Belichick Wanted To Kick

RutgersJetFan

Maybe next game they can play with the Pats at full strength and the Jets can play with out three offensive lineman, without the top two running backs( Ivory and Powell), the top two receivers ( Marshall and Decker) and their top two safeties(Pryor and Gilchrist). Add in the Pats don't have their top two return men.  I think at full strength the teams are not close. The Patriots will be a lot closer to full strength in the playoffs then they were at any time after week three this year.

Youre just angry because the Jets won with their backup Quarterback. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, whining like a baby, which you were doing, is name calling of the highest order.

That youre here, crying that the Pats let the Jets win, whatever reasons make the loss feel better to you, means the Jets beating up your Pats is under your skin.

lol you're funny

I believe the Pats was the 8th easiest.  But they also won more game and will get the number one seed in the AFC with the second most injury depleted roster in the NFL.

But I thought the Patsies were the bestest ever at overcoming injuries - next man up, the Patriot Way, and all that BS.

I believe the Pats was the 8th easiest.  But they also won more game and will get the number one seed in the AFC with the second most injury depleted roster in the NFL.

They won one more game and as of today the Jets are playing better football than the Pats.  

No matter the reason.  

And this is only the the Jets second win this season against a team that currently has a winning record.  The other being Washington who is 8-7. I know the Jets are somewhat better this year, but some of it is playing the easiest schedule in the NFL.

the pats schedule is so different, nothing but murderers row.  solid point

Basically the same schedule as the Jets.

The Pats have already clinched a 1st round bye and the Jets have yet to clinch a WC position.

your sarcasm detector is still broken.

pats are 2-3 in their last 5 and stumbling into the playoffs.  I bet miami gives you a hard time

still waiting for you to back up your claims about deflategate

still waiting for a single chowd troll to offer even a simple congrats from yesterday

If the Jets go 3 and out it's not any more of an advantage before or after the Pats if they get the ball first. What I guess you're saying is if the Pats kick a FG the Jets get a chance to tie it up if NE gets the ball first. But in either case they still have to stop the Jets on the Jets' first possession to win with a FG.

It was mindless. Maybe - given the Jets' recent woes on offense and a QB whose passes don't exactly cut through the wind - deferring to choose the direction could be justified if there were like 40 mph winds going lengthwise from goalpost to goalpost. This was nothing like that. It was totally mindless. 

About the only logic to the decision was Belichick wanted to simply challenge his defense in what was virtually a meaningless game for them. From a football perspective there is no reason to spin it as a smart decision. If any coach besides Belichick does it people dont even think twice about saying how bad a choice it was. They put themselves in a position where you can lose the game, not only on the first score but on the first "sudden death" possession if both teams go 0-0 or 3-3 on the first series. 

It was just a strange set of calls by NE all day. They were so passive at the end of the first half and end of game. I mean if you are going to play for a FG why not use your time out early at the end and give yourself about 50 seconds and a timeout to get a FG try instead of kicking off.  It was about as bad a job Ive ever seen him do all game.

belicheat said it was about field position

welp, that's pretty boring

must be true, lol

Per a Mike Reiss piece, where was the applauding Belichick for doing the right thing a few short weeks ago when Belichick elected to take the ball in OT versus Denver?

Not that you would, but remember what happened when Brady got the ball?  Incomplete Pass - Sack - Throw away to avoid another sack.  Denver started at like the 40 yard so they were a first down (or three judging by that shank last night) from field goal range.  Not that they needed it as CJ Anderson got around the edge and scampered the last 40 or so yards untouched.

So taking the ball with Brady is not exactly a given with their current OL and skill position players.  Belichick made the right decision.  The D is the best part of the team right now.

Per a Mike Reiss piece, where was the applauding Belichick for doing the right thing a few short weeks ago when Belichick elected to take the ball in OT versus Denver?

Not that you would, but remember what happened when Brady got the ball?  Incomplete Pass - Sack - Throw away to avoid another sack.  Denver started at like the 40 yard so they were a first down (or three judging by that shank last night) from field goal range.  Not that they needed it as CJ Anderson got around the edge and scampered the last 40 or so yards untouched.

So taking the ball with Brady is not exactly a given with their current OL and skill position players.  Belichick made the right decision.  The D is the best part of the team right now.

meh. there was no wind, and you have the psychological impact of the jets offense feeling insulted.  none of them will say it, but how do you go from 3 straight garbage drivers to a 5 play blitzkrieg drive ?

and why don't the pats target gronk 30 times a game ?  he's ******* unstoppable.  did you see pryor holding onto his leg ala vangundy on mourning ? 

If the Jets go 3 and out it's not any more of an advantage before or after the Pats if they get the ball first. What I guess you're saying is if the Pats kick a FG the Jets get a chance to tie it up if NE gets the ball first. But in either case they still have to stop the Jets on the Jets' first possession to win with a FG.

I think the decision to kick actually makes sense as long as your defense can hold to a FG or less.   If your defense holds to a FG then your offense gets 4 downs to move the chains instead of 3.   If the D can force a punt then you win with a FG.  

Given the Pats* offensive struggles vs. the Jets D (the lone TD took 4th down conversions) and the relative weakness of the Jets offense in the 4th quarter I think it was a solid calculated risk for Bellichek*.  Obviously it didn't work out but the decision makes sense.  

who gives a ****, seriously?   it's a jets message board.  if you want to talk about how wicked awesome the pats* are go somewhere else.   as jet fans, we rarely get good news and your bullsh*t isn't going to ruin 5 great wins in a row.   

I love the entitled pats* fans who get their panties in a bunch when they don't win every game.   I can't wait to see foxboro empty once bellichek* and brady* retire.   once in a lifetime qb + hc and they were still so insecure that they felt the need to find new ways to cheat.   

who gives a ****, seriously?   it's a jets message board.  if you want to talk about how wicked awesome the pats* are go somewhere else.   as jet fans, we rarely get good news and your bullsh*t isn't going to ruin 5 great wins in a row.   

I love the entitled pats* fans who get their panties in a bunch when they don't win every game.   I can't wait to see foxboro empty once bellichek* and brady* retire.   once in a lifetime qb + hc and they were still so insecure that they felt the need to find new ways to cheat.   

Lionel Richie is wise.....

No matter what was decided the Pats are still in a better position by losing.  They will not sit as many players next week, beat the Dolphins to get the number one seed and the Steelers will be out of the playoffs.  As long as the Jets win next week.

Pats seem to struggle every now and then in Miami. The Pats losing had nothing to do with "bettering" their position.  In fact one of our resident trolls was harping on about how the Pats "own" the Steelers.

Every now and then Pats fans need to tip their caps and say the better team that day won.  

what do you make of the pats* being 2-3 in their last 5 games including a humiliating blowout and an overtime choke job ?

evil genius ?

You can't really be that dumb, can you?

Pats have just clinched their 6th consecutive Division title (your almighty Jets have won 2 titles since division format was established in 1970) and have the best record in the AFC.

Do you really think BB and the Pats give a $hit about the last 5 games?

All they care about is the upcoming games in January and February.

Pats have just clinched their 6th consecutive Division title (your almighty Jets have won 2 titles since division format was established in 1970) and have the best record in the AFC.

Well, I don't think they are thrilled about how they are playing.

It's kind of odd, a month ago, the Bengals, Pat and Broncos were riding high.  Now all 3 are having issues, mainly due to health. 

The 3 teams fighting for a Wildcard are the hottest teams, (granted Pitt just crapped the sheets).  Even Houston has been playing better.  If the post season truly is about who gets hot when, it'll be interesting.  Bengals really need Dalton to regrow a thumb, and the Pats should have been able to give their guys enough time off to get healthy.

Well, I don't think they are thrilled about how they are playing.

It's kind of odd, a month ago, the Bengals, Pat and Broncos were riding high.  Now all 3 are having issues, mainly due to health. 

The 3 teams fighting for a Wildcard are the hottest teams, (granted Pitt just crapped the sheets).  Even Houston has been playing better.  If the post season truly is about who gets hot when, it'll be interesting.  Bengals really need Dalton to regrow a thumb, and the Pats should have been able to give their guys enough time off to get healthy.

Great post, that is why the NFL is so good!

I think I hit a sore spot, lol

they should give a shlt if they want home field 

The Pats cheerleaders could line up against the Dolphins and win.

Pats easily have, yet again, the #1 seed in the AFC.

including KC, NYJ, & Pitt ... Which AFC opponent do you think has the best chance to beat Pats in NE?

I think the decision to kick actually makes sense as long as your defense can hold to a FG or less.   If your defense holds to a FG then your offense gets 4 downs to move the chains instead of 3.   If the D can force a punt then you win with a FG.  

Given the Pats* offensive struggles vs. the Jets D (the lone TD took 4th down conversions) and the relative weakness of the Jets offense in the 4th quarter I think it was a solid calculated risk for Bellichek*.  Obviously it didn't work out but the decision makes sense.  

People look at the result and because it went against "conventional wisdom" somehow it was wrong.   BB knows his team better than anyone.  And anyone who watched the game (objectively) understands how ineffective NE's offense was on Sunday, HoF QB and all..  NE scored one (1) TD and it took two (2) desperate fourth down conversions to do it.  BB KNEW the best teh O likely could do was a FG in OT (if that), and kicking and playing field position really was the best chance for victory.  

The new OT rules change everything.  If the Pats elected to receive, the odds are they would have gone 3 and out.  And they were DEAD if they did that.  

Jets or KC.

Pats would steamroll the Steelers, Broncos or Bengals in Foxboro.

Bengals are so crushed at QB.  In a way, I really wanted to see if Dalton could win a playoff game, or just go one and out.  The Broncos look so..  off.   If you guys are healthy, you beat the Steelers 49-35 in a game with 1000 passing yards.

KC is interesting.  You can't discount a 8-9 game winning streak.  I happen to like Alex Smith, if it wasn't for the inability of a punt returner to catch a ball, you would have seen him vs the Pats in a SB a few years ago.  He is totally good enough to take a team there and win. 

Archived