Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Take a breath.  Not sure why you've taken on this losing cause with such fervor. 

You don't want to paint yourself into a corner like you have.  When Geno is declared the # 2 you'll need some of that energy to explain to us why everything we said would happen is still wrong.  And something about being insecure lol.

This would be cute, if it were accurate. All I've done, relative to the #2 job, is say we won't find out if Geno won or lost the job, until the Jets make it clear. The rest of the convo is just mocking dummy remarks. Sort of like how I handle you, toots.

You should have stayed under your rock.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Well, you set a lower limit of 5-6 as not "a lot". If 20 more pro-Geno posters show up, would that be "a lot" enough? Would 20 more pro-Geno posters lend more "relevance" to our opinions?

lol, now you're getting into semantics

tgats twice you've attacked me for doing something I'm not, then turned around and did it yourself... You're a one-man band!

Just now, Integrity28 said:

lol, now you're getting into semantics

tgats twice you've attacked me for doing something I'm not, then turned around and did it yourself... You're a one-man band!

Yeah, you responded to me, but I "attacked" you. Right. 

14 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Yeah, you responded to me, but I "attacked" you. Right. 

Semantics. Again, take it to mean argued or criticized. I'm obviously not accusing you of a personal attack, but perhaps this... Like most everything else, is lost on you.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Semantics. Again, take it to mean argued or criticized. I'm obviously not accusing you of a personal attack, but perhaps this... Like most everything else, is lost on you.

I don't even know what you're arguing about. Maybe you should put that beer down and take a nap in that lounge chair.

14 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I don't even know what you're arguing about. Maybe you should put that beer down and take a nap in that lounge chair.

I'm not arguing, boobie. I'm just telling you what you're doing is funny... In a laugh at you sort of way.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

FitzNation has posted so much drivel and hate towards Geno Smith that if Fitzpatrick fails where will they run and hide what will they post then or will they make excuses. 

Rooting for failure already Joe?

So if Fitzpatrick goes 2-5 will you still support him or would you rather see a change at QB before the season is lost.

A change of QB to Geno, Petty or Hack means the season is already lost.  None of those three are "Season saviours" of any kind.  One is a bust whose track record shows him to be one of the worst #1 QB's in the NFL, the other two developmental prospects of the greenest sort.

If Fitz goes 2-5, I'll be disappointed.  If we go 2-5 because Fitz stinks up the joint, I'll be critical of him.  If there are other causes, I'll be critical of them.  I don;t know what you think is going to happen about "running" if Fitz does poorly.

Fitzpatrick played 11 seasons before he finally had a decent one Geno only 4

Geno has never had a decent season, so we don't know how long it would take for him to have one.  Maybe we'll find out next year when he's somewhere else?

The problem is FitzNation doesn't see what he really is and never will. 

What do you think he is?

I think he's a placeholder journeyman veteran who is good enough to hold down the fort for a year or two till our developmental prospects (Petty and Hack) grow to a point where they, or some other young prospect we draft, can compete for the #1 job.  Fitz is a good mentor for these kids, and gives the team the best chance (chance, look up the word if you're unsure what it means in this context) to win in 2016 vs. the other options available..  He'll provide average to slightly above or below average quality of play, and a generally average or slightly sub-average level of production.

Please, by all means, tell me what part of Fitz I've misjudged?

48 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Laughing into your beer doesn't necessarily mean everyone is laughing with you.

Unlike some, I don't look to others for approval. I'm laughing, and that's all that matters.

39 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Anyway, back on topic, I truly believe that Geno provides our best option at backup QB.

Not the topic.

JW12 

The problem is FitzNation doesn't see what he really is and never will. 

Warfish -

What do you think he is?

I think he's a placeholder journeyman veteran who is good enough to hold down the fort for a year or two till our developmental prospects (Petty and Hack) grow to a point where they, or some other young prospect we draft, can compete for the #1 job.  Fitz is a good mentor for these kids, and gives the team the best chance (chance, look up the word if you're unsure what it means in this context) to win in 2016 vs. the other options available..  He'll provide average to slightly above or below average quality of play, and a generally average or slightly sub-average level of production.

Please, by all means

Geno's Myhero's are unable to reply with a legit, reasonable, logic driven response ... Guaranteed you will be ignored or a diversion ... Semi-answer that discussed Petty or Geno or last decade results ... Waiting in anticipation 

7 minutes ago, ljr said:

Geno's Myhero's are unable to reply with a legit, reasonable, logic driven response ... Guaranteed you will be ignored or a diversion ... Semi-answer that discussed Petty or Geno or last decade results ... Waiting in anticipation 

I feel that Geno offers the better option at backup QB than Petty does.  That's as logical as I can be, dude.

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Add likeable as the fifth word of this and it's pretty much spot on

Nah. I just don't think you had one. But you're welcome to actually talk about one if you find it. 

What am I, your butler? I can be accused of a lot of things, but one of them isn't meandering through a topic. You on the other hand have history of being willing fully ignorant. I was pretty clear. You came back with the equivalent of school counsellor's verbal hand job.

Clean my shoes while you're at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rooting for failure already Joe?

A change of QB to Geno, Petty or Hack means the season is already lost.  None of those three are "Season saviours" of any kind.  One is a bust whose track record shows him to be one of the worst #1 QB's in the NFL, the other two developmental prospects of the greenest sort.

If Fitz goes 2-5, I'll be disappointed.  If we go 2-5 because Fitz stinks up the joint, I'll be critical of him.  If there are other causes, I'll be critical of them.  I don;t know what you think is going to happen about "running" if Fitz does poorly.

Geno has never had a decent season, so we don't know how long it would take for him to have one.  Maybe we'll find out next year when he's somewhere else?

What do you think he is?

I root for all players in a Jets uniform to excel and win us a Super Bowl 

Hold down the fort? While other stars on this team get older and contracts run out we have a roster that can win now with some tweaking

Geno is far from a seasoned veteran thats been passed around the NFL 

Ironically no other team wanted Fitzpatrick except the Jets

Mentor? LOL How so how not to make the playoffs how to choke in a big game,how he cant throw the deep ball 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ever notice how some people follow the majority because they think it makes them cool 

Gotta say, your wacky, contrary opinions are a breath of fresh air from the majority opinions. Love you, joewilly12.

40 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

I feel that Geno offers the better option at backup QB than Petty does.  That's as logical as I can be, dude.

Agreed (although the gap is much smaller now than I expected it would be ... I'm very curious to see how Petty responds tomorrow night with the spotlight shining squarely on him)

however, even with your answer returning us back to the main topic of this thread ... It is a diversion from what I quoted ... Where if you look above you will see JoeWilly12 off on a tangent making up that Jetfans wanting Fitz as our QB in 2016 somehow believe him to be Aaron Rodgers ... Which couldn't be further from the truth.

and Warfish responding with a logical - reason based detailed description of what many of us expect from Fitz this year.

JoeWilly12 & his closest Geno fanclub buddies will never be able to accept such a reasonable reply ... If you can, then I commend you!

Just now, ljr said:

Agreed (although the gap is much smaller now than I expected it would be ... I'm very curious to see how Petty responds tomorrow night with the spotlight shining squarely on him)

however, even with your answer returning us back to the main topic of this thread ... It is a diversion from what I quoted ... Where if you look above you will see JoeWilly12 off on a tangent making up that Jetfans wanting Fitz as our QB in 2016 somehow believe him to be Aaron Rodgers ... Which couldn't be further from the truth.

and Warfish responding with a logical - reason based detailed description of what many of us expect from Fitz this year.

JoeWilly12 & his closest Geno fanclub buddies will never be able to accept such a reasonable reply ... If you can, then I commend you!

I would love to see Petty against actual NFL starters. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened. When Petty proves he can handle that, I'll be all aboard. Until then....

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Unfortunately this board has people like ljr they are clueless when it comes to football and seem only to post to ridicule others. 

The drivel I speak of a lot is from him. 

I support Geno Smith because so far he has been given a raw deal here worst WRs in the league worst head coach worst OC though he's made some mistakes and many on him he could flourish as Fitzpatrick did with the luxury of the easy schedule and stacked team. 

He managed 8-8 with Clyde Gates and David Nelson 

Archived