Andrew Luck "underwhelming" at camp thus far

RoadFan

He's ugly. Like Mookie-Wilson-ugly.

But tough as nails and I think he's awesome. Lots of people say he's over-rated. I say he's under-rated.

The people responsible for running the team are not doing a very good job of building a team.

They hired Schotty..nuff said..god, I really disliked him at the end. 

I've been saying for a while that Luck is extremely overrated. Not saying he's not a good QB because he is. He's very good.

The problem is he's already been given the crown and treated like the standard bearer when he's yet to accomplish anything in his career yet. And keeps getting pass after pass.

Meanwhile an elite QB like Cam Newton has accomplished more with less and doesn't get nearly half the praise.

If Luck doesn't produce this year, it's time for people to realize he's not as good as he's made out to be

20 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Luck needs a defense and o-lline.  And he needs to learn how to stay healthy.

He was the quintessential #1 overall pick on every single board in the NFL.  He was supposed to make change the league, making those around him better and now he needs help from others to reach his potential . Amazing.

That is all.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

He was the quintessential #1 overall pick on every single board in the NFL.  He was supposed to make change the league, making those around him better and now he needs help from others to reach his potential . Amazing.

That is all.

Cmon you gotta admit Luck is seriously talented.  My biggest knock on him is that he's injury prone because he never holds back.  Give him another 2 years before we jump to conclusions on him.  His defense has been total crap, 25th in the league in scoring D last year.

if Lucks last name was Smith and he was taken in the 3rd round, he wouldnt have the contract he has.  Hes good but not a great qb.

Agreed. He only got drafted that high because he was Oliver Luck's son.

Wait, what?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Cmon you gotta admit Luck is seriously talented.  My biggest knock on him is that he's injury prone because he never holds back.  Give him another 2 years before we jump to conclusions on him.  His defense has been total crap, 25th in the league in scoring D last year.

I never said he wasn't talented . All I want to know is why it's so easy to make excuses for a player who was supposed to make those around him better .

Luck's been in the league 4 years and has a 40 TD season + and AFC title game appearance. Can someone explain this "pass" he's receiving? With how bad the overall QB situation is in the league currently, I'd gladly take him.

I've been saying for a while that Luck is extremely overrated. Not saying he's not a good QB because he is. He's very good.

The problem is he's already been given the crown and treated like the standard bearer when he's yet to accomplish anything in his career yet. And keeps getting pass after pass.

Meanwhile an elite QB like Cam Newton has accomplished more with less and doesn't get nearly half the praise.

If Luck doesn't produce this year, it's time for people to realize he's not as good as he's made out to be

Patern noted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Hmmm.   I was really just trolling a Schitty thread.  Still hate that guy.  This thread went in a different direction.  I really, really like Luck as a football player.

You have no idea how close you came to getting your wish. .  "Those that are led by the spirit of God are the Sons of God" . I thank God everyday that I have a relationship with him .

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

According to the Indianapolis Star's Stephen Holder.

The Brian Schitty factor already?

I wonder how he did in advanced trigonometry and differential equations at Stanford. He will need these skills to decipher schottenheimer's instructions.

complicated127.jpg

3 hours ago, King P said:

Ugh, Cam Newton was the NFL MVP.  

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ugh, Cam Newton was the NFL MVP.  

And look at all the crap he had to go through. I watched every week as the media refused to give him his props until he forced them to (they'd rather spend every week complaining about his dancing or something else trivial).

If he would have struggled like Luck did they really would have been all over him. Yet Luck gets a pass for everything and still gets anointed as the next big thing when he hasn't accomplished anything. FOH 

9 hours ago, King P said:

And look at all the crap he had to go through. I watched every week as the media refused to give him his props until he forced them to (they'd rather spend every week complaining about his dancing or something else trivial).

If he would have struggled like Luck did they really would have been all over him. Yet Luck gets a pass for everything and still gets anointed as the next big thing when he hasn't accomplished anything. FOH 

Some of that is their respective personalities. While many are cheap shots, Cam brings some of it on himself. Luck brings no such negative attention to himself, no trash talking, doesn't pick any fights, etc. Doesn't make him better, but it's a different style.

Think about it in an extreme like with the Jets. Rex used to make those ridiculous guarantees and the media goes after him. With identical game results would there have been so much negative written (and felt) about him? Pretty unlikely. Would D'Brickashaw Ferguson have had such sympathetic writeups the last year or two if he was a loudmouth douche instead of the soft spoken nice guy he is? Again, pretty unlikely. 

I think it's little more than if a guy makes things about himself and then fails, it's automatic attention. Just the way things are. We all rubberneck when passing a car wreck, even if we don't actually want to see people hurt or killed. 

Rest assured, if Luck was much of a self-promoter they'd be on him like stink on sh*t as well.

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Some of that is their respective personalities. While many are cheap shots, Cam brings some of it on himself. Luck brings no such negative attention to himself, no trash talking, doesn't pick any fights, etc. Doesn't make him better, but it's a different style.

Think about it in an extreme like with the Jets. Rex used to make those ridiculous guarantees and the media goes after him. With identical game results would there have been so much negative written (and felt) about him? Pretty unlikely. Would D'Brickashaw Ferguson have had such sympathetic writeups the last year or two if he was a loudmouth douche instead of the soft spoken nice guy he is? Again, pretty unlikely. 

I think it's little more than if a guy makes things about himself and then fails, it's automatic attention. Just the way things are. We all rubberneck when passing a car wreck, even if we don't actually want to see people hurt or killed. 

Rest assured, if Luck was much of a self-promoter they'd be on him like stink on sh*t as well.

Good comparison. Like Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." If you constantly run your mouth, people are going to constantly measure your stick. Especially when you make it easy to see by wearing these:

super-bowl-cams-pants-football.jpg

8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Some of that is their respective personalities. While many are cheap shots, Cam brings some of it on himself. Luck brings no such negative attention to himself, no trash talking, doesn't pick any fights, etc. Doesn't make him better, but it's a different style.

Cam doesn't really trash talk or anything, all he really likes to do is dance and have fun. Nothing wrong with that. Rob Gronkowski does it all the time and gets no flack for it. Aaron Rodgers does his TD celebration and he gets a commercial. I remember when Favre used to jump around after throwing a touchdown all the time. Stephen A Smith got on him for it and it's "Oh stop it Stephen A, you're bwings too harsh, he's just having fun". It's only a big deal if certain players do it. 

It shouldn't matter either way though. If a player is balling his ass off, he should be praised for his talent instead of focusing on meaningless crap like dancing. Not to mention how long it took Cam to be recognized as MVP. The whole season people were trying to say it should be Brady and then at the end switched it to Palmer. Put Luck in that situation and nobody would even make a case against him

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good comparison. Like Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." If you constantly run your mouth, people are going to constantly measure your stick. Especially when you make it easy to see by wearing these:

Even more so because Luck doesn't nearly have Cam's million dollar smile. Luck looks more like one of the filthy extras from Middle Earth. 

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

See this is what I'm talking about. Why are you focusing on how amother man dresses. In the grand scheme of things, it means absolutely nothing

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Even more so because Luck doesn't nearly have Cam's million dollar smile. Luck looks more like one of the filthy extras from Middle Earth. 

:lol: that one elicited an audible laugh. You've redeemed yourself from your Geno-wins-SB-in-Denver apocalypse suggestion.

Archived