Browns willing to deal the #2 pick.

joewilly12

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports  |  By Grey Papke  |  Last updated 4/13/16
8105784.jpg 
The Browns reportedly are dangling the second-overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. Ron Schwane-USA TODAY Sports

The Cleveland Browns are reportedly open to dealing the second pick in the NFL Draft.

NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein hears that the Browns would be content to take a quarterback in round two – and “something big” is going to happen at the top of the draft order.

The Browns did just sign Robert Griffin III, so perhaps they feel prepared to roll with him for a year or two and look for a quarterback a bit later in the draft. It would make sense.

If this is to be believed, it would mean that both of the top two picks in the draft are available for the right price. There is at least one team outside of the top five that some have speculated may try to move up, likely with an eye on one of the big-name quarterback prospects.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nobody wants Milliner. Mo and 20 isn't enough. 

I like Wentz he's my favorite qb in the draft I just don't know if trading up for him is the answer. 

I guess I would offer Mo and the 20 pick but anything more would be an enormous gamble.

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports  |  By Grey Papke  |  Last updated 4/13/16
8105784.jpg 
The Browns reportedly are dangling the second-overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft. Ron Schwane-USA TODAY Sports

The Cleveland Browns are reportedly open to dealing the second pick in the NFL Draft.

NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein hears that the Browns would be content to take a quarterback in round two – and “something big” is going to happen at the top of the draft order.

The Browns did just sign Robert Griffin III, so perhaps they feel prepared to roll with him for a year or two and look for a quarterback a bit later in the draft. It would make sense.

If this is to be believed, it would mean that both of the top two picks in the draft are available for the right price. There is at least one team outside of the top five that some have speculated may try to move up, likely with an eye on one of the big-name quarterback prospects.

I call Bs.  The Browns are just giving the impression that they aren't high on the second pick.  ( smokescreen) .  They don't want a Qb needy team to trade up in front of the Browns , and pick the first Qb.    

By telling people they are willing to trade back, they hope that discourages a team from jumping in front of them.     

Robert Griffin shouldn't prevent the Browns from addressing the Qb position long term.

Browns trading up to #1, probably spooked of losing whatever QB they covet.  I can see Ten cashing grabbing some picks to move down 1 spot and then cash in more picks by moving down again a couple more spots as San Fran and St Louis and Dallas battle it out for the other QB leftover.  Sleeper contender being the Jets.  Titans have opportunity to have like 15 picks in this draft if they play it right lol

8 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Browns trading up to #1, probably spooked of losing whatever QB they covet.  I can see Ten cashing grabbing some picks to move down 1 spot and then cash in more picks by moving down again a couple more spots as San Fran and St Louis and Dallas battle it out for the other QB leftover.  Sleeper contender being the Jets.  Titans have opportunity to have like 15 picks in this draft if they play it right lol

We need immediate impact players not camp bodies or what if guys. 

58 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I call Bs.  The Browns are just giving the impression that they aren't high on the second pick.  ( smokescreen) .  They don't want a Qb needy team to trade up in front of the Browns , and pick the first Qb.    

By telling people they are willing to trade back, they hope that discourages a team from jumping in front of them.     

Robert Griffin shouldn't prevent the Browns from addressing the Qb position long term.

don't get me wrong I'd love the jets to draft wentz, but is he really a better prospect than bridgewater or carr were?

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We need immediate impact players not camp bodies or what if guys. 

It was said more as a joke/long shot odds type of thing.  I think the jets have a .000005% chance of moving into the top 10.  I actually want them to trade back from 20 if Lynch is there and pick up an additional pick or 2

12 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

It was said more as a joke/long shot odds type of thing.  I think the jets have a .000005% chance of moving into the top 10.  I actually want them to trade back from 20 if Lynch is there and pick up an additional pick or 2

I think if Macc wants us to be in the top 3 he will get us there some way some how. 

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What does Carson Wentz do that RGIII doesn't?

The problem is because someone (I think Gruden?) said "Wentz is the smartest QB in the draft since Luck" his stock rocketed up. Before that he was a late 1st/early 2nd prospect. The majority of Wentz's competition was soon-to-be Verizon store assistsnt managers. Joe Flacco has been the exception for players coming out of that division, but Wentz is no sure thing and is going to need time to develop.

I say RGIII as awful as he has been could actually beat out Wentz for the starter job in year 1. 

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The problem is because someone (I think Gruden?) said "Wentz is the smartest QB in the draft since Luck" his stock rocketed up. Before that he was a late 1st/early 2nd prospect. The majority of Wentz's competition was soon-to-be Verizon store assistsnt managers. Joe Flacco has been the exception for players coming out of that division, but Wentz is no sure thing and is going to need time to develop.

I say RGIII as awful as he has been could actually beat out Wentz for the starter job in year 1. 

I think so, too. Hue is going to line him up in the spread and do what he did at Baylor and what Cam is doing now. 

Everyone has a Favorite in this  QB derby . That's fine and the right of every fan until the Jets make a decision and then true Jet fans get behind our New QB until he proves on the field that he can't do the Job . 

I just happen to like Hackenberg because I  believe with every fiber of my being that he has that championship makeup that the Jets haven't had in forever .

I like Wentz because I watch him and I see a bigger stronger more athletic  Chad Pennington .  

That is all .

27 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ever QB in this draft needs time to sit and develop . The question is do any of em have the skill set to take a team to a championship and the winning pedigree to back it up . 

Wentz win, and has everything you look for in a Franchise QB .

Hackenberg has never had a losing season at Penn State despite his awful #s and even more horrible offensive scheme and supporting cast .

Cook wins  Period .

I read this board, and all I see is Jet fans wanting the sexy player, but does he win when it matters .

What good is a hot woman if she can't cook ?

22 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Ever QB in this draft needs time to sit and develop . The question is do any of em have the skill set to take a team to a championship and the winning pedigree to back it up . 

Wentz win, and has everything you look for in a Franchise QB .

Hackenberg has never had a losing season at Penn State despite his awful #s and even more horrible offensive scheme and supporting cast .

Cook wins  Period .

I read this board, and all I see is Jet fans wanting the sexy player, but does he win when it matters .

What good is a hot woman if she can't suck ?

Fixed

I would like to drop my annual hot ?????? mock draft here, but only the top ten picks. @RutgersJetFan

1. Tennessee Titans: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, FSU

The Titans already have a decent OLT in Taylor Lewan, and their RT situation isn't bleak enough to use this pick on Tunsil. I think they take the guy who may be the best pure athlete in the draft to help prop up perhaps the worst secondary in the league in Ramsey.

2. Cleveland Browns: Laremy Tunsil, OLT, Ole Miss

I'm of the belief that Hue Jackson has his quarterback in RGIII, and doesn't plan on screwing him up by bringing in another QB. RGIII lost his mind in Washington when the Shanahans held Kirk Cousins over him as a threat to get his ass in gear, and that started the wheels in motion that effectively ruined his Redskins career. If Hue can make Andy Dalton look like a decent QB with those spread sets, he should be able to at least try to fix RGIII by doing the same. Tunsil pairs with Joe Thomas to give the Browns some sweet titty bookends.

@RutgersJetFan

3. San Diego Chargers: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA 

Other than QB, the Chargers depth chart is a giant depository of sadness and misery. Jack is the clear BPA here.

TRADE! NY Jets trade the #20 overall pick, their third round pick in 2017, and Mo Wilkerson to the Cowboys for pick #4

4. NY Jets (from Cowboys): Jared Goff, QB, Cal

The Cowboys need a pass rusher and consider Joey Bosa here, but Jerry Jones can't help but be the goober genius he is and trades back in the first, picking up a potentially better player in Wilkerson besides. The Cowboys can have the cap space they need to sign Wilkerson by cutting the awful Brandon Carr. Jerry gets to look like a ninja master while the Jets pick up a face of the franchise QB who actually seems to understand the passing game, is fearless in the pocket, and has experienced enough adversity in his playing career to handle the rigors of dealing with Manish Mehta. This is win-win all around. To those pricks skeptical of this trade, Eric Edholm (who used to work for the Cowboys and is still tight with Jerry) signaled today that there would be a major deal in the top five. I'm like Columbo.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

The Jaguars are so close to being great. They have the sick passing attack, a decent rushing attack, a bunch of talented kids on defense, $54 mil in cap space, and John Idzik.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB, Clemson

7. San Francisco 49ers: Carson Wentz, QB, NDSU

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State

10. New York Giants: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

@RutgersJetFan

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would like to drop my annual hot ?????? mock draft here, but only the top ten picks. @RutgersJetFan

1. Tennessee Titans: Jalen Ramsey, CB/S, FSU

The Titans already have a decent OLT in Taylor Lewan, and their RT situation isn't bleak enough to use this pick on Tunsil. I think they take the guy who may be the best pure athlete in the draft to help prop up perhaps the worst secondary in the league in Ramsey.

2. Cleveland Browns: Laremy Tunsil, OLT, Ole Miss

I'm of the belief that Hue Jackson has his quarterback in RGIII, and doesn't plan on screwing him up by bringing in another QB. RGIII lost his mind in Washington when the Shanahans held Kirk Cousins over him as a threat to get his ass in gear, and that started the wheels in motion that effectively ruined his Redskins career. If Hue can make Andy Dalton look like a decent QB with those spread sets, he should be able to at least try to fix RGIII by doing the same. Tunsil pairs with Joe Thomas to give the Browns some sweet titty bookends.

@RutgersJetFan

3. San Diego Chargers: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA 

Other than QB, the Chargers depth chart is a giant depository of sadness and misery. Jack is the clear BPA here.

TRADE! NY Jets trade the #20 overall pick, their third round pick in 2017, and Mo Wilkerson to the Cowboys for pick #4

4. NY Jets (from Cowboys): Jared Goff, QB, Cal

The Cowboys need a pass rusher and consider Joey Bosa here, but Jerry Jones can't help but be the goober genius he is and trades back in the first, picking up a potentially better player in Wilkerson besides. The Cowboys can have the cap space they need to sign Wilkerson by cutting the awful Brandon Carr. Jerry gets to look like a ninja master while the Jets pick up a face of the franchise QB who actually seems to understand the passing game, is fearless in the pocket, and has experienced enough adversity in his playing career to handle the rigors of dealing with Manish Mehta. This is win-win all around. To those pricks skeptical of this trade, Eric Edholm (who used to work for the Cowboys and is still tight with Jerry) signaled today that there would be a major deal in the top five. I'm like Columbo.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

The Jaguars are so close to being great. They have the sick passing attack, a decent rushing attack, a bunch of talented kids on defense, $54 mil in cap space, and John Idzik.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB, Clemson

7. San Francisco 49ers: Carson Wentz, QB, NDSU

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State

10. New York Giants: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

@RutgersJetFan

I'd rather just trade with the Bears and get either Goff or Wentz in this scenario, I prefer Wentz.

Archived