Does Belichick rest some banged up players?

Jetster

Pats have a lot of banged up guys, does BB rest them? Hightower, McCourty, Amendola, Chung are all nicked up. Be interesting to see how he proceeds. I know he hates the Jets but he's not a stupid man. I'll take any advantage I can to win this upcoming game. Jets will be playing in desperation mode & this is gonna be a strap your helmet on slugfest with Pryor back healthy looking to take off a few heads.

We really missed Powell & Enunwa last time so it will be good to have them back, need to isolate Powell on Mayo who's slow as sh*t. I'm seeing a huge bounce back game for our Oline who are going to see themselves getting their azzes kicked on film this week. Embarrassing display by our tackles. We better not be seeing Cumberland trying to block Jones at any time next week either!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their secondary still is doing well. Will be a tough game for Marshall and Decker.

Well, they haven't really played anyone with good receivers in a while. They lost to Denver, Philly receivers don't scare anyone, Titans receivers are terrible. Pats really do a good job of being disciplined in their schemes but if they play man, Ivory might be running up their backsides & if they go zone, Decker can sit down anywhere he wants, especially if he gets matched up with Mayo. Powell will be the X-factor this game, Fitz really had no screen game with him out in the 1st matchup. We also didn't have Enunwa to crack back on the end to get Ivory going on the edges. Other than Chandler Jones it will be like night & day regarding the speed difference between the Pats up front & Dallas. Jets Oline struggles against speed, but they did a good job vs the Pats Dline in the 1st game. Plus Fitz is doing a much better job moving within the pocket, stepping up & keeping his head up looking downfield. Not having Devin Smith on the field this time is actually a positive, at least Kerley understands how to sit down in a zone. Finally, let's hope the zebras call the holding on the Pats happening in front of their eyes unlike the blatant holds in Gillette (Cumberland having his arm held down by Chung in the endzone & Marshall being held by his shoulder pads before his drop in the endzone at the end of the game). You know, the type of holds had it been the Jets with Brady & his receivers screaming at the refs to throw the flags would have littered the field with them.

Rest up folks vs. us?

Lol no. 

Bellicheck loathes us, and would play every starter who could possibly play just to spite us.

From Hell's Hot, He Spits at Thee!

I disagree on this one.  He would rather stick it to us by beating us with scrubs.... AND really rub our faces in it.... AND rest some players.

It would be just like him to rest the whole team here.

Just his way of saying we are basically irrelevant but that he will see us in Foxborough if we are good enough to get there via the wild card route.

Not a chance.....

I can see him resting guys next week but 

1) He and the Pats hate the Jets. Pats fans can you tell you otherwise but they do.

2) If he sat guys this week and again the following week it would be three weeks (Including the wild card round) that they would not have played. Teams lose their edge when they have that much time off IMHO.

You guys really think NE is gonna sit players and tank this game for a more desirable playoff matchup!?!?!  hahahahahahahahahahahaha

No. I think they will sit players to rest them and because they really don't consider us important enough to worry about.  They will not sit players to get a preferable match up.  They will sit them because it does not really matter to them.

He won't rest Brady and that's the only player that matters.  And I say....good!  I want to beat them without anyone saying we won against a team that wasn't trying to win.

mumbles does not fear jets in playoffs, he fears steelers. So if he decides to tank to avoid pitt in 2nd rd do not put it past him. 

Nobody said sit players to rest them. I said sit injured players, there's a huge difference at the end of the season. The Steelers are a really formidable team right now. Big Ben is playing LIGHTS OUT, Butler couldn't stop Brown in the 1st matchup & they didn't have to stop Bryant either, as he was suspended.

Belichick would do WHATEVER it takes to manipulate an opponent are you kidding me? He'd never be blatant about it & he's still gonna try & win with whoever he sends out there but if you think for one moment he'd rather draw the Steelers over the Texans? Your crazy. 

Ernie Adams has already gone over the numbers with him. 

No. I think they will sit players to rest them and because they really don't consider us important enough to worry about.  They will not sit players to get a preferable match up.  They will sit them because it does not really matter to them.

Belichek has been renowned for leaving his starters in, throwing the ball!!!, with 8 minutes to go in a game where he's winning by 40+ points.  He doesn't even consider the idea of sitting his starters.  We're getting their best. 

Nobody said sit players to rest them. I said sit injured players, there's a huge difference at the end of the season. The Steelers are a really formidable team right now. Big Ben is playing LIGHTS OUT, Butler couldn't stop Brown in the 1st matchup & they didn't have to stop Bryant either, as he was suspended.

Belichick would do WHATEVER it takes to manipulate an opponent are you kidding me? He'd never be blatant about it & he's still gonna try & win with whoever he sends out there but if you think for one moment he'd rather draw the Steelers over the Texans? Your crazy. 

Ernie Adams has already gone over the numbers with him. 

exactly....they may not tank, but it is on the table for sure. 

mumbles does not fear jets in playoffs, he fears steelers. So if he decides to tank to avoid pitt in 2nd rd do not put it past him. 

Pitt's defense is not good...only reason Denver lost is because they were totally inept in the second half and couldn't take advantage of Big Ben's boneheaded gift late in the game. NE healthy would steamroll the Steelers.

Pitt's defense is not good...only reason Denver lost is because they were totally inept in the second half and couldn't take advantage of Big Ben's boneheaded gift late in the game. NE healthy would steamroll the Steelers.

you are nuts, pats have very few weapons left, pitt should have beat NE in 1st game and they didnt have bryant. 

The Patriots have the second most injuries of any team in the league, save the Ravens.  Consequently they're a very different team than the one we played earlier in the year.

Early in the year they had the best offense in the league by a long shot, but a banged up oline.  Now, they have basically no receivers/rbs and their oline is still decimated but in a different way.

They had the best special teams unit in the game, and now the loss of Edelman and the injuries on their coverage units definitely makes a difference there.  

Their D has however really turned it up a notch relative to when we played them.  They've lost key players like Easley but McCourty and Chung might not play, and Hightower is banged up as well.  Still they have a bunch of players that are playing really well.  They are stout against the run bc of Branch, amongst the best in the league in sacks, and their secondary is top ten in the NFL (when we played them they were still learning so expect a much stiffer matchup).

Basically I think we match up better now than we did.  The loss of Edelman, Amendola and Dion Lewis really removes the quickness problem and makes them more generic.  And I feel we do well against defense oriented teams, especially given the playoff implicitation difference.

I think its a 50-50 game, but definitely a winnable one.

Rest up folks vs. us?

Lol no. 

Bellicheck loathes us, and would play every starter who could possibly play just to spite us.

From Hell's Hot, He Spits at Thee!

Or he does knowing it would feel worse if we blew our chance by losing to Rex or we end up 11-5 and still not get in.  This man has a long term history of systematic system .  Makes sense his evil follows the same formula.

Belichek has been renowned for leaving his starters in, throwing the ball!!!, with 8 minutes to go in a game where he's winning by 40+ points.  He doesn't even consider the idea of sitting his starters.  We're getting their best. 

Fair enough. I disagree but we will find out next week.

you are nuts, pats have very few weapons left, pitt should have beat NE in 1st game and they didnt have bryant. 

ha ha....

with all the miscues they(the steelers) had they weren't beating NE even with Bryant. You don't leave the best TE in the league open on a few occasions and expect to beat a tough team at their house.....Bryant wasn't gonna change that.

BB isn't worried about Pitt in NE. they have no defense, Big Ben is prone to make a costly mistake and NE front seven is pretty solid. If they had to play Pitt with their overall record against Pitt. I think they would be fine.

And just in general I have a question. If the players are "banged up", why would they play?

ha ha....

with all the miscues they(the steelers) had they weren't beating NE even with Bryant. You don't leave the best TE in the league open on a few occasions and expect to beat a tough team at their house.....Bryant wasn't gonna change that.

BB isn't worried about Pitt in NE. they have no defense, Big Ben is prone to make a costly mistake and NE front seven is pretty solid. If they had to play Pitt with their overall record against Pitt. I think they would be fine.

And just in general I have a question. If the players are "banged up", why would they play?

seriously are you a 10 yr old? NE is a shell of their former self , the OL is putrid, injuries to little smurfs. Be sure to dont forget your santa list, time is of the essence little boy

I said NE healthy I believe would beat Pitt...NE has a very good defense and a top offense. Pitt may have a top offense, but their D is nowhere close to the Pats level. So, logically, very good offense vs. mediocre/subpar defense should have a distinct advantage over very good offense versus good/very good defense. And until I hear otherwise, I'll assume Gronkowski will be back next week. But I guess I'm just a nut.

seriously are you a 10 yr old? NE is a shell of their former self , the OL is putrid, injuries to little smurfs. Be sure to dont forget your santa list, time is of the essence little boy

The Pats are currently 12-2 and will have the #1 seed in the AFC, but you think they are a shell of their former self?

You get dumber by the day.

Archived