Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't fluff the troll. 

Seriously slats, how am I a troll?

I have never personally attacked another poster, I don't use vulgar language and I try to stay on thread topics.

Just because I state my opinion that is different than yours, I am a troll?

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's factually incorrect. How many carries did Martin have when our lead was >10 points? Three.

31 carries were with Jax within 10 points of us. So that's a load of garbage. Teams don't sit on a 10 point lead with (ironically) one of the game's most careful QBs with the ball that year. Vin man, Keyshawn, and Chrebet kept moving the chains that year to allow all those carries. If I remember correctly, our boys finished 1-2 in the NFL in 3rd down conversion catches that year. 

If a hole was in front of him, he usually ran through it (too often, slowly). If no hole was there, Mr. "Vision" was a big nothing at making something out of nothing. Good all around back, with an inhuman threshold for dealing with pain, but not a difference maker with all the marbles on the line. He needed others to make his job easy so he could take credit for it all.

Going into the 4th quarter we were up 31-14...

Jacksonville Jaguars 24 at New York Jets 34

Sunday, January 10, 1999

1 2 3 4 Final
Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5-0) 0 7 7 10 24
New York Jets (12-4-0) 7 10 14 3 34

I took a quick look at ESPN for Qb stats and I didn't check out all of those numbers. But anyways they had Hoyer, Landry Jones, McCarron and Bridgewater rated over Fitz. I'll give you a few stats too: 31-15. And 10 Ws. Previous season:4-10. And despite what Sperm says imo he was the key to this. Now one question for you. If Fitz is so bad isn't it good for your team that we re-sign him. I doubt it strongly.

Hey Ranger, I owe you an apology.

You are certainly entitled to you opinion.

On March 25, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Snell41 said:

He also played pretty much lights out the prior 5 games to get us in position to be thewre against BUF.  I'm not even advocating for the guy, but Christ every QB has a bad game at some point. 

Lights out? LMAO!

12 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Going into the 4th quarter we were up 31-14...

Jacksonville Jaguars 24 at New York Jets 34

Sunday, January 10, 1999

1 2 3 4 Final
Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5-0) 0 7 7 10 24
New York Jets (12-4-0) 7 10 14 3 34

For 1 possession. And he got 3 carries on 1 that possession before it went back to being a 10 point game. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wrong. We were up by 17 for exactly 1 possession. The entire rest of the game it was within 10. 

Yeah toward the end they had KJ playing DB that was when Brunell was 28 and a decent QB we got him later in his 40's..LOL

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Yeah toward the end they had KJ playing DB that was when Brunell was 28 and a decent QB we got him later in his 40's..LOL

So the excuse he gave you, that we were just nursing a giant lead all game long, and that's the reason for Martin's low ypc, is horsesh*t. 

Not to mention, isn't the purpose of an elite back to do this great job in the face of such adversity, not use adversity as a crutch excuse for meh? 

22 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I have never personally attacked another poster, I don't use vulgar language and I try to stay on thread topics.

First of all, you live under a bridge...

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Do you post delusional falsehoods just so you can feel better?

Fitz was not even close to a top NFL QB in any single statistical measurement.

When you look at the "facts", he was a bottom-feeding NFL QB last year:

29th in completion percentage

27th in INT's

27th in YPA

24th in QBR

He wasn't even in the top 10 for TD's and yardage.

this is right on the money.  Those were Fitz' numbers relative to the other NFL QBs. By 2015 standards, it is bottom third of the league or worse.  But for many Jets fans, the fact that these numbers are the best in Jets history, there's a glimmer of hope.  Goes to show you that everything rides on QB.  Jets scouting is to blame for this and both Testaverde and Favre were promising but got hurt.  Meanwhile, NE comp picks itself to Brady in round 6.  How fortunate for you. 

Don't you see that you are preying on the wounded here?  It's like hunting starving animals by putting out lots of food bait.  It's way too easy and you should be embarrased for taking advantage of the helpless.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So the excuse he gave you, that we were just nursing a giant lead all game long, and that's the reason for Martin's low ypc, is horsesh*t. 

Not to mention, isn't the purpose of an elite back to do this great job in the face of such adversity, not use adversity as a crutch excuse for meh? 

I always got a kick out of Martinette's that said the Bronco's had to stop the dangerous 3.5 ypc Martin yet the Jets with the Tuna and BB had no worry's about TD with his 5.1 ypc 2008 yd 20+ td season..LOL

Just now, Savage69 said:

I always got a kick out of Martinette's that said the Bronco's had to stop the dangerous 3.5 ypc Martin yet the Jets with the Tuna and BB had no worry's about TD with his 5.1 ypc 2008 yd 20+ td season..LOL

Didn't we "know" TD was getting the ball in a good number of those situations? That is what made him a gamer more than someone else's longevity and excuses. That and chop-blocking lol. 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this is right on the money.  Those were Fitz' numbers relative to the other NFL QBs. By 2015 standards, it is bottom third of the league or worse.  But for many Jets fans, the fact that these numbers are the best in Jets history, there's a glimmer of hope.  Goes to show you that everything rides on QB.  Jets scouting is to blame for this and both Testaverde and Favre were promising but got hurt.  Meanwhile, NE comp picks itself to Brady in round 6.  How fortunate for you. 

Don't you see that you are preying on the wounded here?  It's like hunting starving animals by putting out lots of food bait.  It's way too easy and you should be embarrased for taking advantage of the helpless.

Again you're cherry picking stats from whatever site you're using. NFL.com said he ranked 15th in the NFL in 2015 among Qbs. I'd take that in 2016. And his coaches and teammates want him back. So do most Jets fans. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Pipe dream.  Although I'd bet that most people want him out of here.  But this is no democracy, otherwise there would have been a poll.  There are a few regs here who seem to really enjoy the TX comedy show.  And the Mods love him.  They keep bringing him back.  More clicks when people reply = better for JN website.   Until Max feels differently, we are stuck with ol' TX.  

He is a fictional character.

Guess you arent aware Max and all mods sign on as Tx ?

All about the clicks baby

42 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Are you trolling me now? I think you're trolling me now. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Again you're cherry picking stats from whatever site you're using. NFL.com said he ranked 15th in the NFL in 2015 among Qbs. I'd take that in 2016. And his coaches and teammates want him back. So do most Jets fans. 

A broad rank over a single season ignores competition level and assumes all to be equal, which is ridiculous. 

What would most others look like with our pair of giant WRs and our cushy schedule? Those stats never attempt to ask. What would Fitz look like without a pair of starters like ours and a normal schedule? Hell I've seen massive excuses mount just when freaking Bilal Powell wasn't in a game, as though no QB could succeed through such adversity. 

He's meh. The entire league knows why he put up good (but nowhere near elite) numbers. Such opinions, of NFL professionals who know better, are reflected in the (allegedly) lowball and non-offers Fitz has received. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Geesh.  I just peed a little.

On March 24, 2016 at 10:35 AM, kmnj said:

browns got rg3 they already made in known they are not going to keep mcCown so I am sure you can him for a late round pick which I would do today-yes you can wait and maybe get him for nothing but I would sign him now at a late round pick -use him this year and see what happens with petty and geno

Correction: Conditional late round pick. If he makes the opening day roster it's a 7th in 2018. If he starts more than 8 games it's a 7th in 2017.

For Cleveland, it vastly beats releasing him outright and paying him his $1M guaranteed and have him play elsewhere. We don't have to offer them much of anything at all. Just getting us to take over the contract is value enough for them. 

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A broad rank over a single season ignores competition level and assumes all to be equal, which is ridiculous. 

What would most others look like with our pair of giant WRs and our cushy schedule? Those stats never attempt to ask. What would Fitz look like without a pair of starters like ours and a normal schedule? Hell I've seen massive excuses mount just when freaking Bilal Powell wasn't in a game, as though no QB could succeed through such adversity. 

He's meh. The entire league knows why he put up good (but nowhere near elite) numbers. Such opinions, of NFL professionals who know better, are reflected in the (allegedly) lowball and non-offers Fitz has received. 

You make it sound like Marshall was a one man team and Fitz was a non factor. Well that's not what Marshall thinks. Our skill position players  in '15 were good (as a group) not great. And if a skill position player had made one great catch we'd have made the playoffs. As for strength of schedule that's not determined until the end of the season. Every single one of those games was tough. A team like the Colts was expected to win but Luck was injured and had a bad year. And by the way the NFL.com ranking how do you know it doesn't include any of these variables. It sounds to me you're just looking for reasons to diss Fitz. Your privilege. I totally disagree.

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You make it sound like Marshall was a one man team and Fitz was a non factor. Well that's not what Marshall thinks. Our skill position players  in '15 were good (as a group) not great. And if a skill position player had made one great catch we'd have made the playoffs. As for strength of schedule that's not determined until the end of the season. Every single one of those games was tough. A team like the Colts was expected to win but Luck was injured and had a bad year. And by the way the NFL.com ranking how do you know it doesn't include any of these variables. It sounds to me you're just looking for reasons to diss Fitz. Your privilege. I totally disagree.

What Marshall thinks lol. Marshall thinks he was targeted a million times and will get the ball whenever he tells Fitz to throw it to him. Marshall was also just as verbally supportive of Geno Smith in July-Aug. 

And saying "every single one" of our games was tough is just patently absurd. As though playing all those injury riddled and bottom ranked pass defenses is the exact same thing as playing elite (or even mostly average) pass D's. Literally nobody rationally thinks this.

NFL.com does not rank anyone based on normalized stats. If you can point to them doing that then prove it (since you're the one citing their alleged ranking). Until then it is a baseless assumption. All they do is post aggregate, raw numbers.

With regard to citing his stats and suggesting that infers a level f dominance, do you know what a paper tiger is? 

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He is NOT a starting QB. He is a veteran backup that is only signed as a transitional player that will enter camp as the incumbent starter. 3 times what he made last year on a team that needs to retool is completely irresponsible.

Would you rather have him or McClown ???

Just now, Maxman said:

I just merged all the Fitzpatrick threads from page 2 and 3 together. :)

Can you merge Geno Smith's physical abilities with Fitz character/leadership traits?  Then I'd be willing to give Fitz 15 mill for the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Can you merge Geno Smith's physical abilities with Fitz character/leadership traits?  Then I'd be willing to give Fitz 15 mill for the next 3 years.

Might have to write an app for that. Give me a few days please....

9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Where are you importing the decision making and awareness from? Neither have that trait. 

Archived