Jeremy Kerley’s Time With Jets Comes to Close

JetNation

18 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Oh so because Snacks started out as a UDFA means NT is not a premium position.  Kurt Warner and Warren Moon were UDFA I guess qb is also not a premium position 

it's a not a position that draws huge contracts in most years, NYG had a boatload of cap and had to spend so they overspent.  we will be fine.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My money is on 1 of:

Roddy White

Greg Jennings 

Marquis Colston

Andre Johnson

Mike Wallace

you know I know it we all know it. Just a matter of which one. 

Colston I would like for us as a depth signing but he failed a physical which led to him getting cut by the Saints.

Mike Wallace would make a lot of sense for the pats who don't have a receiver with speed that can stretch the field.

On 3/9/2016 at 1:44 PM, drdetroit said:

This is a mind bogglingly bad offseason so far.

How so?

Kerley is a JAG.  Fitz (it seems) is overpriced.  And Snacks, while very good, isn't worth what he asked for this Jets team.

A #4 WR with no role.  A Veteran Backup QB (who I like, but still).  And a UDFA NT on a line full of 1st round pick contracts and with backups in place to replace him.

What else have we lost that we shouldn't have and/or not acquired that we should have?

"Mind bogglingly bad" seems just a tad bit hysterical hyperbole, tbqh.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How so?

Kerley is a JAG.  Fitz (it seems) is overpriced.  And Snacks, while very good, isn't worth what he asked for this Jets team.

A #4 WR with no role.  A Veteran Backup QB (who I like, but still).  And a UDFA NT on a line full of 1st round pick contracts and with backups in place to replace him.

What else have we lost that we shouldn't have and/or not acquired that we should have?

"Mind bogglingly bad" seems just a tad bit hysterical hyperbole, tbqh.

Kerley is not a JAG you guys are chugging kool aid now.

5 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Kerley is not a JAG you guys are chugging kool aid now.

Remind me, in our best Offensive year in a looooong time, how much of a role did Kerley play as the #4/#5 WR?

Right, no role at all.

I think we'll be ok.  

kerley would be better at edelman's role than edelman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill would love to stick it to Jets yet again and turn a castoff into an useful player

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bill would love to stick it to Jets yet again and turn a castoff into an useful player

Think you have to wait to see what happens with Hogan. If Buffalo doesn't match and he goes to Pats, think Kerley may visit Bills.

How many slot receivers are they going to line up with an every-down TE? They already have 3.

Apparently 7 when they roll out gronk, Edelman and amendola sets that's 3 guys who play out of might as well make it 4!

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

Remind me, in our best Offensive year in a looooong time, how much of a role did Kerley play as the #4/#5 WR?

Right, no role at all.

I think we'll be ok.  

Yeah because we had Marshall and Decker.  Anytime decker got hurt and Kerley played he was effective. If decker or Marshall go down with a serious injury we have Devon smith who sucked and is coming off an all and the immortal KT.

Is the kool-aid made with sucrose or fructose?

3 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Is the kool-aid made with sucrose or fructose?

You'd have to tell me, you're the one lamenting the release of a #4 WR with minimal skills and upside, who just happened to get playing time back in the day because we had no one better.

Notice anyone signing Kerley yet?

Nope, me neither.

Who knows, maybe he'll come back at Veteran minimum if/when he finds other options unavailable.  Wouldn't that be nice?

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

yes... we see all the teams around the NFL clamoring to sign Jeremy Kerley.

/end thread. 

If Kerley had any good value, another team would have already signed him for a decent amount of money.

Especially a guy who was cut, and therefore doesn't figure into any comp pick calculations. 

3 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Heading to Detroit to obviously be Megatron's replacement, Matt Stafford has to be psyched.

That is a good spot for him. They should bring back the run and shoot.

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:
 Brian Costello Retweeted

Jets coach Todd Bowles: New Lions WR Jeremy Kerley has "probably the best hands I've ever seen"

LOL  This is weird.  If Kerley's hands were so great, why didn't they put him on the field last year?

Because he can't get open. That's honestly the only other job requirement.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:
 Brian Costello Retweeted

Jets coach Todd Bowles: New Lions WR Jeremy Kerley has "probably the best hands I've ever seen"

LOL  This is weird.  If Kerley's hands were so great, why didn't they put him on the field last year?

Actually. it explains why he was kept as the punt returner despite the inability to make any plays at the position. The coaches knew he would always catch the football .

Jeremy Kerley - WR -  Lions

Newly-signed Lions WR Jeremy Kerley blames the new coaching staff in New York for his lack of production last season.

"It was the opportunity. I didn't get to actually play. That was the main reason," Kerley said. "New coaching staff came in, they already knew the guys they wanted to play. They already had their scheme going, and they wanted bigger receivers." Kerley saw just 26 targets last year after averaging 80 the previous three seasons. He could see more work in an offense still reeling from the loss of Calvin Johnson, but he remains a slot-type who is unlikely to create big plays in the passing game. Even after signing Marvin Jones and Kerley, the Lions could use some help at receiver.

Source: MLive.com 
Mar 28 - 9:12 AM

Archived