Predict the first six picks

Joe Jets fan

Everyone has ideas what will happen tomorrow.  Lets see who can predict not only the Jets pick but the first six picks. 

You dont have to list who makes the pick, just who gets picked 1 - 6.

1st   Winston

2nd  Mariota

3rd   Fowler

4th   Cooper

5th   Williams

6th   White

Someone, some how is going to trade up to #2 and take Mariota but it will not be the Jets.  The Jets stand pat and take a game changing WR.   

Winston, Mariota, Williams, Cooper, Fowler, White. Unless Jets trade down for a RB or OT. I see the first five sitting pat because of the prohibitive cost of moving up and I don't think EVERYONE is sold on Mariota or Winston as franchise QB's. This is not the movie Draft Day - which was ludicrous, but entertaining - where guys move up and down the board in spontaneous draft trades. I think the Jets could be the first to move from their spot. Cleveland would want White badly as they have no one at WR and need to help the little a$$hole Manziel - or whoever their pathetic QB is - so that might be a possibility. The Jets would grab Todd Gurley at 12.

1. Mariota (Bucs shock everybody)

2. Winston

3. Fowler

4. Cooper

5. Leonard Williams (Washington trades the pick to Browns for their two round one picks.)

6. Beasley (White is the dark horse here but going with Vic Beasley)

Winston - Bucs

Williams - Titans, they hired Dick LeBeau to take care of their defense, why wouldn't they take the best DE and maybe best player in this draft?

Fowler - Jaguars, let need be the tie-breaker, they bought heavy on WR last draft and need to improved that defense for Gus Bradley 

Cooper - Raiders, they'd be crazy not to

Beasley - New Orleans, they have a hard-on for the OLB and want to get him before the Jets who broadcast that they want OLB not QB the past few weeks

Mariota - Eagles, things break right and the Eagles can actually afford the #6 overall pick

#1 Tampa Bay - Winston

#2 NY Jets - Mariota

Jets trade what it takes to move up, select the future QB.

Who cares about 3 thru 6 after that tbh.

Don;t support it, but I'm really starting to think this is whats going to happen, and we're going to pay.

And pay alot, to make this happen.

Williams has been compared to Reggie White and Winston to JaMarcus Russell, yes I'm serious.

I'm fully aware of Leonard's current talent level and potential, as well as what people are saying about the two prospects. I just think it's ludicrous that the Bucs don't take Winston.

Compare Jameis to Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell; hell compare him to me for all I care. Opinions don't shape careers on the field. 

I'm fully aware of Leonard's current talent level and potential, as well as what people are saying about the two prospects. I just think it's ludicrous that the Bucs don't take Winston.

Compare Jameis to Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell; hell compare him to me for all I care. Opinions don't shape careers on the field.

Tampa might be dumb enough to pass on Williams but I don't think they will.

Tampa might be dumb enough to pass on Williams but I don't think they will.

Or they may decide that when you have the opportunity to take a QB with Jameis' potential without having to give up assets, you take it. A QB breathes much more life into a franchise and team than does a LB- even with Leanoard's potential. 

Or they may decide that when you have the opportunity to take a QB with Jameis' potential without having to give up assets, you take it. A QB breathes much more life into a franchise and team than does a LB- even with Leanoard's potential.

Not worth the risk. Why to many question marks on and off the field.

I'd rather take a chance on a potential stud LB then a potential bust QB.

A good QB, a bad QB can deep six you very badly, even now when contracts are much better, you still have a commitment to them. 

A good QB, a bad QB can deep six you very badly, even now when contracts are much better, you still have a commitment to them. 

Not worth the risk. Why to many question marks on and off the field.

I'd rather take a chance on a potential stud LB then a potential bust QB.

If the Bucs are operating under the assumption that Jameis is 100% bust, then yes it'd be stupid of them to forgo Leonard Williams.

Problem is, no one is assuming that because for whatever off the field issues Jameis has had, his on field production and ability is second to no one in this draft. 

If the Bucs are operating under the assumption that Jameis is 100% bust, then yes it'd be stupid of them to forgo Leonard Williams.

Problem is, no one is assuming that because for whatever off the field issues Jameis has had, his on field production and ability is second to no one in this draft.

His on field issues are the problem.

Yes, his on field and off field issues are the reason he's an almost consensus #1 overall pick this year.

He's might be number because this is one of the worse years for drafting a QB.

Anyway we're hijacking this thread. It's about the first six picks not a debate over how bad Winston sucks.

He's might be number because this is one of the worse years for drafting a QB.

It might be, or it might not be. You're under the assumption that like you, the Bucs feel Jameis sucks on and off the field.

I'm just telling you I disagree completely with you, and that even if the Bucs felt that way, they'd take a king's ransom from some other team and move back- still making Jameis the #1 pick. The reason: because all opinions aside, on the field, he's been the best and most productive player in this draft; and he happens to play the most important position. 

No it isn't like that, he is not 100% and the fact he is the best Qb in the draft doesn't mean shi* if the Qb class is bad.

I have no doubt they will draft him because they have a real need but elevating the quality of QB's just because of need or the fact there are not a lot of good one in this draft is faulty.  You take this tact and and you get the gabberts, ponders, lockers.  All QBs forced up the board due to need in which teams convinces themselves they were better than they are.

I think Winston is the best QB in this draft, he looks the part, looks like a pro QB on the field and has priced under pressure.  He has also turned the ball over way too much and still sounds immature, even when keeping his nose clean.

T.B. will pick him but it should not be a slam dunk.

Archived