Victor "Vic" Beasley Jr. passing the eyeball test

Jetman55

One player to watch is an OLB pick that was often mocked to the Jets in mock drafts.  Beasely looks like the real deal tonight and is really punishing pro bowl OT Peters for the Eagles,  Quinn is using him very well tonight.  He's staying in the Eagles back field.

One player to watch is an OLB pick that was often mocked to the Jets in mock drafts.  Beasely looks like the real deal tonight and is really punishing pro bowl OT Peters for the Eagles,  Quinn is using him very well tonight.  He's staying in the Eagles back field.

Eyeball test crushes all those advanced metric sites imho.

I was surprised Jets didnt make a move to get him as he started to slip...but im happy with our draft so far.   Hope Mauldin gets back quick and Devin gets some game action this week.  I think Jets landed 3 starters, with Smith being a long term answer at #3, Mauldin replacing Pace, and Williams being Williams.

I was surprised Jets didnt make a move to get him as he started to slip...but im happy with our draft so far.   Hope Mauldin gets back quick and Devin gets some game action this week.  I think Jets landed 3 starters, with Smith being a long term answer at #3, Mauldin replacing Pace, and Williams being Williams.

I think with our current DL beasley would have been the better fit but it's hard to disagree with the williams pick after all the nonsense with sheldon

Beasley made Brick look like a rusty old door on a few plays during the second preseason game...

This doesn't sound right. If the door is rusty it wouldn't be moving any slower. I think you meant the hinges. He made Brick look like an old door with rusty hinges, but one that was rusted through enough so that the speed at which the door could open and close would be dramatically affected. Yes. That's it.

This doesn't sound right. If the door is rusty it wouldn't be moving any slower. I think you meant the hinges. He made Brick look like an old door with rusty hinges, but one that was rusted through enough so that the speed at which the door could open and close would be dramatically affected. Yes. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted Beasley bad. Gregory too-- kid looked like a stud last night for dallas

I was high on both of them (no pun intended).   So far all of the edge rushers I liked look good; Dupree, Beasley and Gregory.   Unfortunately we will have to wait a year for Fowler.  I didn't care for Ray in the draft; how did he look on Sunday?  Btw I am very happy with the Williams pick.  

Meh.  Lets not get carried away.  He wasnt that impressive.  "Punishing Peters"  I dont think so.  He got gobbled up just as many times as he pushed him back.  It's not like he was around the ball often.  

He was all over Bradford on that pick before the half that set up the TD...beating Peters.  That put ATL up 20-3.  Also...not sure what you expect.  When Reggie White played the niner's, he was god for 3-5 good hits on the QB...just like Wattt...they only make a handful of impact plays a game.  Were you expecting him to get 30 hits on the QB since he dropped back 52 times?  No one does that...the fact he had 3-4 big hits is a good start.  Wish Williams showed that much...

He was all over Bradford on that pick before the half that set up the TD...beating Peters.  That put ATL up 20-3.  Also...not sure what you expect.  When Reggie White played the niner's, he was god for 3-5 good hits on the QB...just like Wattt...they only make a handful of impact plays a game.  Were you expecting him to get 30 hits on the QB since he dropped back 52 times?  No one does that...the fact he had 3-4 big hits is a good start.  Wish Williams showed that much...

Did you watch the game? Williams was a stud.

He was all over Bradford on that pick before the half that set up the TD...beating Peters.  That put ATL up 20-3.  Also...not sure what you expect.  When Reggie White played the niner's, he was god for 3-5 good hits on the QB...just like Wattt...they only make a handful of impact plays a game.  Were you expecting him to get 30 hits on the QB since he dropped back 52 times?  No one does that...

I'm saying, I didnt think he was that impressive.  He's fast so his first step made Peters step back a few times...but he got through, what, once?  The Eagles thew the ball 52 times, he had zero sacks and 1 tackle.  QB hits are great, he had 1 in 52 attempts.  I just dont see why we are blowing the kid for not really doing all that much.

Of the pass rushers from the draft, I thought Dupree was the most impressive. 

Williams presence relieved some pressure on Wilkerson which allowed him to have an impact. 

Plus, and I said this during the game, the Browns have a solid OL with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack. And the Jets did flush the pocket a bit

Did you watch the game? Williams was a stud.

Exactly, he was pushing the pocket and in the backfield almost all game.  I don't know what people expect from a rookie playing his first regular season game opposite a good offensive line.. 

Exactly, he was pushing the pocket and in the backfield almost all game.  I don't know what people expect from a rookie playing his first regular season game opposite a good offensive line.. 

I thought he played better than I expected. That's a hard position to play, this kid is going to be a beast.

Williams presence relieved some pressure on Wilkerson which allowed him to have an impact. 

Plus, and I said this during the game, the Browns have a solid OL with Joe Thomas and Alex Mack. And the Jets did flush the pocket a bit

This happened?  Really?  Did you just post that Williams presence, as Wilkerson lined up across from Joe Thomas all game, helped Wilkerson in any way...especially as the OG came down to help hall of famer joe thomas on passing plays?  How exactly did williams, facing namless Cleveland browns RT, help Wilkerson as he lined up against the best LT in football who was getting help?  

This happened?  Really?  Did you just post that Williams presence, as Wilkerson lined up across from Joe Thomas all game, helped Wilkerson in any way...especially as the OG came down to help hall of famer joe thomas on passing plays?  How exactly did williams, facing namless Cleveland browns RT, help Wilkerson as he lined up against the best LT in football who was getting help?  

Williams was more impressive in his debut than your boy Beasley, IMO.  He had more tackles, was more disruptive and if we're counting getting close the QB, he was right around Manziel numerous times, just like Beasley was right around Bradford a few times.  You may know this, maybe not but Manziel is also a lot more mobile than Sam Bradford and Manziel didnt pass the ball 52 times.  So instead of pinning your ears back, protecting a lead and just going after a QB who threw the ball 52 times....Williams was asked to do a lot more and his team basically pitched a shutout outside of one blown coverage play. And he definitely went up against Thomas quite a few times.  And Cleveland's OL is better than Philly's. 

I think you better go watch the game again. I saw Williams going against joe Thomas more than I saw mo wilks.

Williams was more impressive in his debut than your boy Beasley, IMO.  He had more tackles, was more disruptive and if we're counting getting close the QB, he was right around Manziel numerous times, just like Beasley was right around Bradford a few times.  You may know this, maybe not but Manziel is also a lot more mobile than Sam Bradford and Manziel didnt pass the ball 52 times.  So instead of pinning your ears back, protecting a lead and just going after a QB who threw the ball 52 times....Williams was asked to do a lot more and his team basically pitched a shutout outside of one blown coverage play. And he definitely went up against Thomas quite a few times.  And Cleveland's OL is better than Philly's. 

some people can compare without green colored glasses and some can't...

I think you better go watch the game again. I saw Williams going against joe Thomas more than I saw mo wilks.

yes, coaches gave the rookie more match ups with how Thomas and more responsibility in his first NFL game than they gave to Mo Wilkerson...that's exactly what happened.

in other news, williams has already been inducted in the hall of fame...

yes, coaches gave the rookie more match ups with how Thomas and more responsibility in his first NFL game than they gave to Mo Wilkerson...that's exactly what happened.

in other news, williams has already been inducted in the hall of fame...

You started a thread about a player who had zero sacks vs. a team that threw the ball 52 times and had a whopping 3 tackles.  But Jets fans, on a Jets site are defending Williams who had more production but we are the ones putting him into the HOF?  ok. 

Also, Williams went vs. Thomas.  

Haha - yeah, that's it. 

52 times Sam Bradford dropped back in the pocket vs. Atlanta with your boy and they had how many sacks?

he makes a hit that led to a pick...Wilkiams had 5 tackles that amounted to nothing.  1 guy caused a turnover...the other had 5 lay up tackles, and you're saying 5 tackles are more important than a hit that caused a pick...sounds like a bias post to me.  I'll take a hit that leads to an int vs 5 tackles all day...

Archived