Pretty much a lock we go olb at #6

Obrien2Toon

Mariota is going #2. Jets should get Cooper if he's there at 6. Continue to build around the future QB. Jets are getting Hundley in rd 2.

Hundley may not make it to round two.   I don't see us going wide out anymore but I could be wrong; I think we take the edge rusher (I prefer Beasley as he isn't a one trick pony and has great speed) and go for the receiver in round 2 or 3 because can now afford to take a developmental prospect because we are set with Marshall, Decker, Kerley even Owuso, plus the rookies from last year.  I think we might take a shot at a Garrett Grayson in the 3rd assuming he is there.  I see us going running back with our 4th.... 

I'm actually hopeful that the Jet's can trade up to #3 if Tennessee doesn't take Mariota. Even if we don't love him we have to take that chance. We've added enough talent this year to guarantee a mid round pic next year. Strike now while in top 5 range.

HELL NO.

Edge rushers and wide receivers are going to be hot commodities for the #6 pick.

Teams that think they are 1 player away will be motivated to move up. 

If not, I'm content to keep it and take Cooper or White, or the best OLB possible. Has to be a 3-down instant starter type of guy though, imo.

Beasley fits the bill...

If Mariota was so good he wouldnt be around at 6.  I mean i think we have pretty much admitted hat despite Winston's off the field issues he is the better QB and will be gone at number 1.  I have no problem drafting him if they feel they can develop him properly.  However if Philly wants to give us a ton for Mariota we better take it and run because that would be the biggest heist of the decade

I think we need to bait Cleveland or New Orleans into trading for our #6 pick. We can get Dorial Green-Beckham and a OLB/pass rusher this way. It makes so much sense to do this rather than betting on just one player. We could give up our first and possibly a 6th rounder for their two first round picks.

I think this just takes Trae Waynes off the board at 6.  I can still see some draft day movement, esp given today's QB carousel'ing; there's a good chance we're not even picking at 6.  At which point, you have to consider OL.  WR still isn't off the board for me--though we can obv. wait until the second or third round, and this is a rich year for RBs.  It'd be neat to get a high-profile RB cherry-picked by Gailey to run his offense. 

Waynes is a reach.  You cannot reach at 6.  Plus they do not need him now.  WR also might be off the board. I think they go for a burner further down in the draft.  Edge rusher will probably be the pick.  You got a 6, a shot at a real impact player.  Gotta make the pick.  We have some old front line players now.  We need to pile up some young front line ones fast.  I think they go OL 2nd.  QB 3rd and speedy wideout 4.    Or QB prospect 4  and the wideout 3rd. 

I am still not ruling out the Iowa lineman. We can plug him in at RG right away and have a bad ass offensive line. In case you guys haven't noticed, some of best pass rushes in football now reside in our division, and we don't have a trustworthy QB. Build a bully O Line and let's run the rock.

I am still not ruling out the Iowa lineman. We can plug him in at RG right away and have a bad ass offensive line. In case you guys haven't noticed, some of best pass rushes in football now reside in our division, and we don't have a trustworthy QB. Build a bully O Line and let's run the rock.

If we don't upgrade the OL we are staring at another 4-12 season.

I didn't want to start a new topic, but based on the responses... are there any scenarios we hate in the draft? If we like the guard, we like the WR's, and the OLBer's is this truly a win win? We become great at everything exept QB?

My thoughts exactly, although I guess Mariota isn't out of the question yet because we don't know how Mac/Bowles/Gailey feel about him. Trading back is still a possibility.

Even with Beardpatrick on the roster, we may draft Marriotta if available. You don't get #6 overalls every year and you don't get to pick a QB once slated to go first overall that often. I say we take our chance on Marriotta and then trade down in round 2 to pick up a traded away draft choice(s).

If we pass up on Marriotta n trade down with him being there at #6, we better get a huge compensation to where we can pick up an extra 2nd to revamp the OL.

I didn't want to start a new topic, but based on the responses... are there any scenarios we hate in the draft? If we like the guard, we like the WR's, and the OLBer's is this truly a win win? We become great at everything exept QB?

It almost got us to the SB in 2009 and 2010 and Fitz is about as good as Sanchez was in those days especially if we build the OL and get a running game .

I honestly think if Mariota is at 6, there is no way to pass on him. I'm assuming we bring in Fitz to compete with Geno. That way Mariota won't have to take the field at all for a minimum of one year.

If Philly moves ahead then it means they have mortgaged their next two drafts then we go OLB, with an eye on Hundley maybe.

Hundley at #6? Have you seen him play? Atrocious QB skills in every respect. He will never come close to being a decent NFL QB.

Archived