it during the early days of Snyder's reign over the team.

Yes...Nnamdi looked worse than Darren Walls that year

Kiki Alonzo

Byron Maxwell

Now Frank Gore

yeah and I think kelly can probably sprint faster than Gore.

Loved Gore throughout his career hes a damn good back but hes often injured and well past his prime.

yeah and I think kelly can probably sprint faster than Gore.

Loved Gore throughout his career hes a damn good back but hes often injured and well past his prime.

Hasn't been injured since 2010.

I think its a great move. Philly OL, when healthy, is legit and Gore averaged 4.3 ypc on 200+ carries last year. He can still play.

Hasn't been injured since 2010.

I think its a great move. Philly OL, when healthy, is legit and Gore averaged 4.3 ypc on 200+ carries last year. He can still play.

He may have not missed games since 2010 but has left numerous games early and was banged up quite a bit. Last year he rarely played in 4th quarters

Gore is still effective and it's really just a two year deal. Plus he splits carries with Sproles.

He'll be 32 once the season starts. And Sproles has averaged 52 carries a season the last three years. He's also 32. When the combined age of your top two running backs is 64, you have some problems. Will you still need me; will you still feed me, when I'm 64?

So they're adding an ancient frank gore to replace mccoy and they're letting maclin go on the same day they resigned Sanchez. ....

Chip Kelly has gone from mad genius to just flat out mad.

Agree. Gore has been great but he's way up there in age. Maclin was their top pass catcher, he's gone. Maxwell should be a good signing though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

He'll be 32 once the season starts. And Sproles has averaged 52 carries a season the last three years. He's also 32. When the combined age of your top two running backs is 64, you have some problems. Will you still need me; will you still feed me, when I'm 64?

And none of that matters when they're both productive next season. Ya feels?

And none of that matters when they're both productive next season. Ya feels?

History goes against that notion. All old RBs are productive until they fall off an age cliff. The number of RBs that remained productive at age 32 is something you can count on one hand.

Kiki Alonzo

Byron Maxwell

Now Frank Gore

Yeah but he lost Maclin and Shady...

I would say total - in the negative column for Chip.

Yeah but he lost Maclin and Shady...

I would say total - in the negative column for Chip.

Maybe not.  I think this guy believes he can score 28 points a game with just about anyone but he really needed to shore up their defense.  With Gore he also added some much needed toughness and someone to get those tough yards.   Granted I think McCoy and Maclin will do very well on their new respective teams but I don't think they will take too much of a hit with them leaving.  Remember they still have Sproles and Jordan Matthews among others.  Both of whom will probably have bigger roles now. 

Maybe not.  I think this guy believes he can score 28 points a game with just about anyone but he really needed to shore up their defense.  With Gore he also added some much needed toughness and someone to get those tough yards.   Granted I think McCoy and Maclin will do very well on their new respective teams but I don't think they will take too much of a hit with them leaving.  Remember they still have Sproles and Jordan Matthews among others.  Both of whom will probably have bigger roles now. 

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure I buy into the whole "system" thing.

They said that about Foles - The system is QB proof etc...until they had Sanchez starting and then fell apart.  This is the NFL you need good players...losing Shady, Maclin and giving up DeSean the year before - would be a tough pill for me to take if I were an Eagle fan.

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure I buy into the whole "system" thing.

They said that about Foles - The system is QB proof etc...until they had Sanchez starting and then fell apart.  This is the NFL you need good players...losing Shady, Maclin and giving up DeSean the year before - would be a tough pill for me to take if I were an Eagle fan.

I would agree with you; that is alot of offensive firepower to basically let walk out the door (or in Desean's case shoved out the door).  

Kiki Alonzo

Byron Maxwell

Now Frank Gore

Its looking like free agency is over before it even started lol .

Archived