Time To Vent

KRL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree on all fronts.  Gailey seems clueless.  Fitz sucks now.  Not being able to work under center as much has hurt.  O-line looks tired and old.  The running game is MIA.

The 4 players you pointed out on defense all need to go.  The silver lining is there's no guaranteed money next year for any of those guys, so they can be let go with zero penalty.  Maccagnan needs to draft/sign replacements.

its amazing how clueless the OC looks when the QB is inept and defenses cheat against the run. 

I got to say, it seems like the best player in the draft was Todd Gurley. Even I didnt believe the hype on that one. 

I was thinking the other day, had we drafted Gurley I would have gone ballistic, only because of his knee operation last year. Holy cow, what would our boring slow offense look like with him now? I was wrong on that one.

I will root for the Jets for the rest of their games but I have comfort food in my NY Rangers and the surprisingly good NY Knicks.

The O-Line is pretty close to full on rebuild mode at this point.

Agreed!!! Thank goodness for the Knicks & Rangers.  I'm thrilled that we may have a franchise player

in Porzingis

People are talking wayyyyy too much about the offense, it is what i thought it was going to be.  Limited by QB play, need to have the rest of the offense play really well to score more than 20.  No surprise at all.

The thing that is losing this team games is a slow, pedestrian defense and disgraceful special teams.  For every oc or QB thread there should be about 5 about how awful our defense is.

this says it all.

People are talking wayyyyy too much about the offense, it is what i thought it was going to be.  Limited by QB play, need to have the rest of the offense play really well to score more than 20.  No surprise at all.

The thing that is losing this team games is a slow, pedestrian defense and disgraceful special teams.  For every oc or QB thread there should be about 5 about how awful our defense is.

Agree defense is way over rated, is slow and can not rush the QB. The offense is horrific though and deserves no pass whatsoever. The special teams are also horrific which to me ties in with the lack of speed and athleticism on the offense. Cromartie returning kicks? Has there been one single punt Kerley has not taken out of bounds?  This team hasn't had a punt or kickoff return in 10 years that I can remember. After 10 games, I feel our HC is in over his head. Hope I am wrong.

There is nothing to be done about JJ Watt. I agree with most everything else here. 

I felt like last draft we should have traded down and picked up LT Andrus Peat and a top level Guard. D'Brick is finished. He's a Jets legend but the man is done. 

sure there is.  seems like the plan was to watch Breno try and block him 1v1.  not a smart idea.

sure there is.  seems like the plan was to watch Breno try and block him 1v1.  not a smart idea.

Dude, 2v1 ends up being the same thing. He's the "best in the world"....really. Like seriously, he's the BEST....ever. 

What people are complaining about is just irrelevant. You cant stop JJ Watt. Double and triple teaming him SHOWS that there is no stopping him, because you have to give him so much attention that everyone else begins to get in on the play. Also, JJ Watt was all over the place. You dont think the Texans know that teams want to give Watt permanent double teams? 

Watt was rushing and getting sacks from both sides of the line. Its JJ Watt. He's going to win every week. The Jets needed to figure out how to beat the other 10....and they didnt. 

The defense should get the blame because that is were all the resources have been placed. You cannot blame the offense when you do not have an average qb and it has been neglected in the draft for so many years. It also doesn't help that every second round pick we have seems to under perform or be a complete bust i.e, stephen hill, jace amaro, devin smith etc.

The defense is slow because we have no real talent at pass rushers. All of our d-line talent is  in run stuffing. We are wasting superior talent because our line backing crew is so abysmal it takes a whole minute for them to make it to the qb. Match that with no real coverage safeties and bam, we get burned by a guy named tj yates. Our d would have been much better off with picking an olb like beasely in the first over williams. Williams brings nothing new over Shel and Wilk and there is a log jam for run stuffers on our team. This is something that has to be addressed this offseason.

Special teams is so bad I do not even know where to start, but god just take a knee and get us the ball on the 20.

O-line is also terrible. Who knew Willie Colon was so damn important. Mangold is having a terrible year for injuries and one has to wonder if this is the beginning of the end for him. D-Brick is on a noticeable decline and we have zero options to replace him. I do not believe people realize how bad of a situation we are with this unit. No depth, no one is being groomed to take over these critical positions. Mac has some real work to do.

I have no complaints for our primary wr';s in Decker and Marshall. Below that, wow its bad. Kerley should be getting more playing time. Maybe the coaching staff hates his nose ring, who knows. I have already shared my thoughts on smith and below that we have nothing. I would like to see if thompkins can fill in a roll on this team here onward. He has made some decent catches and could be a nice find for a 4th wr on this team.

We do not have a TE. enough said

Too early to say the verdict is out on bowles but man does the coaching look bad so far. Every week from day 1 the team has come out as flat and sluggish as they can be. This team has to find a spark somewhere because it looks to me like a bunch of guys are just cashing checks, week in and week out. This team is incredibly frustrating but there is a tremendous amount of potential in future years if bowles can grow as a coach and we get some solid drafts / fa pick ups.

The defense should get the blame because that is were all the resources have been placed. You cannot blame the offense when you do not have an average qb and it has been neglected in the draft for so many years. It also doesn't help that every second round pick we have seems to under perform or be a complete bust i.e, stephen hill, jace amaro, devin smith etc.

The defense is slow because we have no real talent at pass rushers. All of our d-line talent is  in run stuffing. We are wasting superior talent because our line backing crew is so abysmal it takes a whole minute for them to make it to the qb. Match that with no real coverage safeties and bam, we get burned by a guy named tj yates. Our d would have been much better off with picking an olb like beasely in the first over williams. Williams brings nothing new over Shel and Wilk and there is a log jam for run stuffers on our team. This is something that has to be addressed this offseason.

Special teams is so bad I do not even know where to start, but god just take a knee and get us the ball on the 20.

O-line is also terrible. Who knew Willie Colon was so damn important. Mangold is having a terrible year for injuries and one has to wonder if this is the beginning of the end for him. D-Brick is on a noticeable decline and we have zero options to replace him. I do not believe people realize how bad of a situation we are with this unit. No depth, no one is being groomed to take over these critical positions. Mac has some real work to do.

I have no complaints for our primary wr';s in Decker and Marshall. Below that, wow its bad. Kerley should be getting more playing time. Maybe the coaching staff hates his nose ring, who knows. I have already shared my thoughts on smith and below that we have nothing. I would like to see if thompkins can fill in a roll on this team here onward. He has made some decent catches and could be a nice find for a 4th wr on this team.

We do not have a TE. enough said

Too early to say the verdict is out on bowles but man does the coaching look bad so far. Every week from day 1 the team has come out as flat and sluggish as they can be. This team has to find a spark somewhere because it looks to me like a bunch of guys are just cashing checks, week in and week out. This team is incredibly frustrating but there is a tremendous amount of potential in future years if bowles can grow as a coach and we get some solid drafts / fa pick ups.

how many run stuffing interior linemen do we need to draft. Douzable is just as good as Williams at a fraction of the cost.

Do you see 8 or 9 men in the box - I do . Other teams are challenging the Jets to beat them in the air. Problem is Fitz doesn't have the arm for the intermediate stuff , he either throws rainbows downfield or passes under 10 yards. To sustain drives you need the intermediate throws to drop the LB's and safeties , until the Jets start hitting those consistently it will be more of the same each week. 

Then imo you flood the zone with short screen passes and to the tight end. You don't have to always go medium or deep. Those are not high percentage passes esp with an injured Qb. I mean, Ivory only had 8 carries. 

Yesterday reminded me of the game in 2002 in Chicago when Wayne Chrebet fumbled in mid air, we lost our edge in the playoff race and everyone ripped up their post season invoices.

Although we will never win the division this year with that candy ass ball deflator in NE, I am hopeful we can turn it around NOW and make the playoffs like we did in 2002.

Same scenario, same time of year... hopefully the same outcome.

Exactly this.  I figured the offense would average around 20 PPG and the defense would be on par with the '09 team with improved personnel and best D-coordinator in the NFL calling the shots.  The defense has been nowhere near as good as advertised.   Offense has been exactly what I expected it to be...middle of the pack.

Those drops by Smith makes the coaching look bad. He had those balls in his hand or at least his finger tips. Gailey tried to open things up to unleash the running game and Smith failed the team. He is critical to the success of this offense at this point of the season. Professional football players make those catches.

The D is a step slow. They have spent too much time on the field in the past few weeks. It is clearly showing. Need to get the younger players on the filed now. The other teams have figured out the Jets. 

Stack the box to stop Ivory (who is injured). Make Fitz beat you. Blitz. Smith is self check at WR and will drop the ball. Fitz locks on to a WR and throws into max coverage over and over. It is unbearable to watch. He does not trust Smith though. Smith has given him no reason to do so either.

DBrick is breaking down as a LT. May no longer be even a second tier LT at this point. Mangold is done. Can't stay healthy and his  replacements are not capable of protecting Fitz. The OL has lost considerable leverage when Winters is one of the better players on the unit. 

no pass rush with the DL. This has been an issue for most of the season. Losing Sheldon has bothered this unit a great deal. Not adding Coples to the DL was a huge mistake. He is certainly not an OLB. Pace is done and he is taking time away from 55 and 57. Davis is just not a smart LB. 

Revis let a player get into his head yesterday. Once a year should be ok in the near term. Cro is done. He cannot make plays anymore. He has always given up some plays. He used to make big one himself. His replacement is Delicate Dee or at least should be. Williams got burned for a TD. He is very capable as  CB though. 

Pryor has returned to his Pro Bowl self. This guy has been coached up. People here are calling out the coaching. I think it is the players. No speed. Missed blocking assignments. Missed tackles. Dropped passes by the 3/4 guys at WR. Throwing into coverage time and time again..

that does not look to be the coaches fault. Most positions have seasoned players. I am not sure how Kerely got into the doghouse. It is time to release him though. No TE.

Needs: QB, WR, TE, OL, RB. Sound like a new O lol

Needs: LB, CB

Needs: KR, PR

JJ Watt is an athlete who plays football at the professional level. Mo is a football player. 

Those drops by Smith makes the coaching look bad. He had those balls in his hand or at least his finger tips. Gailey tried to open things up to unleash the running game and Smith failed the team. He is critical to the success of this offense at this point of the season. Professional football players make those catches.

The D is a step slow. They have spent too much time on the field in the past few weeks. It is clearly showing. Need to get the younger players on the filed now. The other teams have figured out the Jets. 

Stack the box to stop Ivory (who is injured). Make Fitz beat you. Blitz. Smith is self check at WR and will drop the ball. Fitz locks on to a WR and throws into max coverage over and over. It is unbearable to watch. He does not trust Smith though. Smith has given him no reason to do so either.

DBrick is breaking down as a LT. May no longer be even a second tier LT at this point. Mangold is done. Can't stay healthy and his  replacements are not capable of protecting Fitz. The OL has lost considerable leverage when Winters is one of the better players on the unit. 

no pass rush with the DL. This has been an issue for most of the season. Losing Sheldon has bothered this unit a great deal. Not adding Coples to the DL was a huge mistake. He is certainly not an OLB. Pace is done and he is taking time away from 55 and 57. Davis is just not a smart LB. 

Revis let a player get into his head yesterday. Once a year should be ok in the near term. Cro is done. He cannot make plays anymore. He has always given up some plays. He used to make big one himself. His replacement is Delicate Dee or at least should be. Williams got burned for a TD. He is very capable as  CB though. 

Pryor has returned to his Pro Bowl self. This guy has been coached up. People here are calling out the coaching. I think it is the players. No speed. Missed blocking assignments. Missed tackles. Dropped passes by the 3/4 guys at WR. Throwing into coverage time and time again..

that does not look to be the coaches fault. Most positions have seasoned players. I am not sure how Kerely got into the doghouse. It is time to release him though. No TE.

JJ Watt is an athlete who plays football at the professional level. Mo is a football player. 

the offseason was dedicated to arming the defense.  next offseason will be about fixing the OL, getting a real TE and 1 more wr if smith shows nothing.  odds are there are no qbs available in the draft where the jets pick, and they just have to hope that petty is who they hope he is.  but getting rid of pace, coples and davis is a good start on defense.  

Gurley would have been fine. More annoyed with another ok defensive linemen.

No way I would touch Gurley that high. I think we looked long and hard at Beasley, who I liked, but he's almost two full years older than Williams and not exactly lighting up the league. Cooper was obviously the dream scenario. So glad we beat the Titans and Fish last year.

No way I would touch Gurley that high. I think we looked long and hard at Beasley, who I liked, but he's almost two full years older than Williams and not exactly lighting up the league. Cooper was obviously the dream scenario. So glad we beat the Titans and Fish last year.

Williams needs to get stronger. I just think we've maxed out what we can get from that group and another high pick was unnecessary. Douzable is fine.

Do you see 8 or 9 men in the box - I do . Other teams are challenging the Jets to beat them in the air. Problem is Fitz doesn't have the arm for the intermediate stuff , he either throws rainbows downfield or passes under 10 yards. To sustain drives you need the intermediate throws to drop the LB's and safeties , until the Jets start hitting those consistently it will be more of the same each week. 

True... Defenses know Fitz can't make the throws outside the numbers and anything more than 30-35 yds down field is a crapshoot...at best... so they fill the box, take away the seams,  jump the slants and in-cuts and dare Fitz to beat them outside the numbers.

Dude, 2v1 ends up being the same thing. He's the "best in the world"....really. Like seriously, he's the BEST....ever. 

What people are complaining about is just irrelevant. You cant stop JJ Watt. Double and triple teaming him SHOWS that there is no stopping him, because you have to give him so much attention that everyone else begins to get in on the play. Also, JJ Watt was all over the place. You dont think the Texans know that teams want to give Watt permanent double teams? 

Watt was rushing and getting sacks from both sides of the line. Its JJ Watt. He's going to win every week. The Jets needed to figure out how to beat the other 10....and they didnt. 

i was being sarcastic...

Just wanna point out that the td against williams was a clear push off arm extended and everything. Terrible no call. I guess its obvious who I want to start in place of revis and hopefully over cromartie sometime this season.

Just wanna point out that the td against williams was a clear push off arm extended and everything. Terrible no call. I guess its obvious who I want to start in place of revis and hopefully over cromartie sometime this season.

Williams is solid. Delicate Dee as a number 1 draft pick should replace Cro. Due to the fact that he cannot stay healthy Williams gets the nod. 

Williams is solid. Delicate Dee as a number 1 draft pick should replace Cro. Due to the fact that he cannot stay healthy Williams gets the nod. 

Eh I agree in a sense but at this point idk if I trust Dee enough. Also meant to post this before.http://nflbreakdowns.com/deandre-hopkins-jets-118yards/ 

Its under Play 10: 1st & 10. 20. 3:30 3rd. Its a pic and a video. In the video you see Hopkins clearly push off towards the end of his route. Willams was pissed and now I know why. Shoulda been a call on that. 

Eh I agree in a sense but at this point idk if I trust Dee enough. Also meant to post this before.http://nflbreakdowns.com/deandre-hopkins-jets-118yards/ 

Its under Play 10: 1st & 10. 20. 3:30 3rd. Its a pic and a video. In the video you see Hopkins clearly push off towards the end of his route. Willams was pissed and now I know why. Shoulda been a call on that. 

thanks bro. I saw that. Williams won't get that call though. He does not yet have the star power.

lol @ Devin "charmin" smith 

Lack of patience by Jet fans... This is what happens when you miss all of preseason and are a rookie.   He has had some bad drops and I bet it has hurt his confidence.  Gailey needs to get him involved early in the pass game with quick outs and slants so he can get comfortable out there.    Not every rookie is Odell Beckham.  

Williams needs to get stronger. I just think we've maxed out what we can get from that group and another high pick was unnecessary. Douzable is fine.

Who would you have drafted instead of Williams?  I understand the need for offense but I think Williams has been fine and will get better.  The problem is he was not the edge rusher this team desperately needed.  Our lack of a consistent pass rush has been a big factor in this losing streak.  

Lack of patience by Jet fans... This is what happens when you miss all of preseason and are a rookie.   He has had some bad drops and I bet it has hurt his confidence.  Gailey needs to get him involved early in the pass game with quick outs and slants so he can get comfortable out there.    Not every rookie is Odell Beckham.  

I agree must be tough playing catch up every week. At least he's getting open now. His first few games back he was non existent. Last game he had those two deep routes that ge got open on he just needs to finish. I think (hope) he'll come around.

I agree must be tough playing catch up every week. At least he's getting open now. His first few games back he was non existent. Last game he had those two deep routes that ge got open on he just needs to finish. I think (hope) he'll come around.

I think he will.  

When did Wilkerson say he deserved to be paid like JJ Watt?

Well Mac can deal with Revis and over pay some other contracts according to Jet fans(Cro and Harris) but can't come to terms with Mo??  Why do you think that is?? It's not because Mo is being overly reasonable IMO..

Archived