Geno Smith Trade Speculation Rumors: MERGED

AFJF

2 hours ago, Pac said:

If you extrapolate his #'s in the Raiders game over the course of a season they would have been > than Fitzpatricks.

Good grief.

You mean like if the Jets were headed towards a 4 win season, were trailing big in every game, and Geno was allowed to feast on gobs of underneath prevent crap every second half?

Wait a minute....we saw that movie.  Yeah, it was called "The New York Jets 2014 Season".

SAR I

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

You mean like if the Jets were headed towards a 4 win season, were trailing big in every game, and Geno was allowed to feast on gobs of underneath prevent crap every second half?

Wait a minute....we saw that movie.  Yeah, it was called "The New York Jets 2014 Season".

SAR I

even as i continue to post in this thread i realize it's not worth my time.

this morning i was listening to kim jones who was filling in for boomer/carton.  she said the nfl writers in the press box were oohing at a few of hackenberg's throws.  this geno nonsense is almost over.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

He Played 1 game last season - that's your datapoint 1 game. By that token we should all judge Fitz by that last game in Buffalo and say he had all the weaponzzzz but wasn't good enough or whatever else the rhetoric that get's applied to Geno.

Stop bringing Ryan Fitzpatrick into this, he's irrelevant towards whether or not Geno Smith deserves to hold a clipboard ahead of Bryce Petty this year.

Last year's 1 game should be more relevant than 2014's 16 games because your boy is a year older, a year more experienced, and was allowed to drive a nice car for the first time.  And what about this preseason?  His body of work against the Jaguars, Redskins, and Giants is brutal. 

SAR I

17 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Imagine Geno with Penningtons brain?? Geno can take a hit(Not counting IK) has a strong arm and can run..Who knows maybe down the line on another team the light comes on..B)

There's nothing stupid about Geno at all. As a matter of fact his Wonderlic score was a modest 24 which is the average for NFL Qbs. So he's not stupid in terms of intelligence or IQ. The Wonderlic doesn't measure Football IQ. 

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

even as i continue to post in this thread i realize it's not worth my time.

this morning i was listening to kim jones who was filling in for boomer/carton.  she said the nfl writers in the press box were oohing at a few of hackenberg's throws.  this geno nonsense is almost over.

I love all the Geno threads.

It's like making a sand castle on the beach.  Yeah, it never looks good and yeah, it's going to be gone in an hour, but boy does the sand feel good as it runs through your fingers.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There's nothing stupid about Geno at all. As a matter of fact his Wonderlic score was a modest 24 which is the average for NFL Qbs. So he's not stupid in terms of intelligence or IQ. The Wonderlic doesn't measure Football IQ. 

Agreed he is not stupid.  I kind of relate some of his problems to a brother of mine, god rest his soul.  He was a very smart guy, book smart and good to talk to but he had zero wisdom, as in if you thought of exactly the wrong thing to do in a social situation he would do it not thinking he had done anything wrong.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Geno defenders are the ones that cultivated this daily nonsense, now they are playing victim. Freud would have a field day with some of these guys.

Very true.

They seem to think there actually are "Geno haters", like anyone would be that consumed or interested in him to care that much.  What's going on here is that there are Geno lovers and then a bunch of guys who have no idea why anyone on God's green Earth would feel that way.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

'cept for that time when he went to San Diego and didn't realize that there was a time difference

9 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

And I was talking football IQ  Marino had a 16 and Jim Kelley 15 and they are in the HOF.. So why bring up the Wonderlic test??

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Very true.

They seem to think there actually are "Geno haters", like anyone would be that consumed or interested in him to care that much.  What's going on here is that there are Geno lovers and then a bunch of guys who have no idea why anyone on God's green Earth would feel that way.

SAR I

seriously.  it's easier to defend sanchez here, even chad.  with geno, i don't know what there is to defend.  got kicked off an airplane, texted his junk, got socked by a teammate and didn't know cali is 3 hrs behind.  boycotted the media during preseason, mind you.  no pocket or situational awareness.  only an above average arm, and undersized.  with so many other recent qb prospects entering the nfl at least you knew what to hang your hat on with them.  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Very true.

SAR I

That is exactly what a Geno hater would say.

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Very true.

SAR I

Exactly. 

I don't hate Geno. I hate bad logic and dishonest debate tactics. I never entered a discussion about Geno intent to prove he sucks. He sucks. That's a given. I only got involved because I like to criticize illogical statements and dishonest debate tactics. The pro-Geno party doesn't know any other way... 

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is exactly what a Geno hater would say.

You hear these clowns?  Geno lovers started it lol...

Yeah the 3 guys defending Geno against 1000 posters started it.  Too funny..  

You gotta be loving this crap. ;)

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Agreed he is not stupid.  I kind of relate some of his problems to a brother of mine, god rest his soul.  He was a very smart guy, book smart and good to talk to but he had zero wisdom, as in if you thought of exactly the wrong thing to do in a social situation he would do it not thinking he had done anything wrong.

He wore a hat that said "Zero Friends" on it recently when speaking to reporters.  not a "wise" person.

On August 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM, fltflo said:

Which just goes to show you that even when he shows something, the hate group blows it off as meaningless anyway.

Like making a dolphin game, where win and they're in the playoffs and trying to turn the games into meaningless end of season games?  Where you just can't bring yourself to give any credit?  

Gotta keep in mind, Geno is a Free Agent after this year! I do not want to negotiate with him after he has a "good not great" season. I think we are better off if we go with Fitz, Petty and Hack......We can renegotiate with Fitz or move on with two unproven but, better than Geno QB's who are under contract.

47 minutes ago, Pac said:

There he is!  My personal paparazzi.

In a couple minutes I'm going to take a crap..  get your camera ready!

giphy.gif

Your comebacks are awful and not nearly funny enough to hide the annoyance they are drenched with.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If Fitz goes down, it's a lost season anyway, so it's bed to turn the keys over to Petty and see what he has. 

Unfortunately (for you), the people who do this for a living have jobs on the line -- and a responsibility to the team. Their jobs also involve not wasting our fcking time with "see what random player X can do" like this is some video game.

The GM has a responsibility to do everything possible to not throw in the towel. If Petty wants to "show us what he can do" he can start by being the best back up and proving to  coaches he can win on Sunday, NOW. Not next year, now. 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

honestly, people here would stop analyzing geno if other posters would stop defending him.  

We both know thats total bullsh*t. 

The real reason why Geno is still the topic of discussion isnt because of the 10% of the forum who support Geno (different than defending), but because Fitz has looked like sh*t this offseason and Petty, outside of the Redskins game has looked rather inconsistent and our 2nd round pick in Hackenberg is included in that also because he couldnt even see the field until the 3rd preseason game. Someone tried to make a thread about Hackenberg passing the "eye test" when only completing 37% of his passes, and outside of one drive looked bad. 

People would stop analyzing Geno if the other QB's gave them something to actually talk about. They havent. And the fact that they havent is the reason for the need to keep this alive. Fitz fumbles in the redzone, Petty threw a pick 6, Hackenberg threw an INT deep in Jets territory and the 90% said nothing. Geno threw a pick in double coverage against the Redskins and guys were flipping out like it was the most terrible INT thrown ever. 

Furthermore, most of us have even stopped with the constant responses (called defending) because you have guys immediately consider the board "unreadable". I counted yesterday 4 or 5 separate threads on the first page of complete Geno bashing and two on Sanchez. The Teddy Bridgewater "Out for the season" thread turned into a Geno bash thread. This sh*t is hilarious I must admit. 

If Fitzpatrick, Petty or Hackenberg would have looked good this preseason it would be ALL OVER the boards. But since all of the QB's are looking somewhat the same, the deciding factor has become a popularity contest....or "a lack of" popularity contest. 

This summer has been "The Kraken"! I dont know what the hell would happen here if Macc doesnt keep 4 QB's and Geno isnt the QB cut. I'd definitely love to see what this site would look like though. I can imagine it now....and I feel like the epicness that I will read on this board will have me in tears. Either that, or I'll read indirect comments about "Advanced Stats" all season long, or until sh*t doesnt go well with Fitz. =D>

Archived