Jets got 3 first round "talents"

BrickTamland

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

This guy came to Penn State in the wake of the 'death penalty' levied on the Lions. Then his HC leaves after his freshman year for the pros. The kind has to be some kind of tough to go through what he has. Limited in scholarships and yet Hack won more games than he lost every year. Mentally tough, great arm talent. Just has to get up to speed with Chan Gailey. Will be the starter year two.

thats what i'm saying. this kid have every reason in the world to leave penn state for greener pastures.......and he had offers to do so. penn state was reduced to a barely functioning program by the sanctions levied due to the sandusky/paterno scandal. this kid did not give up on his team even after the coach who recruited him there to play did in fact give up and leave after his first year. then a subpar coach comes in with an unsuited system and even gives the kid bad coaching as far as footwork. this kid stuck it all out and fought like hell. this is the kind of guy i want to play for me. if he fails it won't be to giving up or lack of trying. it will only be because he doesn't have the skills........but he had the skills in his freshman year before all the bullsh*t and the sh*t coaching. as of now.....i'm a fan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

I seriously do NOT get it why so many are willing to stroke Mac for the Darron Lee pick. Do you guys even remember when you sold out? This is 100% garbage as far as I am concerned. Does Eric Mangini, the 3-4 defense, and Jonathan Vilma at all ring a bell with any of you? Darron Lee IS Vilma, like looking in a f*cking mirror. Lee is a prototypical 4-3 linebacker he is custom fit for that formation. In a 3-4? He'll get enveloped in blocks. I doubt he'll be able to get off blocks and make plays. There were MANY better players to take at 20. IMO, This is Mac's WORST pick since he got hired here and possibly the first of many....

He has as much in common with Vilma as you do with someone with football knowledge.  

You are consistent though

40 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

So you think that because our DL is better that they'll protect the little twerp Lee from getting beat up big old meanies?! WTF are talking about? This is not a game about retaliating against playground bullies. I think I've officially reached the twilight zone. Maybe if the DL protects Lee enough, maybe the DL can get some from Lee?! This is just totally f*cking weird.

Football is about MEN. It's about controlled aggression. If pocket Lee can't shed blocks (which he will INEVIDABLY have to do) then he should play pussy soccer. Either way, Mac still screwed the pooch.

6 3, 238 isn't a twerp. 

I really like our 1st and 3rd round picks... I liked Hackenberg better than Cook by far... he does have a lot of question marks around him. He has to sit for a year - they can throw him to the wolves. If we dont sign Fitz - Geno starts for a year and we go on from there.

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Whineyfish, continuing to destroy his teams draft pick.  

Gotta love your devotion to Fitz. 

I like every other pick this year just fine.

2016 Draft Picks

RD(PK) PLAYER POS SCHOOL
1(20) Darron Lee OLB Ohio State
2(20) Christian Hackenberg QB Penn State
3(20) Jordan Jenkins OLB Georgia
4(20) Juston Burris CB North Carolina State
5(19) Brandon Shell OT South Carolina
7(14) Loc Edwards P Sam Houston State
7(20) Charone Peake WR Clemson

Other than Hack, I like this draft, addressed alot of needs.  I like getting a QB, just not this one.

15 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Why do you think the Rams gave Mark Barron a $40 million extension?

the Lb position has changed

Becasuse Jeff Fisher is the HC of a 7-9 team. His record as Rams HC is no accident.

Lee is gonna get trucked, pancaked, just taken out of plays too many times to be worthy of this pick.

Could be he is in on passing downs only further diminishing his value.

Smurphy Lee is gonna be a disaster at the LB position.

Maybe they can convert him to safety.

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Becasuse Jeff Fisher is the HC of a 7-9 team. His record as Rams HC is no accident.

Lee is gonna get trucked, pancaked, just taken out of plays too many times to be worthy of this pick.

Could be he is in on passing downs only further diminishing his value.

Smurphy Lee is gonna be a disaster at the LB position.

Maybe they can convert him to safety.

You may be right, but the 3-4 Bowles plays is not the same one that Rex plays where the ILBs sole job is to take on blockers.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

2016 Draft Picks

RD(PK) PLAYER POS SCHOOL

Other than Hack, I like this draft, addressed alot of needs.  I like getting a QB, just not this one.

Then you are going to love this draft .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Then you are going to love this draft .

I'll love to proven wrong in my doubts on Hackenberg.

But lest be clear, Hackenberg will forever live not only with how he plays, but how Lynch and Cook play as well, the other QB's we could have had.

No one will be happier than I if Hack hits big and Lynch and Cook fizzle.

But I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But lest be clear, Hackenberg will forever live not only with how he plays, but how Lynch and Cook play as well, the other QB's we could have had.

But I have my doubts.

Fair enough, but if it's all the same to you, I will judge this young man base on what he does with what he's surrounded with instead of what someone else does . This kid needs to sit, heal and be reprogram . If the Jets give him this chance, I think we will all be happy . 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But I have my doubts.

20th pick on Lynch was too high n he was gone by our 2nd pick. I was surprised Cook lasted till the 4th round. I was hoping we get him in 2nd but what do I know. After reading up on CH, I'm glad we got him. Might be the better of the three 2nd tier QBs. 

54 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Fair enough, but if it's all the same to you, I will judge this young man base on what he does with what he's surrounded with instead of what someone else does . This kid needs to sit, heal and be reprogram . If the Jets give him this chance, I think we will all be happy . 

You're free to judge however you wish, but as with O'Brian/Marino, Rice/Toon, etc. some players are inextricably linked.  Especially in Jets draft history.

I think you're wrong, frankly.  I think he's all "potential", little reality.  A Front Office who thinks it's more clever than everyone else.  

Again, nothing will make me happier than Hack to be my Ramsey II.  The "man was he wrong" that no one forgets.  If I was a praying man, I'd pray for that (and world peace and the like).

50 minutes ago, j4jets said:

20th pick on Lynch was too high n he was gone by our 2nd pick.

Debatable, but in all honesty I was hoping for Lynch to fall to the 2nd, and would not have selected him myself at #20.  

I was surprised Cook lasted till the 4th round.

I'm surprised Cook was not our 2nd round pick.  I think he should have been.  If not him, a lesser prospect in the later rounds.  But not Hack and not in the 2nd.  Hack in the 3rd, maybe, 4th, fine.  

After reading up on CH, I'm glad we got him. Might be the better of the three 2nd tier QBs. 

Funny how different folks interpret things differently, everything I've read on Hack before and after has made me less confident in him, not more.  I'm hearing ALOT of excuse making for what amounts to a massive college-level disappointment who never came close to living up to his potential.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're free to judge however you wish, but as with O'Brian/Marino, Rice/Toon, etc. some players are inextricably linked.  Especially in Jets draft history.

I think you're wrong, frankly.  I think he's all "potential", little reality.  A Front Office who thinks it's more clever than everyone else.  

Again, nothing will make me happier than Hack to be my Ramsey II.  The "man was he wrong" that no one forgets.  If I was a praying man, I'd pray for that (and world peace and the like).

Even the worst sinners pray beloved, they just refuse to admit it.  I could be wrong, but I refuse to admit that .  "Faith is the substance of things hope for the evidence of things not seen " .  Without faith, what exactly are we ? I know Geno was abused as a Jet and I believe he can be resurrected into a useful QB.  "We must speak those things that are not as thou there were" if we are ever hopeful of seeing them come to fruition .

You started this LOL >

Granted Coach Westoff doesn't have the football knowledge of the JN wizards but last night on Jet nation draft edition he explained how Lee will be used in Boles defense. It was pretty impressive to watch but then again maybe Westoff would be better off reading JN so he could get a clue about football..;)

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're an optimist Tin, I'll give you that my friend. :D

I'm a conundrum . I look for the best in people but I always expect the worst .  For the most part I am always proven right. When I am proven wrong , I rejoice and celebrate .

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

But I have my doubts.

Eeyore.

14 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Granted Coach Westoff doesn't have the football knowledge of the JN wizards but last night on Jet nation draft edition he explained how Lee will be used in Boles defense. It was pretty impressive to watch but then again maybe Westoff would be better off reading JN so he could get a clue about football..;)

It would take him years just to get on par with the average poster :)

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It would take him years just to get on par with the average poster :)

True when Mac won executive of the year last year in his acceptance speech he thanked the true winners of the award the JN intelligentsia..;)

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

2016 Draft Picks

RD(PK) PLAYER POS SCHOOL

Have faith my friend, all kidding aside, what do we have left other than to hope they know more and we finally catch a break?  Just busting, no harm meant.  

23 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I loved the trade up to get back into the 5th, love the Shell pick. The guy outside of Hack I'm most curious about is Burris. Anyone know much about him? 

His highlight reel on nflnetwork was basically him making tackles after a teammate got beat.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Funny how different folks interpret things differently, everything I've read on Hack before and after has made me less confident in him, not more.  I'm hearing ALOT of excuse making for what amounts to a massive college-level disappointment who never came close to living up to his potential.

I agree he didn't live upto his expectations. There was a reason to that. He had a new offensive style to learn after his initial breakout year. And being 19 years old, I'm not going to fault him for having a down year n then showing improvement the following year. Don't forget he had possibly the worst OL out there. His issues are mechanical n that's the reason I'm upbeat. Else my preference was Cook aswell. I would not have minded if we drafted Cook in the third even with CH on board. You have to take your chances at QB n carry 4 QBs. Maybe that's a little to extreme but WB is the one position you take such risks. 

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I don't expect Hackenberg to be in the league in 5 years.

Do you know with any certainty if you will wake up tomorrow ?   Why would you wish that for someone  ?  Unless this is a personal thing, and something you just can't let go. Why on earth would a self profess Jet fan wish something like that on a Jet prospect who hasn't even thrown a Pass in the NFL yet ?

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Even the worst sinners pray beloved, they just refuse to admit it.  I could be wrong, but I refuse to admit that .  "Faith is the substance of things hope for the evidence of things not seen " .  Without faith, what exactly are we ? I know Geno was abused as a Jet and I believe he can be resurrected into a useful QB.  "We must speak those things that are not as thou there were" if we are ever hopeful of seeing them come to fruition .

You started this LOL >

Preach it! 

I love havin' church!

39 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Do you know with any certainty if you will wake up tomorrow ?   Why would you wish that for someone  ?  Unless this is a personal thing, and something you just can't let go. Why on earth would a self profess Jet fan wish something like that on a Jet prospect who hasn't even thrown a Pass in the NFL yet ?

No and often I'm not even sure if I want to, but that's another conversation.

Where did I say I wish it? I'm wishing for the opposite. I hope he wins all the superbowls and makes a complete fool out of me. I'll be rooting for him no matter what when he's on the field. What I want and what I expect are very different things. 

He's a QB with awful accuracy, at least right now. I don't see that as something that can be fixed and with the amount of hits he's taken I genuinely worry for longevity. 

Hope he proves me wrong. But I think his ceiling is an average backup in the NFL. 

Archived