Fitzpatrick 20 td 10 ints?

Ray Mickens 24

If Fitzpatrick throws 20 tds and 10 ints is it enough to get the Jets to 9 or 10 wins?

I think the way the Jets are constructed right now they can win 6 games.  With Fitzpatrick they can get to 8 I believe.  Can we get two more wins to get to 10 and make a playoff run?  We are not a Super Bowl team because of the qb situation.  Would we be happy with this?  Part of me says yes because I want to see meaningful football games in December.  Part of me says no because we need a franchise qb and going 8 and 8 will not get us there.  Wondering what others think.

If Fitz throws his average comp %, and has 20 TD's to 10 INT's, we are a playoff contender IMO.

Our biggest weakness the last few years, under Geno and Sanchez, was turnovers leading to opponents scores, either pick 6's, fumble-6's or set-up's deep in jets territory.

If we can avoid that, with this talent, we should be a borderline 9-10 win team.

I simply do not buy the 4-6 win theory.

I fully expect to be sorely disappointed holding such an "optimistic" viewpoint tho, I admit.

If Fitzpatrick throws 20 tds and 10 ints is it enough to get the Jets to 9 or 10 wins?

I think the way the Jets are constructed right now they can win 6 games.  With Fitzpatrick they can get to 8 I believe.  Can we get two more wins to get to 10 and make a playoff run?  We are not a Super Bowl team because of the qb situation.  Would we be happy with this?  Part of me says yes because I want to see meaningful football games in December.  Part of me says no because we need a franchise qb and going 8 and 8 will not get us there.  Wondering what others think.

We got to 9 wins with rookie Sanchez going 12-20 and 8-8 with rookie Geno going 12-21 so yes I think it's possible..

Hate to be an evil Nostradamus here but Petty will be behind center by half time of the cleveland game and we will be faced with a Genoaplooza the whole year.

Don't ask how i know.....just a queasy feeling...

Yea - not feeling great about Fitzy staying upright the whole season either...sure wish they would have spent some more $ on O line this year

Hate to be an evil Nostradamus here but Petty will be behind center by half time of the cleveland game and we will be faced with a Genoaplooza the whole year.

Don't ask how i know.....just a queasy feeling...

why will they F up Petty's development ??? 

Plenty of teams have won super bowls with mediocre QBs provided they excel on defense and in the running game. Both are possibilities.

Just look no further than the Baltimore Ravens who won the SB with Trent Dilfer at QB. It's possible the Jets could win the SB with Fitzpatrick but it is also possible that the moon could fly away. If Fitzpatrick can reach 20 td's with only 10 ints I see the Jets winning 10 games and making the playoffs. I think 8-8 is far more realistic and we'll just have to hope that Bryce Petty is as good as we all hope he can be. If Geno Smith gets the job back I don't see .500 as being realistic.

It amazes me how Jet fans can bash QBs that actually did something for us and praise a journeyman who has never played a game.

It amazes me more that you watched the games and actually believe Sanchez won those 4 playoff games, that the wins were on him more than team wins

That would be a phenomenal result and propel us to 10 wins. Welcome and nice name by the way.

you're confusing limited by injury to talent, who's better 

Being limited by injury is part of the package a player brings to the table.  RG3 is immensely talented but can't stay healthy.  It's a man's game.  And Chad wasn't all that talented.  He didn't have a strong throwing arm even before his injuries, and was exposed by the Raiders in that 2002 season.  Dude was a check-down machine who played well against weaker opposition but struggled mightily (to say the least) the minute he faced a legitimate defense.

Naturally, the $64M deal Chad got makes the hate on Chad stronger than it should be, but who can blame Jets fans?  Chad was billed as a franchise QB but was far from it, then helped put us in temporary cap hell.

Archived