Do the Jets have the best defense in the league today?

JOJOTOWNSELL

I don't know..with Sheldon back and, hopefully, Mauldin contributing there's lots high expectations from me...but that Eagle game is bugging me. Those two wide open wheel routes that the eagles missed were pretty weak. I'm expecting teams to try those again.

aside from that...I am SO STOKED to see this defense with Sheldon tomorrow. Let's seriously talk about best in league after the the next two weeks.

I think we have the best defensive personnel from top to bottom but I think there is still some evolution to come yet in terms of implementing Todd Bowles defense.

My own sense is "not yet" in answer to the question but ask again around mid season by which time I think the answer may be different.

The thing that may put us over the top is a deeper DL rotation (starting this week) with almost no dropoff in performance and I expect our CB depth may be even better with Milliner's return (yes, I have bashed his durability but that does not mean I do not hold out hope for our recent #1 pick)..

You guys do know that we're still playing vs professional teams right? Of course teams will have SOME successful individual plays like the Eagles had running outside with Matthews.

Had our offense not screwed the pooch in the 2nd half we most likely would have won that game. The defense is not responsible for Sproles TD & that 7 points was the difference because the defense SHUT THEM OUT in the 2nd half.  Our only weakness is at coverage by our LBs, which I believe is the reason for the acquisition of Bailey who is a Safety/LB hybrid. If these players stat healthy look out in the 4th quarter of the season, I think they could be really special.

You guys do know that we're still playing vs professional teams right? Of course teams will have SOME successful individual plays like the Eagles had running outside with Matthews.

Had our offense not screwed the pooch in the 2nd half we most likely would have won that game. The defense is not responsible for Sproles TD & that 7 points was the difference because the defense SHUT THEM OUT in the 2nd half.  Our only weakness is at coverage by our LBs, which I believe is the reason for the acquisition of Bailey who is a Safety/LB hybrid. If these players stay healthy look out in the 4th quarter of the season, I think they could be really special.

The Jets are only allowing 13.8 points per game and have 13 forced turnovers so far. 

After all all Rexys boasting, are we finally the best D in football?? 

Well for the whole season the 2009 team gave up 14.8 and this D has much better players plus we beat the Pats first time we played them with a rookie Sanchez..

The Jets are only allowing 13.8 points per game and have 13 forced turnovers so far. 

After all all Rexys boasting, are we finally the best D in football?? 

yes, BUT - 10 of those turnovers were in the first two weeks. Need to be more consistent in that category if we're gonna claim it to be meaningful.

I was looking at the stats from other games and comparing them to other teams' rankings and by the end of today we will have the #1 Defense in fewest yards allowed per game, #1 in fewest points allowed, #1 in fewest pass yards allowed, and likely top 5, potentially top 3 in fewest rushing yards allowed per game. This may the best defense we've had in our entire franchise's history. 

I was looking at the stats from other games and comparing them to other teams' rankings and by the end of today we will have the #1 Defense in fewest yards allowed per game, #1 in fewest points allowed, #1 in fewest pass yards allowed, and likely top 5, potentially top 3 in fewest rushing yards allowed per game. This may the best defense we've had in our entire franchise's history. 

With the make shift line the Skins had we should have had 5 sacks minimum .. Plus as Ray Lucas said post game Mike Westoff go back and coach the ST.. 

With the make shift line the Skins had we should have had 5 sacks minimum .. Plus as Ray Lucas said post game Mike Westoff go back and coach the ST.. 

That was the one thing I was disappointed with on defense, we needed to get more pressure and more sacks with our D-Line, especially with Sheldon back. But on the brighter side, the rush defense was insane today, we were already ranked 8th in the league in fewest rushing yards allowed, and today the Redskins had 34, yes THIRTY-FOUR net rushing yards. This huge performance is putting us top 5 in rush defense, we will already be #1 in pass defense based on how McCown and Tannehill played against Denver and Tennessee.

That was the one thing I was disappointed with on defense, we needed to get more pressure and more sacks with our D-Line, especially with Sheldon back. But on the brighter side, the rush defense was insane today, we were already ranked 8th in the league in fewest rushing yards allowed, and today the Redskins had 34, yes THIRTY-FOUR net rushing yards. This huge performance is putting us top 5 in rush defense, we will already be #1 in pass defense based on how McCown and Tannehill played against Denver and Tennessee.

Plus we played penalty free football.. 

agreed. I am torn   I still believe our Dline should be doing a better job. 

on paper...Cousins should have had no time to think. 

A win is great but we let them stay in a game that we dominated. 

The Pats are gonna fry us if we don't do better. 

agreed. I am torn   I still believe our Dline should be doing a better job. 

on paper...Cousins should have had no time to think. 

A win is great but we let them stay in a game that we dominated. 

The Pats are gonna fry us if we don't do better. 

NO THEY WONT THE JETS DEFENSE WILL DESTROY THE PATRIOTS YES IM YELLING 

Archived