Jets made offer to Tennessee for #1 pick

Matt39

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we weren't even one of the top two picks... we may have made a cursory "see if they gives us the #1 pick for less than top value" type of offer, but I don't think anything irresponsible was offered.

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

For a franchise QB, I wouldn't care if they gave up their first round pick for the next 10 years. 

This news bums me out, to be honest. 

every top rookie QB is a franchise QB, until 2 years later after the GM is fired and the QB is on backup duty. These type of trades almost never work out. Matter of fact, I cant think of a time when it did off the top of my head. 

This trade was less about the talent and more about the GM/coach being scared sh*tless because they're going to lose their job if they dont make it to the playoffs. Whats worse is that if they do get fired, the next GM/Coach has to deal with not having any damn draft picks. 

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Trolling??????  Lets see FACT the Rams got the #1 pick reports are the Jets tried but didnt get the #1 pick that equals FAIL just like you're attempt to tarnish my reputation. 

Go to hell TROLL

I had no idea joewilly12 had this side. I, for one, am most upset about the banishment to Hell. That's serious joe, you shouldn't do that to someone. This guy's got a family.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

every top rookie QB is a franchise QB, until 2 years later after the GM is fired and the QB is on backup duty. These type of trades almost never work out. Matter of fact, I cant think of a time when it did off the top of my head. 

its kinda like poker. no matter how good you are, how well you play, bad luck will send you home. same as gm'ing. no matter how good a scout you are, to find that franchise guy, you need a little luck. put all you eggs in one basket, 9 out of 10 times, you lose your job.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This trade was less about the talent and more about the GM/coach being scared sh*tless because they're going to lose their job if they dont make it to the playoffs. 

I agree it reeks of desperation. 

Wentz is the only QB who I sort of like in this draft. I like Hackenberg's potential too, but there's quite a few red flags with him. 

At this point the Jets should work out a deal for Glennon. Use the first round pick on a pass rusher. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Thats exactly what it was. 

yes.  he doesn't have to mortgage the next regime's success to throw a hail mary.  he could trade mo for a 2nd and 3rd to the titans and still not draft a qb until later, fill all kinds of  needs and then take a qb next season.  and as linked to qbs as mccags has been in this draft i wonder if the pure scout takes over.

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I had no idea joewilly12 had this side. I, for one, am most upset about the banishment to Hell. That's serious joe, you shouldn't do that to someone. This guy's got a family.

Hes a Jets fan we are resilient he will get over it.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whats up with you? You been on some sh*ttiness for about a week now. It's a bit unusual. Just look how you're talking to people. 

And I've read a couple of prior comments from you and you're even resorting to baiting. 

Wife kicked you out of the house or something? It really sounds like you've had a sh*tty life for the past week. You need a hug man? Relax. 

There's nothing sh*tty about responding to him on-topic, even if I thought he might be trolling. I think all you've noticed is that I picked at your hypocrisy and foolish arguing the other day... and, because you're thin-skinned, now you've been paying closer attention to me than usual.

Anyway, I'm back on topic here. If you'd like to talk about my wife more.... then don't let me stand in the way of it. By all means, carry on... 

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

its kinda like poker. no matter how good you are, how well you play, bad luck will send you home. same as gm'ing. no matter how good a scout you are, to find that franchise guy, you need a little luck. put all you eggs in one basket, 9 out of 10 times, you lose your job.

Exactly. Of all of the "Franchise QB's" in the league, I dont recall any of them being drafted by a team that gave up 2 year worth of draft picks. Matter of fact, about the luck aspect of things. The last team that basically sold everything to move up in the draft "Redskins" drafted RG3 and ended up getting their actual QB during that same draft in the 4th round, and the QB they invested all of those picks in basically was the QB that allowed the 4th rounder to sit in the back ground and work. 

Today RG3 in on the Browns and that 4th rounder that the Redskins didnt have to give up any draft picks for is the QB. How many times must we see this before we realize that you're just digging your franchise a hole while at the same time potentially developing another franchise. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. Of all of the "Franchise QB's" in the league, I dont recall any of them being drafted by a team that gave up 2 year worth of draft picks. Matter of fact, about the luck aspect of things. The last team that basically sold everything to move up in the draft "Redskins" drafted RG3 and ended up getting their actual QB during that same draft in the 4th round, and the QB they invested all of those picks in basically was the QB that allowed the 4th rounder to sit in the back ground and work. 

Today RG3 in on the Browns and that 4th rounder that the Redskins didnt have to give up any draft picks for is the QB. How many times must we see this before we realize that you're just digging your franchise a hole while at the same time potentially developing another franchise. 

Personally, I'm holding out for us to find ourselves a Russell Wilson or Derek Carr. A guy that can step up by year 2 and make us relevant, that we find in the 2nd or 3rd round because some oddball thing like height or having a brother that sucked, drove him out of round 1.

Could that be Hackenberg or Dak Prescott this year? I dunno.

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

are these two QB's worth the boatload of picks and or a top end DE???? I'm not sure

There's no surefire game-changing stud QB in this draft. But just in case, it makes sense that Tenn would send the pick to an NFC team if they could.

12 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I agree it reeks of desperation. 

Wentz is the only QB who I sort of like in this draft. I like Hackenberg's potential too, but there's quite a few red flags with him. 

At this point the Jets should work out a deal for Glennon. Use the first round pick on a pass rusher. 

I agree. The only two QB's that I like is Carson Wentz and Kevin Hogan, though I dont think Goff is bad. Neither one should be on the field the first year. I dont think the Jets should move up to get Wentz either. I would prefer we simply trade Wilkerson for a 2nd rounder, trade a 3rd or 4th for Glennon and lets see what happens this season. Did you see our schedule this season? Brutal bro. There is no reason to pay Fitz to play against those teams. Give that team to a guy like Glennon, draft Hogan somewhere in the 4th or 5th round and maybe we'll luck up with Glennon, but if we dont like what we see...based on that schedule we werent going to make the playoffs with Fitz as the QB anyway. Then we can either move on from Glennon, move Hogan up if he seems legit or get a QB next year with possibly a much better draft position. 

I personally believe Glennon could show enough to really earn his keep. I'd rather spend a 3rd rounder to find that out than ship a bunch of draft picks to the Browns to draft a QB that isnt ready. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

ask yourself this. who was the last cant miss prospect? one could probably argue only andrew luck, even tho i know your not a huge fan. now what would it have took to get the colts #1 pick? i dont think they would have took 5 1st rounders. what the skins did with rg3 and what the rams did this year was pay $10 for a $2 lottery ticket.

if the jets were sold on a guy, i could see trading 2 1st rounders to get him, but i cant see trading 2 whole drafts for the same chance, especially on a "can miss prospect" and not a "cant miss prospect"

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There's nothing sh*tty about responding to him on-topic, even if I thought he might be trolling. I think all you've noticed is that I picked at your hypocrisy and foolish arguing the other day... and, because you're thin-skinned, now you've been paying closer attention to me than usual.

Anyway, I'm back on topic here. If you'd like to talk about my wife more.... then don't let me stand in the way of it. By all means, carry on... 

I can always get your attention. 

"Wow, That was easy" lol.

Still got you on strings. @RutgersJetFan has given me the name of "The bad guy". I can play that role. You guys need people like me so you can point your ******* fingers! 

So what does that make you? Good? 

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Personally, I'm holding out for us to find ourselves a Russell Wilson or Derek Carr. A guy that can step up by year 2 and make us relevant, that we find in the 2nd or 3rd round because some oddball thing like height or having a brother that sucked, drove him out of round 1.

Could that be Hackenberg or Dak Prescott this year? I dunno.

Hackenberg and Mettenberger are brothers, no?

Mixed feelings on this.   Didn't like the fact that they tried to move to the top of the draft for one of these QB's.  Rather bring Villains boy in for a 2nd.

Good news is Wilkerson is being used as a chip.  For Titans to value him enough to almost get a deal done, they are probably still interested, with a king's ransom at their disposal

14 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Two things:

1. The Rams refusal to announce their target...for the next two weeks, is clearly a ploy to get attention. 

2. The more I think about it, the more I believe @joewilly12 REALLY is Joe Namath.

Namath wouldn't spell Willie wrong.

Archived