Kirk Cousins News

KRL

Interesting tweet from Schefter, I would be VERY CAREFUL negotiating with Cousins.
He probably wants "franchise QB" $$$ but I wouldn't trust him.  In the beginning part of
the season he was brutal, now he wants 15+ million a year???  I wouldn't give it to
him

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  1 hour ago 

Redskins and QB Kirk Cousins have broken off contract talks, per team source.
No further talks scheduled.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Interesting tweet from Schefter, I would be VERY CAREFUL negotiating with Cousins.
He probably wants "franchise QB" $$$ but I wouldn't trust him.  In the beginning part of
the season he was brutal, now he wants 15+ million a year???  I wouldn't give it to
him

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  1 hour ago 

Redskins and QB Kirk Cousins have broken off contract talks, per team source.
No further talks scheduled.

Oh sh*t, a player wants to get paid the most amount of money that he can based on very recent performance and a shortage of quality talent at his position?  NO WAY.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh sh*t, a player wants to get paid the most amount of money that he can based on very recent performance and a shortage of quality talent at his position?  NO WAY.

And as if opening negotiations on mid February mean anything.  It's a friggen business.  Players try and get maximum dollars and GMs try and sign on the cheap.

Never mind the only thing that counts in any of these deals is the guaranteed money. 

I would not overpay him. He wasn't good in 2014 when he had chances to start. I'd stay with Fitz who will be a lot cheaper. Cousins should not overprice himself because he has a good situation with Wash. They like him and he has a job. Kind of a little like Fitz. Give a hometown discount to the franchise that loves you. Where you fit in best. 

The hate for Cousins he is ridiculous he is a much better qb that trashpatrick

All the Redskins need is about 2 or 3 players for their defense (remind you that this GM built the redskins roster and turned them into a contender in a year) and they will be running the east. While the Jets have a sh*t qb who throws ducks and make dumbass mistakes that cost the Jets 4 games.

7 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

All the Redskins need is about 2 or 3 players for their defense (remind you that this GM built the redskins roster and turned them into a contender in a year) and they will be running the east. While the Jets have a sh*t qb who throws ducks and make dumbass mistakes that cost the Jets 4 games.

Nobody hates him they just don't think he's better than Brady like you do

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

The jets had a softer schedule than the skins did

18 of his 29 TDs came against TB, NO, Buffalo, Philly, and Dallas. The last three in the last three weeks. So he had 11 TDs in the other 11 games. Pretty solid. ::eyeroll::

He's not good and whomever gives him the contract he wants will regret it eventually.

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

18 of his 29 TDs came against TB, NO, Buffalo, Philly, and Dallas. The last three in the last three weeks. So he had 11 TDs in the other 11 games. Pretty solid. ::eyeroll::

He's not good and whomever gives him the contract he wants will regret it eventually.

Cousins wasn't good until week 9, don't get me wrong here I'm not sold on him I'm just saying it was the tale of two halves 

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Playing against the crappiest division in football?  I dunno

Pretty much the lamest excuse for hating a player ever. 

When we put winning %'s against next to every QB, every star RB, every star WR then use this.  

Funny its only used to shoo off someone we dont like, never as an aside to someone we do like

I think Cousins is a solid QB.  I wouldn't hate him on the Jets as he's better than what we have.  However, I'm not sure he's good enough to take us to the promised land so I kind of hope we don't end up with him.  I certainly wouldn't pay him the big money he's asking for (though possibly some team will). 

I think of your Washington you have to franchise him, pay him more than he's worth for a year to see if he's for real. Sure, it may cost you a few more $$ on the long term deal, but if you find out he's your franchise QB for the next 5 years, who cares? The Broncos best move is to get a deal done with Miller and take a 1 year trial on Osweiler, too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

and did you see whom Trashasspatricks Td's came against? Fitz has only beat 3 teams with a winning record in his 11 year career, he is the real trash one.

and Cousins lit up those Buffalo and philly teams that Fitzpatrick threw a combined 8 picks against lmao.

Jets fans are so delusional I love it.

Andy Dalton Contract.

6 year $96 Million $17 Million guaranteed extension, which really makes it a 7 year $96 Million contract

year one cap hit $10 Million

Year two cap hit $12 Million

Year three cap hit $12 Million

Year Four cap hit $14 Million

Year five cap hit $16 Million

Year six cap hit $16 Million

Year seven cap hit $16 Million

6 hours ago, Colgateman said:

Contender to win the worst division in the league, a division that was still open for the 4-8 Cowboys in wk 14! Let that sink in before your absurdity reaches some next level sh*t.

40 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Throwing to whom exactly?

Turned Jordan Reed into a star...

And Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson. It also helps when your TE was already progressing like a top TE the years prior despite injuries.

6 minutes ago, j4jets said:

And Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson. It also helps when your TE was already progressing like a top TE the years prior despite injuries.

An injured Jackson had 30 catches in 9 games and Reed had 3 TDs in 2 years and zero in one of them...

2 hours ago, Colgateman said:

and did you see whom Trashasspatricks Td's came against? Fitz has only beat 3 teams with a winning record in his 11 year career, he is the real trash one.

and Cousins lit up those Buffalo and philly teams that Fitzpatrick threw a combined 8 picks against lmao.

Jets fans are so delusional I love it.

I remember Trashasspatricks lit up your garbage team.

/end of discussion.

3 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

An injured Jackson had 30 catches in 9 games and Reed had 3 TDs in 2 years and zero in one of them...

You happen to remember Jackson got hurt, but you don't want to acknowledge Reed was hurt half the time last two years. Good for you.

11 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Bro, Garcon has fallen off the cliff a lot for a guy still in his 20s. Jackson missed half the season (not coincidentally, the time during which Cousins wasn't playing well.) While he was out, Garcon could barely get open. I saw some of those Washington games and he isn't much anymore.

6 hours ago, cant wait said:

The jets had a softer schedule than the skins did

They got to play three sh*tty teams, six times. They also got to play two more sh*tty teams in the AFC (Bills and Dolfags). Then they got to play two crappy teams in Bucs n Saints. Then they played the Rams and Bears, two more steaming pile of sh*t teams. So thats 12 teams thats couldn't break even with the wins. The other 4 teams? Jets, Pats, Panthers and the 8-8 Falcons.

Jets, on the other hand, played 6 games against teams with 8 or more wins (Pats, Pats, Bills, Bills, sh*tskins, and Colts).

Archived