New deal for Darius, does it impact Mo?

AFJF

You guys need to get used to seeing these types of contracts.  They're going to be more and more common.  Especially for the premier players in the league. He's the nucleus of what they do and one of the best players in the NFL.  59k in guarantees for Suh.  They basically gave him the same contract, a little less money over the length, a little more guaranteed.

Same contract as Suh I believe.

Yep.  Exactly.  This is going to be the norm.  The sticker shock everyone is going through right now...just wait till we start seeing it.

Hell, look at what David Harris got this year.  You dont think Mac tested the going market for him?  And he's nothing special.  

Why does everyone try to compare Mo to guys like Suh & Darius?

Mo is not nearly as disruptive as these guys! He's a nice player but he's in the next freaking tier. After seeing that contract I'm   so happy we took Leonard Williams. If we had to pay anywhere NEAR that contract for Mo I say trade him tomorrow!

Thats how you kill your salary cap. So now Buffalo has so much money tied up in a McCoy & Darius you can't keep other players. It's really a catch 22, but the bottom line is you CAN NOT give a player like Moe Darius money, no matter how much his agents screams.

The perfect example was Idzik letting Revis go. It was STUPID! Revis is in the top tier of CBs, maybe THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE! You do not let those guys go, especially when your not paying a top tier QB. But now the other side of that coin is these agents use those contracts as starting points which is ridiculous. If Sheldon Richardson wasn't such an azz we could have traded Mo after this season if his agent continues to expect to much.

Ah.  Finally a pro player contract.  It was starting to look like Wilkerson's contract was trending downward.  This brings it back up.  I've been expecting Wilkerson to do better than $10M/per all along. 

Apparently being a All Pro and making Pro Bowls helps come contract time..

You guys need to get used to seeing these types of contracts.  They're going to be more and more common.  Especially for the premier players in the league. He's the nucleus of what they do and one of the best players in the NFL.  59k in guarantees for Suh.  They basically gave him the same contract, a little less money over the length, a little more guaranteed.

Mo is more a Cam Jordan than JJ Watt- that's his tier. Jordan signed a solid and appropriate deal. The NYC media, Manish and co. Have pumped this guy up so much.  He was our best player when we had no good players. League wide he second tier, very good but not top tier, a step below.

As an aside I don't think his box jump would be very impressive like JJ's

Mo is more a Cam Jordan than JJ Watt- that's his tier. Jordan signed a solid and appropriate deal. The NYC media, Manish and co. Have pumped this guy up so much.  He was our best player when we had no good players. League wide he second tier, very good but not top tier, a step below.

Yes, Cam Jordan's contract is much more in line with what Mo will be looking at.  Besides, Darius plays a different position...dude had double digit sacks playing DT last year.

Good comparison Cam 29 sacks Mo 24.5 then Watt with 57 and 3 straight All Pro and Pro Bowls is on a tier by himself.. I agree the Media punped him up but to say we had no good players when Revis and Sheldon were on the team isn't quite true..

Why does everyone try to compare Mo to guys like Suh & Darius?

Mo is not nearly as disruptive as these guys! He's a nice player but he's in the next freaking tier. After seeing that contract I'm   so happy we took Leonard Williams. If we had to pay anywhere NEAR that contract for Mo I say trade him tomorrow!

Thats how you kill your salary cap. So now Buffalo has so much money tied up in a McCoy & Darius you can't keep other players. It's really a catch 22, but the bottom line is you CAN NOT give a player like Moe Darius money, no matter how much his agents screams.

The perfect example was Idzik letting Revis go. It was STUPID! Revis is in the top tier of CBs, maybe THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE! You do not let those guys go, especially when your not paying a top tier QB. But now the other side of that coin is these agents use those contracts as starting points which is ridiculous. If Sheldon Richardson wasn't such an azz we could have traded Mo after this season if his agent continues to expect to much.

Mo is a top 3 DE in Madden the past two years.  He HAS to be paid like an elite player now. B)

I'll pay Wilkerson once he has a complete dominant year and not a half a year.

Tell it like it is! My god, when Coples slipped into his role when he was injured I didn't notice he was gone. Mo is an above average player, no more. Another Jet player overrated by the media & some fans. Mo disappears too much to get a crazy contract. As others have said he's Cam Jordan (who has slightly better #s than Mo on a worse defense).

He needs to really up his game this season & spending most of camp with a bad hammy was not a great start.

Archived